Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 4, 2021, 10:39pm

Even with our decent home record I'm not too hopeful against Chesterfield.

The visitors are on a good run of form and McAtee starts his three game ban.

I'd take a draw now if offered it.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 4, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 1
Honestly think we'll get hammered, Tishmanga will run riot if we're not careful.
Saying that we'll end up playing out of our skins and put 6 past themđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 4, 2021, 10:47pm; Reply: 2
It's exactly the sort of game where on paper we're due to get spanked - awful form, best player suspended, opponents are top of the league, but I wouldn't put it past us somehow pulling off a win (I say this while googling 'Tshimanga hat trick odds' in another browser tab)
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 4, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Chrisblor
It's exactly the sort of game where on paper we're due to get spanked - awful form, best player suspended, opponents are top of the league, but I wouldn't put it past us somehow pulling off a win (I say this while googling 'Tshimanga hat trick odds' in another browser tab)

This does have a Hurst backs-t’wall, 1-0 after 90 mins, Bell on the break, 2-0, ring to it.

Turns out Tshimanga can’t do it on a filthy, cold easterly in December.
Posted by: DB, December 5, 2021, 4:03am; Reply: 4
2 - 1 to Town against the run of form. We seem to play well against good sides and the team have something to prove.
Posted by: denni266, December 5, 2021, 4:30am; Reply: 5
Hurst will  have planned for this  with the front two protecting the back eight . Four center backs and two fullbacks  should hold them for 10 minutes
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 5, 2021, 12:26pm; Reply: 6
Just a general question but, if McAtee “ is our best player” then surely we should be more then happy with our current position, as last season he was playing for scunny who only finished 2 places above us, and they allowed him to leave and come to us.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 5, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 7
I have got my friend from Chesterfield a big fan of there’s coming over to go to the game with me and fish and chips.. Arranged back in October when we were flying .I think I can feel Covid coming on.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 5, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 8
Can’t see us getting anything from this game
Posted by: ska face, December 5, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 9
I don’t think McAtee’s that big a miss now we’ve got Bell in. Both good on the ball, decent finishers and plenty of work rate.

Doesn’t matter if the fans think we’re a one man team, but looks like the rest of the squad think so too and their heads just completely fell off when he got injured.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 5, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HerveJosse
I have got my friend from Chesterfield a big fan of there’s coming over to go to the game with me and fish and chips.. Arranged back in October when we were flying .I think I can feel Covid coming on.

He wont come on until the 70th minute.
Posted by: acko338, December 5, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 11
We cannot rely on McAtee in every match as a saviour so if that sryle of play is Plan a , b and c, then we need to find an alternative no 10 to fill the role.

Souza seems to play better in front of a home crowd, and the back 4 needs to be all in proper positions next weekend.

The Hunt to Waterfall corner routine looks to have been sussed now, so a 2nd plan needs to emerge.

Plan d is to bribe the ref this afternoon so at least 3 of theirs are sent off. 😉
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2021, 3:21pm; Reply: 12
The concern is what will happen if we go behind, earlier in the season we showed some resilience but that appears to have disappeared.

Posted by: promotion plaice, December 5, 2021, 3:51pm; Reply: 13

A chance to check them out shortly, wouldn't be surprised to see Hurst there.

FA Cup Second Round.

17:15  Salford v Chesterfield  (ITV4)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 5, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 14
Might as well give up on a result in this game guys my Brothers coming up for this one and I think he's seen Town win like once in the last 8 years. He's a right jynx. I did ask MadeleyMariner if we could tie him to a lampost outside the ground, but apparently thats not an option  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 5, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just a general question but, if McAtee “ is our best player” then surely we should be more then happy with our current position, as last season he was playing for scunny who only finished 2 places above us, and they allowed him to leave and come to us.

Where is the question?

