Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, November 28, 2021, 9:32am
Although not ideal having the game postponed and the extra fixture congestion this may cause around Christmas could this free week have actually helped the squad. We are now able to get an extra weeks training into McAtee ready for a start on Saturday and extra time on the training pitch in 11 v 11's for Scannell, Grant and John Lewis. Also Wright should be back involved.
Thoughts?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 1
Pretty much what you said. Don’t think we’ll be worse off than anyone else congestion wise.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 28, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Stew0_0
Although not ideal having the game postponed and the extra fixture congestion this may cause around Christmas could this free week have actually helped the squad. We are now able to get an extra weeks training into McAtee ready for a start on Saturday and extra time on the training pitch in 11 v 11's for Scannell, Grant and John Lewis. Also Wright should be back involved.
Thoughts?

It is just as likely somebody else will pick up a knock in training.

There is never a right or wrong way to look at these things - similarly when we hope our next opponent has 2 men sent off and play extra time they look as fresh as daisies by the weekend.

Nothing seems to be going our way at the moment- yesterday's results went against us again and we really do need to up our game in all areas if we are going to be in the shake up at the end of the season.

A good transfer window would give us a better chance and it will be instructive to see if we make any signings when the window opens to show our intent.
Posted by: Poojah, November 28, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 3
I had a similar thought yesterday. Further to the potential benefits injury and fitness-wise, next week’s game at Dagenham currently looks a little less scary than it did a couple of weeks ago. They’re one of the few sides below us in the form guide, and only above King’s Lynn and Dover.

Can’t take anything as given, we’ve lost to far poorer sides than the Daggers in recent weeks, but we should at least now go into that game free of excuses.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 28, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 4
And I heard a whisper yesterday about a signing on Monday not sure of its credibility but one can hope utm
Posted by: sydney, November 28, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 5
Agree
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2021, 1:18pm; Reply: 6
Yup, also everyone else in the top 10 other than County & the Daggers who have both played 18 are now level on 17 games which gives a clearer view in my mind.

We're 4 points of the top with 29 games to go, and still to play the 3 teams above us twice. Personally it's still the play off's I'd reckon.    
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 28, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from crusty ole pie
And I heard a whisper yesterday about a signing on Monday not sure of its credibility but one can hope utm

Credibility, I would describes as “Iffy”

However, would be a good signing if so.

Unusual that nothing has been said on social media
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 28, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 8

I've heard it's a new grounds maintenance company...John Sheldon Fences Ltd....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I've heard it's a new grounds maintenance company...John Sheldon Fences Ltd....

Gold star!
Posted by: ska face, November 28, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 10

Give us a clue then, keep us warm on this frigid Sunday eve.
Posted by: oochiad, November 28, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 11
Please spill the beans on this cold freezing Sunday…….
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 12
Has COP taken over from Felipe Noches then with insider knowledge since Fleming left?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 28, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Has COP taken over from Felipe Noches then with insider knowledge since Fleming left?

No never just shown a picture and told he is signing on Monday had too many beers and a few shots so can’t remember his name so rest assured Filipe whatever is still the man with all the knowledge
Posted by: thefish, November 28, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 14

No never just shown a picture and told he is signing on Monday had too many beers and a few shots so can’t remember his name so rest assured Filipe whatever is still the man with all the knowledge

This rumour is sounding like it comes from my sort of source!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 28, 2021, 5:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from thefish

This rumour is sounding like it comes from my sort of source!

Or your sort of sauce  ;)
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 28, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ska face

Give us a clue then, keep us warm on this frigid Sunday eve.

Jordan Maguire-Drew
Posted by: Poojah, November 28, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from bradzmilne

Jordan Maguire-Drew

What did he draw?

I do a mean cóck and balls by the way.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 28, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from bradzmilne

Jordan Maguire-Drew

Hmm that sounds like a very Un Hurst signing. Never seems to be able to settle anywhere
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 28, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from bradzmilne

Jordan Maguire-Drew

What a lovely name. Should fit in well with our middle-class values and aspirations which seems by far to be the most important criteria.  ;D

If it is him, I wonder if he is any good?

Posted by: Hagrid, November 28, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 20
Recently released by Woking, winger, suggests ( if true) we wont be seeing Grant or Scannell any time soon
Posted by: Abdul19, November 28, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 21
Scored against us last season, in a game that also featured goals by George Williams AND Montel Gibson.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 28, 2021, 6:30pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Hagrid

Hmm that sounds like a very Un Hurst signing. Never seems to be able to settle anywhere

There does seem to be bit of a shortage of hurst type of player hence still no no.9 so perhaps he’s having to widen his horizons
Posted by: Davec, November 28, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 23
Jordan Maguire Drew is capable of brilliance, but also he is capable of going missing in games, he is your typical lower league winger, he was excellent for Dagenham and Redbridge 16-17 season and he was also very good for Orient in 19-20 season.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 28, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 24
Seems he's a free agent, so maybe he is being given a chance to impress and earn a contract?
Posted by: denni266, November 28, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 25
Does nothing for me..
Posted by: ginnywings, November 28, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from denni266
Does nothing for me..

