Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 27, 2021, 12:51pm
Just announced ….

Structural damage :(
Posted by: moosey_club, November 27, 2021, 1:01pm; Reply: 1
Getting rid of Fenty and his tool box was the *worst decision the club ever made. He would have been up there like a rat up a drainpipe nailing it back together.

*Joking .....obviously.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, November 27, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
I suppose it gives mcatee another week
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 27, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 3

:-/

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/boreham-wood-fixture-postponed/
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 27, 2021, 1:14pm; Reply: 4
Probably done us a favour, hopefully can be like when we missed a game at the start of the season and it worked well for us
Posted by: Kris2, November 27, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 5
To the surprise of nobody really considering the winds started pretty bad this morning and have only picked up by afternoon. I imagine they will be more upset than us because playing us right now would be better for them but even if it went ahead it would have been an unplayable crapshoot.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 27, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 6
Harry and me just got to the ground too, I can’t make many games (due to work commitments) I was so looking forward to the game too, safety comes first i suppose, Harry’s just been told he’s now going for a brisk walk down the seafront with his dad 😎
Posted by: Sigone, November 27, 2021, 1:28pm; Reply: 7
https://twitter.com/JohnTondeur/status/1464582611486097412?t=ynsUBgnQtTU3aSwMNmeS_A&s=19
Posted by: HerveJosse, November 27, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 8
I suppose it gives mcatee another week

Just been to check if Grant and Scanell are running up and down the seafront but no sign.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 27, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 9
Sensible move. Already been 2 people killed today in other parts of the country.

I'm sat here counting the fence panels being destroyed. Three so far. About 60 quids worth or more.

Glad the stuff for the fan zone stage roof didn't turn up until yesterday. If I'd fitted it last week, it'd be floating in the Humber.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 27, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 10
All that wasted food. Hope it doesn't get thrown away. Could be the feeding of the 5000.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 27, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 11
Sensible decision really. I doubt that the game would have been much of a spectacle had it gone ahead today anyway.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 27, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Harry and me just got to the ground too, I can’t make many games (due to work commitments) I was so looking forward to the game too, safety comes first i suppose, Harry’s just been told he’s now going for a brisk walk down the seafront with his dad 😎

Shame mate. Hope you’re keeping well.
RN all dayer 1100 onwards on18th Dec .  (Always last Sat before Chrimbo ) Would be good to meet up. There’s always a few of us make any Town home games I that day.
UTM
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, November 27, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 13
Can't say I'm disappointed tbh.

Firstly you can't take chances with people's safety.

Conditions would have made for an awful game and the result would have been a lottery. And not unhappy I don't have to sit there in this today.

And with Town out of form maybe just as well were not playing a team like Borehan Wood today.

And gives us a chance to get those with knocks closer to being picked
Posted by: exiledmeggie, November 27, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 14
In seasons past, honest John would have been up there giving it hammer and nails!
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 27, 2021, 2:28pm; Reply: 15

Debbie Cook on Humberside saying under the rules the game has to be played within 42 days of the game being postponed.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 27, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from promotion plaice

Debbie Cook on Humberside saying under the rules the game has to be played within 42 days of the game being postponed.

Resident misogynist movement mouthpiece - Phil Noche - won’t be happy with Debbie ‘seeking the limelight’ on Radio Humberside to rationally explain events.

Meanwhile, in a snowy Yorkshire spa town, poor Ilkley Mariner was duped by the BBC to switch on to what he thought was a food programme presented from the banks of the estuary.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 27, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 17
A cold January Tuesday night then one would think
Posted by: GrimRob, November 27, 2021, 2:59pm; Reply: 18
At least we have a game in hand that so we can potentially mentally add three points to our tally.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 27, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid
A cold January Tuesday night then one would think

Saturday 8th January is 42 days from now. My guess is Tuesday 14th December.
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 27, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 20
No surprise it’s off, although thought it would have been the main stand where the problems would have been. Remember sitting in the main some years ago and we were watching the gap between the main stand roof and the stanchions slowly getting bigger.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 27, 2021, 3:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Good shout

fA Trophy on the 18th
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 27, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from promotion plaice

Daft questions from John Tonduer asking if it was only for reasons of safety.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 27, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A Tuesday night is better for us.  Especially if they get a bit clogged due to the cup.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 27, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A Tuesday night is better for us.  Especially if they get a bit clogged due to the cup.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 27, 2021, 3:20pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Hagrid

Good shout

fA Trophy on the 18th

Christmas is busy enough so it's either Tuesday 7th December or Tuesday 14th December.

Boreham Wood don't have a game next Saturday so they may favour Tuesday 7th December otherwise they are going almost 3 weeks without a game.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 27, 2021, 3:21pm; Reply: 26
At least there's some good news.  At least the UK has a new energy supplier; Omicron.
Posted by: mimma, November 27, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 27
Been out and about this morning so didn't know it was off. Some side panels missing from the findus, pontoon end. Had to make do with watching the footy in the Blundell park hotel in front of a log fire.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 27, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Christmas is busy enough so it's either Tuesday 7th December or Tuesday 14th December.

Boreham Wood don't have a game next Saturday so they may favour Tuesday 7th December otherwise they are going almost 3 weeks without a game.

They do mate. They’re in FA Cup action
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 27, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Civvy at last

Shame mate. Hope you’re keeping well.
RN all dayer 1100 onwards on18th Dec .  (Always last Sat before Chrimbo ) Would be good to meet up. There’s always a few of us make any Town home games I that day.
UTM

Yes not too bad Si, I’ve just checked my roster  and I’m rest day this reunion  :) where do you all meet up and what time do you get there ? Drop us a PM mate. 👍
Posted by: RobDef1, November 27, 2021, 5:16pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimRob
At least we have a game in hand that so we can potentially mentally add three points to our tally.

We don't have a game in hand mate. 4th place and all games squared up.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from GrimRob

Only a game in hand compared to Notts.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 27, 2021, 9:00pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings
Sensible move. I'm sat here counting the fence panels being destroyed. Three so far. About 60 quids worth or more.

Ditto. Might be able to salvage one panel but need one new post and 2 new 5ft panels, which is a bit of a shitter because we are planning on a whole new fence early next year
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:53am