Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: rancido, December 1, 2021, 12:59pm
Very interesting interview by JS in the GET outlining towns recruitment policy. What I particularly liked was the statement " We've said to Paul Hurst from day one, what we won't do is say here is a pot of money, spend it. What we want to do is improve the squad at every opportunity, every transfer window, so bring us real opportunities rather than spend 'X amount' of money. We don't have millions of pounds to spend, it has to be sustainable but, at the same time, we want to keep improving the squad ".
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 1, 2021, 3:00pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from rancido
Very interesting interview by JS in the GET outlining towns recruitment policy. What I particularly liked was the statement " We've said to Paul Hurst from day one, what we won't do is say here is a pot of money, spend it. What we want to do is improve the squad at every opportunity, every transfer window, so bring us real opportunities rather than spend 'X amount' of money. We don't have millions of pounds to spend, it has to be sustainable but, at the same time, we want to keep improving the squad ".

Probably the same comment by a chairman made to managers in just about every level of football.

Nothing surprising.
Posted by: DaleH, December 1, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 2
I particularly like the bit that reads "We want a manager who is managing. He signs the players and picks the team".
Posted by: Ipswin, December 1, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from DaleH
I particularly like the bit that reads "We want a manager who is managing. He signs the players and picks the team".

As the new owners are by their own admission 'not football people' that's probably just as well

Posted by: aldi_01, December 1, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

Probably the same comment by a chairman made to managers in just about every level of football.

Nothing surprising.

If you believe this then it’s a very rose tinted view of football you have…
Posted by: aldi_01, December 1, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

As the new owners are by their own admission 'not football people' that's probably just as well

Shame the previous idiot couldn’t realise this…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 1, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

Shame the previous idiot couldn’t realise this…

Which particular idiot was that, there where quite a few to pick from on and off the pitch
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 2, 2021, 1:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from aldi_01

If you believe this then it’s a very rose tinted view of football you have…

So what do you believe most chairmen say to their managers?

"Here you go mate, spend what you like and buy anybody you want, no restrictions on spending"
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 2, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Which particular idiot was that, there where quite a few to pick from on and off the pitch

I took it that it referred to the ex Principal Funder
Posted by: aldi_01, December 2, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

"Here you go mate, spend what you like and buy anybody you want, no restrictions on spending"

Well there are some that say that, equally there are plenty that do very much the opposite and take complete control…
Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 2, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thats what the chairman of Newcastle said to Eddie Howe
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 2, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Thats what the chairman of Newcastle said to Eddie Howe

They should have the money, sadly the vast majority of clubs don't.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:00pm