Does anything Town related?  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 27

What a lovely name. Should fit in well with our middle-class values and aspirations which seems by far to be the most important criteria.  ;D

If it is him, I wonder if he is any good?

‘Jordan’ as a first name! Middle class?! You must be a right chav if you think that 😂
Posted by: Hagrid, November 28, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 28
This is a confirmed deal. Friend of mine just confirmed
Was out in cleethorpes last night with Harry Max and Ben Fox
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 28, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 29

‘Jordan’ as a first name! Middle class?! You must be a right chav if you think that 😂

You know me too well! I didn't think that through properly.

A cheap shot born out of frustration that our signings aren't making what few hairs I have left stand up.

Let's hope he turns out to be just the ticket if he does sign.
Posted by: ska face, November 28, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from denni266
Does nothing for me..

Ooooohhh Viennnaaaaa!!!
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, November 28, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 31
Surely not - just had a look on Wikki  - he's been around the lower leagues a long time & done relatively f.a.
Woking have released him so I shall say no more.
Posted by: mariner91, November 28, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 32
If that's true then it's not a particularly exciting signing. Lincoln supporting friends of mine were very underwhelmed when he played for them.
Posted by: DB, November 28, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Hagrid

Better tell Elliott so he can claim a scoop in the GT/GL. ;) ;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Hagrid

Well as long as he wasn’t out with Ryan Sears
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 28, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 35

You know me too well! I didn't think that through properly.

A cheap shot born out of frustration that our signings aren't making what few hairs I have left stand up.

Let's hope he turns out to be just the ticket if he does sign.

It does look underwhelming. Not sure what gap he fills.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 28, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 36

It does look underwhelming. Not sure what gap he fills.

The gap in the budget left by Morais?
Posted by: Maringer, November 28, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 37
The gap caused by the absence of Grant, Scannell and Wright which means we have 2 fit wingers at the club, both of whom are blowing very hot and cold at the moment?

Heck, Harry Clifton has been out wide most of the season and he's done a decent job considering, but he's not a wide man.
Posted by: denni266, November 28, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

Does anything Town related?  :)

Well the pies are ok. and the sprinklers are fab. Oh and the new boozer in the corner seem and got he fans excited .. So what about the football .. well we have a space so filled it with someone ..
Posted by: Poojah, November 28, 2021, 11:47pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from denni266

Well the pies are ok. and the sprinklers are fab. Oh and the new boozer in the corner seem and got he fans excited .. So what about the football .. well we have a space so filled it with someone ..

Reads a lot like the incoherent ramblings of a Fenty sycophant.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 29, 2021, 12:52am; Reply: 40
Perhaps Hurst can get a tune out of him where others can't. I don't think PH would be signing a waster.

He's had some good seasons along with the bad ones, so maybe he just needs the right environment.

If he is signing, then he starts with no preconceptions from me. Lincoln fans said Nolan was sh1te, so...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 29, 2021, 4:35am; Reply: 41
Ether it’s a crock of shite or not, just wondered in what I’ve heard that Brandon comley could be coming to train with us??
Posted by: denni266, November 29, 2021, 6:24am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Poojah

Reads a lot like the incoherent ramblings of a Fenty sycophant.

Couldnt be more wrong if you tried .  Never going to get out of this pub league by signing  maby`s or cdajatl. We need players first before a pub etc. after all isnt football all about the team.
Posted by: pen penfras, November 29, 2021, 7:05am; Reply: 43
Quoted from denni266

Couldnt be more wrong if you tried .  Never going to get out of this pub league by signing  maby`s or cdajatl. We need players first before a pub etc. after all isnt football all about the team.

I don't think anybody was excited when we signed a Scunthorpe youngster that couldn't get in their team. Turned out he was alright. Same for a Lincoln reject in midfield when we got promoted.

My affinity for Hurst is waning, but he certainly has a knack of getting the best out of players that others have cast off.
Posted by: acko338, November 29, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 44
Just give the guy an even chance !

Not been on the pitch yet, but already being judged !!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 30, 2021, 9:18am; Reply: 45
People are talking about the amount of clubs Maguire-Drew has had. We will be the 10th club he has been at by the age of 24 but 6 of them were loans. He managed 58 games in 2 years at Orient followed by another 17 games on loan at Crawley for the second half of last season.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:23am