Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yossarian, November 28, 2021, 2:09pm
Not seen one of these, so I thought I'd put a thread up about non Town games you've just recently been to see live.....

I recall someone here the other day put up a nice story about going to see Accrington (I think)....which I enjoyed reading.

I went to see Dulwich Hamlets play Welling in the London Senior Cup last Tuesday.  Excellent night out. Took the train from Blackheath to Peckham Rye for cocktails... then walked up to East Dulwich via some excellent pubs.

Dulwich Hamlets have a great setup - 3 bars next to the pitch, some food stalls selling decent food - plus an inside bar with seats along the windows so you can watch the game and stay toasty warm.  Dulwich won 3-1 - some decent foottball as well.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 1
You can take the boy out of Grimsby, but you can never take the Grimsby S out of the boy. Even if he does drink posh cocktails πŸ˜‰

β€œI went to see Dulwich Hamlets”

PS it’s years since I saw another game in the flesh. Used to go to see Hampton and latterly AFCW. With so many Town games down south lately and a couple of trips to Cleethorpes, there’s not been the time this season.
Posted by: Davec, November 28, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 2
When we should have been playing Bromley first game of the season i went to Hampton and Richmond against Havant and Waterlooville, and unfortunately on 18th Sept i went to City V Southamption, of course i would have mucb rather have been watching us beat Eastleigh!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 3
Bolton v Middlesbrough in 2014 only because I’d been booked into the Whites Hotel for the week through work. Average hotel, sh1t game.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Davec
When we should have been playing Bromley first game of the season i went to Hampton and Richmond against Havant and Waterlooville, and unfortunately on 18th Sept i went to City V Southamption, of course i would have mucb rather have been watching us beat Eastleigh!

Are you living over Hampton way or down by the Solent?
Posted by: Yossarian, November 28, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
You can take the boy out of Grimsby, but you can never take the Grimsby S out of the boy. Even if he does drink posh cocktails πŸ˜‰

β€œI went to see Dulwich Hamlets”

Damn it ..... you are so right.  I never  noticed that.   Dulwich Hamlet (singular)!!!

I had to read your post about 3 times to understand......

Anyway - yes - i agree it was all very hipster.  

Note to forum:  I am NOT a hipster.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Yossarian

Damn it ..... you are so right.  I never  noticed that.   Dulwich Hamlet (singular)!!!

I had to read your post about 3 times to understand......

Anyway - yes - i agree it was all very hipster.  

Note to forum:  I am NOT a hipster.

By the way, that beard volumiser that you recommended has arrived from Seattle. πŸ˜‰
Posted by: Davec, November 28, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Are you living over Hampton way or down by the Solent?

Cambridge atm as working there, I already had a london travelcard ticket booked so thought i would take in a game rather it go to waste.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Davec

Cambridge atm as working there, I already had a london travelcard ticket booked so thought i would take in a game rather it go to waste.

Ah, makes sense. Nice little ground at Hampton.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 28, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 9
Got some mates who are Exeter fans.

Seen them 3 times when Town haven't had a game at Scunny, Chesterfield and Walsall, and they've lost all 3.

I've been banned from going to anymore of their games.  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 28, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 10
Went to watch Goole yesterday

They lost 4-1 at home to Thackley

I'd read in the local paper they were on a bit of a run so when I saw Town's game was off I thought I'd take advantage of a free afternoon

It was all over by half time really as Goole fell 3-0 behind

They did get one back quickly in the second half  but that was it until a late goalkeeping error gifted the opposition their fourth

The weather was atrocious so well done to both teams on keeping going through that howling wind and a blizzard for a lot of the game

Not sure when Grimsby Borough play here but if it doesn't coincide with a Town game might give it another go
Posted by: lukeo, November 28, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 11
When I lived in Grimsby I sometimes went over to Accrington to watch them when town didn't have a game. More recently it was Exeter before i had my son. I tend to only ever go watch town live now except for local kids, women's football in my local area. Although I passed my ref course today so who knows where I'll end up in a couple of years time on the pitch πŸ‘€
Posted by: DB, November 28, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
When I lived in Grimsby I sometimes went over to Accrington to watch them when town didn't have a game. More recently it was Exeter before i had my son. I tend to only ever go watch town live now except for local kids, women's football in my local area. Although I passed my ref course today so who knows where I'll end up in a couple of years time on the pitch πŸ‘€

Congratulations (clap)(clap)(clap)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 28, 2021, 9:59pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo

Keep quiet and you could be what Carl Boyeson is to all our opponents!
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 29, 2021, 7:24am; Reply: 14
Quoted from lukeo

You've read up on the offside rule now then Luke.  :)
Posted by: lukeo, November 30, 2021, 7:18am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin

You've read up on the offside rule now then Luke.  :)

Funnily enough a question came up about our situation and I giggled to myself and thought of you. I got the question correct this time πŸ˜‰
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 30, 2021, 8:08am; Reply: 16
Looking forward to getting down to the brandywell next season as Derry city have just made it into the europa conference.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), November 30, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Looking forward to getting down to the brandywell next season as Derry city have just made it into the europa conference.

Ahh Brandywell, I have many memories of that area of Londonderry, some not good.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 30, 2021, 10:06am; Reply: 18
Quoted from 123614

Ahh Brandywell, I have many memories of that area of Londonderry, some not good.

You say that anywhere near creggan is londonderry and you are done for πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚
Posted by: RobDef1, November 30, 2021, 10:45am; Reply: 19
Scunny Forest green last month for the mrs birthday. Wasn't the best game, probably the worst attended league match I've been to. Was nice to see J.Matt bag one against the scunts though. On the motorway after the game there was a young lad (6y/o?) with his hand and FGR flag out the window of his grandparents range rover from Glanford park to Donny services lol made me smile that did.
Posted by: Poojah, November 30, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 20
Quoted from RobDef1
Scunny Forest green last month for the mrs birthday.

Isn’t that domestic abuse?
Posted by: RobDef1, November 30, 2021, 10:50am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Isn’t that domestic abuse?

Ha. Apparently not. She's FGR (bloody veganism) and she's never been to watch them, plus we live in Scunny. Made sense at the time. Ideal opportunity to turn 'Lets laugh at scunny' into 'happy birthday babe'.
Posted by: IrishMariner, November 30, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

You say that anywhere near creggan is londonderry and you are done for πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

And rightly so!! ;)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:49pm