Posted by: acko338, December 5, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 16
Will Hurst be hiring a Salford hitman this afternoon?
Posted by: Ruston AT, December 5, 2021, 5:23pm; Reply: 17

Watched 5 mins of Salford V chesterfield, we are in deep kaka. Can't see us stopping either of these now!
Posted by: chaos33, December 5, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 18
Salford are in L2
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 5, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 19

Salford 0-1 Chesterfield   ??)
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 5, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 20
Mandeville (Chesterfield) just did a Paul Scholes inspired goal celebration taking the urine out of him biting his daughter’s toe nails.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 21
Well i think they’ve looked crap
 long ball for tshimanga to chase

1-0 up tho
Posted by: DB, December 5, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 22
Chesterfield don't look brilliant although they are winning, defence is a long kick upfield but they do have 12 out with injuries.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 5, 2021, 6:45pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from DB
Chesterfield don't look brilliant although they are winning, defence is a long kick upfield but they do have 12 out with injuries.

Didn’t work too well for us yesterday though did it with so many Dagenham players out.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 5, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 24
Must admit though. I’ve not seen anything yet to scare me about Chesterfield. Won’t be easy but it’s a winnable game.

Hopefully they hold on to win this then get an eye catching draw in R3 to distract them.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2021, 6:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Must admit though. I’ve not seen anything yet to scare me about Chesterfield. Won’t be easy but it’s a winnable game.

Hopefully they hold on to win this then get an eye catching draw in R3 to distract them.

Both teams been very poor
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 26
2-0
Posted by: quebec38, December 5, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 27
They are gonna come here full of confidence and who could blame them. Imagine the shoe being on the other foot though. We would still be mighty nervous so let’s just see.

No Hunt or McAtee. Sousa potentially still too weak from illness, Crookes has got a problem. Uncertainty in goal. Would be so Grimsby to get the win.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 5, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 28
Lower league club beats moneyed higher league club. But we f perspective there.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Bigdog

Give over. Salford very physical and had a lively forward in Asante. Chesterfield stood up to the physical challenge well, including the long throws, and looked dangerous on the break with Tshimanga always playing on the shoulder of defenders keeping them in two minds. Both teams excellent in closing down without the ball and both have showed at times composure under pressure and worked the ball quicker and with more attacking intent than we do.

Solid clean sheet away win with a depleted squad against a top half League Two side that throws a bit of cash around. What's not to like about that performance?

Are you allright?

It was a terrible watch
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 5, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 30
Setting aside our rivalry this season I’m glad Chesterfield won. It’s always good to see rich men’s playthings get beaten. Good goals too. Not sure about the quality of the rest of the game.

(Plus the distraction of R3 for them won’t do us any harm next weekend).
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Bigdog

Can't be arsed to explain to you the difference between good performances and good games to watch..

Then dont send long rambling patronising bullshit in the first place then😂

excrement game to watch between 2 very direct sides
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), December 5, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 32
Saturday.  đŸ™ˆđŸ™ŠđŸ†˜ïž(cry)(cry)(cry)
Posted by: barrattstandman, December 5, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Bigdog

Can't be arsed to explain to you the difference between good performances and good games to watch..

Even the commentator said that at the end of the game the ball will Need to go in the treatment room . It will be very bruised .
Think he meant " no quality just big boot "
Posted by: aldi_01, December 5, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 34
The short but I saw was awful.

Chesterfield won’t care but I’m not too worried.

Kudos to their goal celebration though
hopefully they get a big draw in round 3 and lose their focus

Posted by: easypeersy, December 5, 2021, 10:09pm; Reply: 35
Absolutely no chance of winning this one.
Bye bye Hurst
Posted by: aldi_01, December 5, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from easypeersy
Bye bye Hurst

Evening Mr Scott, still bitter I see

Posted by: golfer, December 5, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 37
[quote=120785n. It’s always good to see rich men’s playthings get beaten..

