Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yossarian, November 28, 2021, 1:25pm
Looking forward to this.  Properly miserable away day in a grim part of London .... freezing cold....  not a great looking stadium.

Thoughts on pubs etc?   It is not a part of London I gave never been to (it is best avoided!!).  From what I've read on other fan forums looks like beers around Barking tube station is a better idea, then jump on the District Line.

Posted by: Hagrid, November 28, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 1
It is Grim.
I remember going there bout 10 years ago, we got beat- as we always seem too there
Posted by: Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, November 28, 2021, 1:30pm; Reply: 2
I seem to remember losing there 4-0 in the snow freezing my nads off about 15(ish) years ago. God it was crap.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 28, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Yossarian
Looking forward to this.  Properly miserable away day in a grim part of London .... freezing cold....  not a great looking stadium.

Thoughts on pubs etc?   It is not a part of London I gave never been to (it is best avoided!!).  From what I've read on other fan forums looks like beers around Barking tube station is a better idea, then jump on the District Line.

I hope it isn't as miserable as Tuesday the 28th October 2008 when it drunk it down and we got stuffed 4 nil.
Posted by: Davec, November 28, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Yossarian

I having drinks around Barking station before and after the game, certainly looks a better bet than anything around the ground.

Posted by: Eastendmariner, November 28, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 5
Never beaten them in 5 so hoping for a win,ony 20 mins for me so mid day start meeting  for pint at Hamilton at Liverpool  Street. Theres not really alot around the ground   >:(
Posted by: Mariner16, November 28, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 6
Train travel to this game is massively disrupted.

LNER works between Doncaster and Grantham so trains diverted and take longer between Doncaster and Peterborough and for those in the Midlands, East Midlands Railway have strike action ongoing so 1 train an hour from Nottingham and Sheffield so will be very busy.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 7
I wonder if the trains’ll be running properly next Saturday or if they’ll be disrupted. Anyone know?
Posted by: Poojah, November 28, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I wonder if the trains’ll be running properly next Saturday or if they’ll be disrupted. Anyone know?

I’ve not seen or heard anything to suggest otherwise - will probably be ok I’d imagine.
Posted by: Mariner16, November 28, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 9
Apologies  ??) How has that posted 4 times.

Post whoring myself out here.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner16
Apologies  ??) How has that posted 4 times.

Post whoring myself out here.

Post whoring? Well I’m broad minded but I wouldn’t admit to paying for it.
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 28, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 11
Train looks a nightmare.

Four of us going from Clee, booked tickets through ticket splitter and it’s quite a strange route.

Clee - Lincoln - Peterborough - Kings X

However, emailed today saying Lincoln - Peterborough is now cancelled so will have to play that one by ear.

We seem to be in the capital every other weekend at the minute.
Posted by: golfer, November 29, 2021, 7:55am; Reply: 12

I asked my granny who has these little dolls - She lives in Tulsa and she told me that the dolls had told her that if you catch the 6-5 Special you will be ok as long as you live no more than 24 hours away. She also told me that Town would win 9-0
Posted by: aldi_01, November 29, 2021, 7:59am; Reply: 13
When I looked at the train it seemed every train was a rail replacement service…a right member about. Driving it is…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 29, 2021, 11:32am; Reply: 14
Quoted from golfer

I asked my granny who has these little dolls - She lives in Tulsa and she told me that the dolls had told her that if you catch the 6-5 Special you will be ok as long as you live no more than 24 hours away. She also told me that Town would win 9-0

Any info on the Chattanooga service?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 29, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 15
Major engineering works on the ECML this weekend. I suggest going by train only if you like rail replacement coaches.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 29, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 16

Pardon me sir....
Posted by: golfer, November 29, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 17

Signed for Chesterfield - 3 year contract
Posted by: Mariner16, November 30, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 18
No sales on the day - which isn't a surprise and this is getting stupid now.

Change of circumstance? Can go? Want to go? Well intercourse you away fan.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 30, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mariner16
No sales on the day - which isn't a surprise and this is getting stupid now.

Change of circumstance? Can go? Want to go? Well intercourse you away fan.

You can still buy them directly from Dag & Red's website, although they haven't said when they're taking them off sale which isn't very helpful.

I haven't made my mind up whether i'm going yet, and won't until later in the week, so hopefully it'll still be possible to get one then. They're using the same ticketing platform as Woking did, which just sent you a pdf ticket with a QR code that you could show on your phone to get in there, so hopefully it'll be the same situation for this match and sales will continue through to Saturday.

Still, yet another massive unnecessary ticketing fuckabout for travelling gtfc supporters who can't confirm their attendence days in advance to contend with.
Posted by: Yossarian, November 30, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 20
The tickets are just e-tickets - so even if you order from Dagenham site you'll get the tickets right away
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 30, 2021, 5:38pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Chrisblor

You can still buy them directly from Dag & Red's website, although they haven't said when they're taking them off sale which isn't very helpful.

Yes they have.

Quoted Text
From Dag & Red's OS:

Please note that tickets will be unavailable to purchase in the SD Samuels Stand for home supporters, due to Grimsby Town taking their full allocation of seats...

Tickets can be bought online HERE – please note that admission to the SD Samuels and Family Stands will only be available for purchase up until 12pm on match day,
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 30, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yes they have.

Thank you, I was not aware of this as [url=https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/dagenham--redbridge-ticket-information/]the article posted on the Town OS[/url] doesn't mention it and links directly to Dag & Red's ticketing system, which doesn't either.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:50pm