Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 30, 2021, 4:36pm
Another icon of yesteryear has sadly passed away. Seen loads of clips of that brilliant Liverpool side. Can’t believe he only won 17 England caps

RIP
Posted by: fishyfanny, November 30, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 1
Sad news. He played in the side that beat Town 5-0 back in 1980, such a classy player. RIP
Posted by: Total Hawsehole, November 30, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 2
Stuck on the Kop while they sang "Stingray, Stingray Kennedy" and other fish puns such as "Kenny Dogfish". Had to live in Liverpool at the time too. Our support that day was phenomenal!
Posted by: DB, November 30, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 3
A great player has passed on. RIP.
Posted by: Sandford1981, November 30, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Another icon of yesteryear has sadly passed away. Seen loads of clips of that brilliant Liverpool side. Can’t believe he only won 17 England caps

RIP

Yeah it’s staggering really but, they didn’t hand them out like sweets then as they seem to do nowadays.
Sad news indeed
RIP
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 30, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 5
A great player.  

Jimmy Plaice as well (for Jimmy Case).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 30, 2021, 6:46pm; Reply: 6
Aye.

And Kenny Dogfish
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 30, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Total Hawsehole
Stuck on the Kop while they sang "Stingray, Stingray Kennedy" and other fish puns such as "Kenny Dogfish". Had to live in Liverpool at the time too. Our support that day was phenomenal!

Quite a few Town fans were locked out that day and went to see Everton v Aldershot.

Can you imagine Liverpool and Everton both playing at home at the same time on the same day now?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 30, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin

Quite a few Town fans were locked out that day and went to see Everton v Aldershot.

Can you imagine Liverpool and Everton both playing at home at the same time on the same day now?

I think it’s the equivalent to a west York’s police bukkake fest
Posted by: ginnywings, November 30, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 9
Fantastic player and one of my favourites from that era. Poignant for me as my brother passed away earlier this year after suffering for many years with Parkinsons.

Posted by: ginnywings, November 30, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Aye.

And Kenny Dogfish

Phil Eel and my personal favourite Terry McTurbot.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 30, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 11
From memory, the attendance against us was 49,000 something.  As you said Les, some Town fans went to watch Everton v Aldershot.  They had about 25,000.

We took 12,000 fans in the Anfield Road End.  Some Town fans went in the Kop as there was no room elsewhere. Even families.  They were literally booted out.

No shame to lose 5-0 to one a very strong first team.  One of the best ever in Europe.

Our large away following was helped by being top of the First Division (as it is now).  We had confidence of giving a good account of ourselves.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 30, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 12
An excellent player in an excellent team!

R.I.P

It’s telling that a couple of years ago when they where on the way to winning the champions league a radio 5 live reporter asked a Liverpool fan “what do you think Liverpool’s best midfield is”?

His response? “Kennedy, Case, Souness, McDermott”.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 30, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
From memory, the attendance against us was 49,000 something.  As you said Les, some Town fans went to watch Everton v Aldershot.  They had about 25,000.

We took 12,000 fans in the Anfield Road End.  Some Town fans went in the Kop as there was no room elsewhere. Even families.  They were literally booted out.

No shame to lose 5-0 to one a very strong first team.  One of the best ever in Europe.

Our large away following was helped by being top of the First Division (as it is now).  We had confidence of giving a good account of ourselves.

League One
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 30, 2021, 10:50pm; Reply: 14

Seem to remember a story that when he was diagnosed with Parkinsons the experts went over old footage of his playing days to research the onset of the condition.

RIP
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 30, 2021, 10:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think it’s the equivalent to a west York’s police bukkake fest

What time would we have to kick off if we drew Liverpool away in the FA Cup these days - 6 am? Even so, our allocation would be about 1,100, lest our swathes of Danish invader-like fans got the trains over from Cleethorpes on the previous evening and stayed out all night on the pss in Liverpool...

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:24am