Pervert
Posted by: fishcake63, December 6, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Hagrid
Well i think they’ve looked crap
 long ball for tshimanga to chase

1-0 up tho

Glad someone else thinks the same as me , granted they defended box ok but for me if we play like we can at home we have nothing to fear
Posted by: chaos33, December 6, 2021, 5:22pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from easypeersy
Bye bye Hurst

Jeez
.why do you bother?
Posted by: DB, December 6, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 40
Chesterfield didn't look that good to me. The defence was nearly always a big boot up the field to nobody. If Town play as we know they can play then a 2 - 1 win for me and end of the losing streak.
Posted by: Simon, December 6, 2021, 6:17pm; Reply: 41
Home for a few days so picked up a ticket for Saturday, time to see what all the fuss is about
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 6, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 42
Chesterfield have drawn Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in FA Cup 3rd round. Hopefully puts them off!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 6, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 43
Chesterfield have drawn Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in FA Cup 3rd round. Hopefully puts them off!!

They really are this season’s Lincoln aren’t they?
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), December 6, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 44
FAcup, Chelsea v  Chesterfield,  probably getting their investment back with this one, January can spend more money. :-/
Posted by: oochiad, December 6, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 45
I saw nothing to fear in that game IF we turn up and play like we can

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 7, 2021, 12:42am; Reply: 46
Quoted from golfer
[quote=120785n. It’s always good to see rich men’s playthings get beaten..

Pervert

I resemble that remark!
Posted by: DaleH, December 7, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 47
Tough games like these are often the games you need to get the so-called monkey off your back, and to get that reset button pressed.

Wouldn't surprise me if we won this game by the odd goal or two.
Posted by: ska face, December 7, 2021, 12:40pm; Reply: 48
I’ll be amazed if we even get close on Saturday. 0-3 incoming.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 7, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from DaleH

Wouldn't surprise me if we won this game by the odd goal in two.

Is that mathematically possible?

Posted by: fishcake63, December 7, 2021, 2:11pm; Reply: 50
3-1 to the mighty mariners saturday not sure why we are overating chesterfield i'll make a statement now they wont finish above us in league & no i'v not been on vino
Posted by: Mayaman, December 7, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 51
Lost 0-3 .  No shots on target for us.  
Posted by: quebec38, December 7, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 52
              Crocombe

Efete Waterfall Towler Revan

Fox    Clifton

JMD           Bell             Bapaga

Taylor

Really depleted side on Saturday isn’t it. Not sure we can do much other than the above? I wouldn’t trust switching to 3 at the back for such a big game. It will take a big performance to get something here.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 7, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from quebec38
              Crocombe

Efete Waterfall Towler Revan

Fox    Clifton

JMD           Bell             Bapaga

Taylor

Really depleted side on Saturday isn’t it. Not sure we can do much other than the above? I wouldn’t trust switching to 3 at the back for such a big game. It will take a big performance to get something here.

I dont want to see Revan anywhere near the 11
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 7, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 54
GK

Efete Waterfall Towler Crookes/Clifton

JMD Fox Hunt Clifton/Coke Sousa

Taylor

I'd like to see Bell up front with Taylor and I know we are at home but we have to control the midfield Saturday.
Posted by: quebec38, December 7, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 55
Revan only at left back as he is the only fit player to play there right now. He must have something, surely??

FYI everyone: only taken the info from the GET that has Coke, Sousa, Crookes all injured. Hunt and McAtee are suspended.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, December 7, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 56
2-0 to Chesterfield.

They're on a great run and keep winning. Unless we can pull out a performance  for the first time in 6 weeks hard to see anything but a win for the Spireites. I live in hope Town can re-discover the dynamic play we started the season with.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 7, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 57
We need Towler back at CB, he's the only one with any pace ago can potentially keep up with Tshmanga.
Watching Chesterfield the other night it wasn't up front that impressed me, it was at the back and I'm not sure we have enough to hurt them tbh.
If we keep Tshmanga quiet we could possibly nick a set piece 1-0...if not I'm dreading a bit of a drubbing.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 7, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
We need Towler back at CB, he's the only one with any pace and can potentially keep up with Tshmanga.
Watching Chesterfield the other night it wasn't up front that impressed me, it was at the back and I'm not sure we have enough to hurt them tbh.
If we keep Tshmanga quiet we could possibly nick a set piece 1-0...if not I'm dreading a bit of a drubbing.

