Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TAGG, December 5, 2021, 5:28pm
Ipswich sack Paul Cook
Much the same as us so far this season.
Good start to the season, some great results then the wheels fall off.
Thrashing Doncaster 6-0 two months ago. They won 4-0 at Portsmouth on October 19. It was only 30 days ago that they won 4-1 at Wycombe.

0:0 draw with Barrow was the last straw.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 5, 2021, 5:47pm; Reply: 1
Another club living firmly in the past, fans think they should still be vying for European Cups and League titles.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 5, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 2

Awaits Swin's reaction to the sacking !!!
Posted by: GhostDan, December 5, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 3
Pretty sure they actually had an abysmal start to the season and found themselves in the relegation zone after about 8/9 games.
Posted by: Poojah, December 5, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 4
*Adds Paul Cook to the list of unrealistic Hurst replacements.*
Posted by: Abdul19, December 5, 2021, 6:45pm; Reply: 5
One Ipswich failure as manager is enough etc etc
Posted by: Ipswin, December 5, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

Awaits Swin's reaction to the sacking !!!

Don't give a damn TBH (I only wish Hurst was in line for the job)

Their new (non football) American owners didn't urine about. (Pettits and Stockwoods to note please)

I only ever look to see how Toto has performed and what Nolan's latest injury is
Posted by: Kris2, December 6, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club
Another club living firmly in the past, fans think they should still be vying for European Cups and League titles.

All sounds a bit familiar really.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 8, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 8
Ipswich fans fighting with Toto Nsiala last night at Charlton .... Imps fans in heated confrontation with Chris Maguire on Saturday v Hartlepool, it seems to be  a common theme these days?

Appleton really is on thin ice at the moment btw, its absolutely dire stuff, just 2 goals versus ...

Bowers & Pitsea
Doncaster
Portsmouth
Accrington
Carlisle
Hartlepool
Crewe
Posted by: Ipswin, December 8, 2021, 11:07am; Reply: 9
30 minutes from Omar last night - don't know how he played but Donny fans pre-match were either going to lynch him or give him a knighthood depending on performance

Toto missed a good headed chance but appears to have done as well (badly) as the rest of the defence v Charlton

Finally Appleton is being mentioned in the (extensive) list of replacements at Portman Road

Done deal if you ask me McGreal joined the Ipswich managerial staff just two days before Paul Cook was sacked sounds, even more dodgy than the Maguire-Drew signing!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 8, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Ipswich fans fighting with Toto Nsiala last night at Charlton .... Imps fans in heated confrontation with Chris Maguire on Saturday v Hartlepool, it seems to be  a common theme these days?

Appleton really is on thin ice at the moment btw, its absolutely dire stuff, just 2 goals versus ...

Bowers & Pitsea
Doncaster
Portsmouth
Accrington
Carlisle
Hartlepool
Crewe

Can't be. Only Town fans act in this way.  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 8, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin
30 minutes from Omar last nice - don't know how he played but Donny fans pre-match were either going to lynch him or give him a knighthood depending on performance

Toto missed a good headed chance but appears to have done as well (badly) as the rest of the defence v Charlton

Finally Appleton is being mentioned in the (extensive) list of replacements at Portman Road

Done deal if you ask me McGreal joined the Ipswich managerial staff just two days before Paul Cook was sacked sounds, even more dodgy than the Maguire-Drew signing!

Doesn't look like he did that bad going by a couple of posts on their forum.

Quoted Text
Bogle did okay and offered us a focal point I thought. Got to credit the supporters for the reception given to him, and for using his introduction as a catalyst to lift the team. Our fans don’t always get it right, but tonight I thought it was a good touch no matter what anyone thinks of Bogle. He’s our player and supporting him like that is infinitely more productive than the alternative.

We’re unfortunate to come away with nothing there. I’d start him Saturday.

Quoted Text

Bogle played very well when he came on, lifted the players and fans and he put himself about and worked hard, also started the build up for our goal. Him and Hiwula made a massive impact on the game and in the end we were unlucky to lose the game.

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 8, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Bowers & Pitsea
Doncaster
Portsmouth
Accrington
Carlisle
Hartlepool
Crewe

Well I have more Lincoln supporting friends than I have Grimsby and to date not one of them has once suggested Appleton is on thin ice and most understand you have injuries to your main forward players and the spine of your team. The key difference between last season and this appears to be the quality of your loan signings as you have not found anyone with the qualities of Rogers and Johnson.

Pretty much reflects what happened at town during Holloway’s brief stay, first season two outstanding loan players from Burnley next season none of the seven loan signings, despite some glimpses of class from Edwards, performed as we would have wanted. Personally I am against clubs being allowed to loan up to 7 players with 5 allowed in match day squads as it means half your team can be players who don’t belong to your club and thus can give a totally false impression of where your club is really “at” in terms of performance levels and progression.

Heard Robson Kanu is joining you in January and with other players returning to fitness think results will improve although personally I am enjoying your current demise and trips to the pub are not accompanied by constant rants about the mighty imps and your great supporters.

Town also have a number of loan signings and fair to say two of these were, during our good run, were amongst our better players and I would like the number of loans be restricted to a maximum of four per club with three allowed in match day squads.

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:18am