Posted by: chaos33, December 7, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 59
I still think, player for player, we are as good as anybody and better than most and we have great depth. I worry about the absence of McAtee, but we need individuals to step up now and reclaim that start of season form. At home, there should be nobody who can turn us over. It’s about the correct selection first and foremost and then individual players raising their game once again. I wouldn’t fear Chesterfield. We should be thinking 
’they won’t fancy coming to BP and getting something’. Winners mindset. Nobody to fear.
Posted by: Poojah, December 7, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from chaos33
I still think, player for player, we are as good as anybody and better than most and we have great depth. I worry about the absence of McAtee, but we need individuals to step up now and reclaim that start of season form. At home, there should be nobody who can turn us over. It’s about the correct selection first and foremost and then individual players raising their game once again. I wouldn’t fear Chesterfield. We should be thinking 
’they won’t fancy coming to BP and getting something’. Winners mindset. Nobody to fear.

A winners mindset is the problem right now though, isn’t it? My confidence in our ability to win games has been absolutely shot and I can’t for the life of me see where the next 3 points (or even point) are going to come from. I’m only sat in the stands watching, so if that’s me what on earth is going on in the heads of the manager and players right now?

If there’s a straw to be clutched at anywhere, it’s probably that Hurst and his teams generally do well with their backs against the wall. The toxicity after that Braintree home let seemed to lead to a “we’ll show those cĂșnts” type attitude which worked to our advantage in the second leg.

The Braintree comparison isn’t entirely fair in the sense that our support for the most part this season has been absolutely top notch and the bulk of the concern and criticism that I’ve seen recently has been fair and balanced. That said, I don’t think it’s an exaggeration that most Town fans expect us to lose to Chesterfield on Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to that. Despite our recent spate of defeats, I don’t think the general expectation ahead of each game was for us to lose, so this will be a new experience for them.

Football’s a funny old game, even if I do still anticipate a comfortable Chesterfield victory as things stand.
Posted by: essexexile, December 7, 2021, 5:29pm; Reply: 61
Chesterfield were solid all over the park against Salford left and right front and back wish I could say that about us last week
Posted by: mariner91, December 7, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 62
Real shame to see quite a few tickets are still for sale in a top of the table clash.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 7, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from mariner91
Real shame to see quite a few tickets are still for sale in a top of the table clash.

It was always going to dip at some point, think right on top of Xmas and recent poor performances have had a bearing on the take up, only positive is chesterfield have sold out so should still be an half decent crowd and atmosphere.
Big performance and result needed to keep the floating fans interested
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 8, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 64
I know we’re not allowed to talk about the Premier League on here but there’s an awful lot of Covid cases flying around in the top flight in the last few days.

There’s been an outbreak at Spurs and it appears there are a lot at Leicester and Brighton.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have some matches affected in the next few weeks.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 8, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 65

It was always going to dip at some point, think right on top of Xmas and recent poor performances have had a bearing on the take up, only positive is chesterfield have sold out so should still be an half decent crowd and atmosphere.
Big performance and result needed to keep the floating fans interested

This
the time of year me the bad run have coincided which will no doubt impact the crowds which is predictable and probably not a shock
not to mention a fair few home games in a short space of time
and a massive away cup game to think about

Posted by: pontoonlew, December 9, 2021, 9:59am; Reply: 66
Quoted from Poojah

A winners mindset is the problem right now though, isn’t it? My confidence in our ability to win games has been absolutely shot and I can’t for the life of me see where the next 3 points (or even point) are going to come from. I’m only sat in the stands watching, so if that’s me what on earth is going on in the heads of the manager and players right now?

If there’s a straw to be clutched at anywhere, it’s probably that Hurst and his teams generally do well with their backs against the wall. The toxicity after that Braintree home let seemed to lead to a “we’ll show those cĂșnts” type attitude which worked to our advantage in the second leg.

The Braintree comparison isn’t entirely fair in the sense that our support for the most part this season has been absolutely top notch and the bulk of the concern and criticism that I’ve seen recently has been fair and balanced. That said, I don’t think it’s an exaggeration that most Town fans expect us to lose to Chesterfield on Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to that. Despite our recent spate of defeats, I don’t think the general expectation ahead of each game was for us to lose, so this will be a new experience for them.

Football’s a funny old game, even if I do still anticipate a comfortable Chesterfield victory as things stand.

It was either a ‘we’ll show these girl privates’ or a ‘we don’t have Monkhouse available to slow the game to walking pace and keep us shape’ resulting in us actually having to give it a go and Hurst no doubt having a meltdown.

I know which one I believe and I thank god every day for that injury
Posted by: Poojah, December 9, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 67
Quoted from pontoonlew

It was either a ‘we’ll show these girl privates’ or a ‘we don’t have Monkhouse available to slow the game to walking pace and keep us shape’ resulting in us actually having to give it a go and Hurst no doubt having a meltdown.

I know which one I believe and I thank god every day for that injury

Yeah, who knows, we might still be non-league had that not happened

*waves at John*
Posted by: ska face, December 9, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 68
Just had a quick look on their board, fĂșck me they’ve a high opinion of themselves. They’re currently debating how we might try and get the match called off, either leaving the sprinklers on or claiming Covid. They also reckon we hate them & will kick off at every opportunity, and talking about drinking outside of town to avoid a shoeing.

Jesus. Just come & get your 3 points in peace like every fĂșcker else for the last 20 years, Galatasary V Fenerbache it is not.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 9, 2021, 11:00am; Reply: 69
I’m expecting Chesterfield to have a Go Fund Me set up this evening to pay for the players to have a donkey ride & an ice cream each before the game
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 9, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 70
Proper oddballs the Chesterfield lot I see they are looking forward to excellent fish and chips at Papas lol😁
Then they are dreading having to run the gauntlet after the game when they’ve thrashed us despite us having no fans đŸ€”
My message to them come and enjoy the game with like minded Grimsby supporters . Come here and act like morons you’ll find very quickly your in the wrong place and Custer’s last stand will look like a teddy bears picnic.
Welcome to Hell
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 9, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 71
Quoted from ska face
Just had a quick look on their board, fĂșck me they’ve a high opinion of themselves. They’re currently debating how we might try and get the match called off, either leaving the sprinklers on or claiming Covid. They also reckon we hate them & will kick off at every opportunity, and talking about drinking outside of town to avoid a shoeing.

Jesus. Just come & get your 3 points in peace like every fĂșcker else for the last 20 years, Galatasary V Fenerbache it is not.

I do think there's an especially high arrogant buffoon element amongst Chesterfield's supporters (which is why I hope their season goes mammaries up and they're still stuck down here once they've drunk all their furlough / insurance money up the wall), but lmao if they think we want the match postponed. Clowns
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 9, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 72

I do think there's an especially high arrogant buffoon element amongst Chesterfield's supporters (which is why I hope their season goes mammaries up and they're still stuck down here once they've drunk all their furlough / insurance money up the wall), but lmao if they think we want the match postponed. Clowns

You wanna watch out Chris in the 90s one of their Uncles was prominent in the notorious CBeebies a 30 strong mob of hooligans who brought terror to the lower leagues. Of course they disbanded after Grimsby visited Saltergate in 1990 and the 4000 black and white yobs were vanquished with ease.Sadly the Uncle is now punch drunk and can’t remember much about his glory days but fear not  the legacy carries on with the Yoof who confidently rattled a fence at Blundell Park and terrified the home support . This was reflected in Grimsbys urine poor away followings to Chesterfields new ground where they barely scraped 2k away fans and back to back sellouts . The terrified visitors moved around like Ninjas to avoid Chesterfield hooligan hordes and barely stopped at watering holes such as the Derby Tup . Beware Beware Uncle is coming to getcha
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 9, 2021, 12:39pm; Reply: 73
I also saw comments that we are in complete meltdown.  Fans fighting each other last Sat.  The team sliding down the league.  McAtee out, and Hunt as well (?? They said).  

They could see 2 quick goals for them.  This would result in our fans becoming toxic, turning on the players and Hurst.  An easy 4-0 win for them.

If football was so predictable, it would be boring and no one would watch it.  We would all have won the Pools and retired (rich) to live in Barbados.

With such arrogance, I hope we get a 1-0 win or even a draw.  (When we won at Anfield 20 years ago we were in similar very poor form).  

For good measure they accused us causing trouble in their home end years ago.  As if they are angels. Some are coming just for the game and leaving Dodge City as quickly as possible. (They also expect to bring up to 1,800).
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 9, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 74
..............They also say that we are up ourselves for being outraged by the limited number of tickets for Halifax.  What is it to do with them?
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 9, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
(They also expect to bring up to 1,800).

How many tickets have they been allocated, I was under the impression it was 1,500 in total.

Initial 1,000 and then allocated another 500 on request.

Posted by: Gaffer58, December 9, 2021, 4:04pm; Reply: 76
On YouTube there’s a section on Chesterfields visit to Wrexham earlier this season, showing how the police planned beforehand and reacted on the day, in some ways quite interesting but also depressing.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, December 9, 2021, 6:08pm; Reply: 77
How many have they actually sold for Saturday?
Posted by: fishcake63, December 9, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 78
sold 1500 & apparantly there still shitting themselves , like someone else said come to game behave go home or come to game ko & get a kicking balls in your court chesterfield
Posted by: aldi_01, December 9, 2021, 6:28pm; Reply: 79
Their attitude is similar of that seen in many folk from irrelevant towns and cities. Let’s face it, chesterfield has an identity crisis and isn’t really wanted by anyone, nor do they have any real rivals etc

I’ve come across similar arrogance from folk from Rotherham for example

Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 80
Hope we smash the arrogant sharp objects
Posted by: moosey_club, December 9, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

For good measure they accused us causing trouble in their home end years ago.  As if they are angels. Some are coming just for the game and leaving Dodge City as quickly as possible. (They also expect to bring up to 1,800).

To be fair we did have a minibus/ coach full that travelled with that in mind and did go in the home end one year.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, December 10, 2021, 6:34am; Reply: 82
Think it's time for 442 with Clifton back in the middle, McGuire Drew and either Sousa or Bapaga as wingers and Bell and Taylor up top. Back to basics.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2021, 8:22am; Reply: 83
Time to play Scannell if he's as fit as he looks in the training videos.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 10, 2021, 8:29am; Reply: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Time to play Scannell if he's as fit as he looks in the training videos.

Think he'll be on the bench this weekend, certainly seemed to get that feeling after Hursts interview.
Let's be honest, he's only good for 30 minutes but he has the ability to turn games in that time, maybe he'll be our secret weapon!!..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 10, 2021, 8:50am; Reply: 85

Think he'll be on the bench this weekend, certainly seemed to get that feeling after Hursts interview.
Let's be honest, he's only good for 30 minutes but he has the ability to turn games in that time, maybe he'll be our secret weapon!!..

Amazing that he's getting fit as he approaches the final 6 months of his contract.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 10, 2021, 11:10am; Reply: 86
Quoted from Hagrid
Hope we smash the arrogant sharp objects

So do I but you can't deny them the bragging rites that being top of the league brings, we would if it ever happens to us again

Posted by: Poojah, December 10, 2021, 11:19am; Reply: 87
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I also saw comments that we are in complete meltdown.  Fans fighting each other last Sat.  The team sliding down the league.  McAtee out, and Hunt as well (?? They said).  

They could see 2 quick goals for them.  This would result in our fans becoming toxic, turning on the players and Hurst.  An easy 4-0 win for them.

If football was so predictable, it would be boring and no one would watch it.  We would all have won the Pools and retired (rich) to live in Barbados.

With such arrogance, I hope we get a 1-0 win or even a draw.  (When we won at Anfield 20 years ago we were in similar very poor form).  

Hunt is suspended, along with McAtee obviously. Coke a doubt too, so we risk being very light through the middle. The more I look at respective form, our injury and suspension problems (again) and the crest of the wave they’re riding, the more impossible it becomes to convince myself that we can take anything at all from this game.

And yet, to your point about the unpredictability of football, it’s that complete absence of logical confidence that causes me, somewhere at the very back of my unconscious mind, to think we just might go and win it. Put it this way, if the score line ends up being 4-0 in either direction, that would be a very Town-ish thing to happen.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 10, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Poojah

Hunt is suspended, along with McAtee obviously. Coke a doubt too, so we risk being very light through the middle. The more I look at respective form, our injury and suspension problems (again) and the crest of the wave they’re riding, the more impossible it becomes to convince myself that we can take anything at all from this game.

And yet, to your point about the unpredictability of football, it’s that complete absence of logical confidence that causes me, somewhere at the very back of my unconscious mind, to think we just might go and win it. Put it this way, if the score line ends up being 4-0 in either direction, that would be a very Town-ish thing to happen.

Would remind me of the Man City game in 1985. They were top of the league and we were languishing in the lower half of the table with about 1 win in the last 7 or 8 games.

I can still clearly reacall the chants of "What The intercourse Is Going On" from their fans, when Kev Drinkell smashed in our 4th.
Posted by: DB, December 10, 2021, 5:06pm; Reply: 89
While we know about our problems it was said at the Salford match that Chesterfield had 12 missing so they have their problems too, I think it will be a tight game and we'll edge it 2 - 1 because we do well at home and our home form is brilliant, no defeats. It doesn't matter how many fans they bring ours are better and will outdo theirs any time, so all in it's going to be a good day.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 10, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 90
Notts County home game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 10, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Les Brechin

Would remind me of the Man City game in 1985. They were top of the league and we were languishing in the lower half of the table with about 1 win in the last 7 or 8 games.

I can still clearly reacall the chants of "What The intercourse Is Going On" from their fans, when Kev Drinkell smashed in our 4th.

I think we were chanting that from the back of the Findus Stand.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, December 10, 2021, 6:08pm; Reply: 92
Kabongo Tshimanga Is 9/1 for a brace or more, worth a punt to make a bad day better if the worst happens
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 10, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 93
Kabongo Tshimanga Is 9/1 for a brace or more, worth a punt to make a bad day better if the worst happens

Bad, bad man, betting on the opposition, like your thinking though
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 11, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 94
Two coach loads of Chesterfield in Brigg, talked to a couple and no way we’re they stopping in Grimsby/Cleethorpes for a drink.
Posted by: Poojah, December 11, 2021, 12:03pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Gaffer58
Two coach loads of Chesterfield in Brigg, talked to a couple and no way we’re they stopping in Grimsby/Cleethorpes for a drink.

If I hear another Chesterfield fan infer our town is a hotbed of violence, I’ll chin the cĂčnt.
Posted by: Jacklester14, December 11, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 96
I've heard they are taking the welcome to grimsby sign down as it breaks the trades description act  :P
Posted by: golfer, December 11, 2021, 12:22pm; Reply: 97
Feel a win in my water
Posted by: aldi_01, December 11, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from Gaffer58

Weird fornicators
they might wanna have a word with the Weekend Offender wearing wannabes that got off in town, not cleethorpes

Posted by: forza ivano, December 11, 2021, 12:28pm; Reply: 99

10-1 at  bet 365 - fill ya boots! 8) ;D
Posted by: Poojah, December 11, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from golfer
Feel a win in my water

In my experience the symptoms of a urinary tract infection are very similar. On the balance of probability, it’s most likely that.
Posted by: barralad, December 11, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from aldi_01

Weird fornicators
they might wanna have a word with the Weekend Offender wearing wannabes that got off in town, not cleethorpes

Yep...hilarious that was. Especially when the early morning customers of the P and M and Wethers decided to see what was going on..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 11, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from barralad

Yep...hilarious that was. Especially when the early morning customers of the P and M and Wethers decided to see what was going on..

Were you one of them Barra? 😆
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 11, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Gaffer58

Fannies!
Posted by: golfer, December 11, 2021, 1:39pm; Reply: 104
Just got 50/1 Mcatee scoring today  Everybody thinks the bookies slipped up - anybody want to go halves ?
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:44pm