Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 24, 2021, 11:50am

Got mine this morning from the ticket office.

Wanted two seats together so got in early, can see it being a sell-out.
Posted by: Vance Warner, November 24, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Got mine this morning from the ticket office.

Wanted two seats together so got in early, can see it being a sell-out.

Hopefully we can sell out but one thing at a time. Saturday is a huge game
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 24, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Vance Warner

Hopefully we can sell out but one thing at a time. Saturday is a huge game

Indeed.  Every game is a big game but Saturday is absolutely huge.

Lose that and there will be a meltdown which is staggering given our fantastic start and scintillating football.

I don't know what has gone on but surely it cannot be so fundamental to derail our entire season.  Let's get back in the groove and show what we can do.

I wouldn't make too many changes but would rest Macca and obviously start McAtee. Get Scannell Grant and Wright on the bench and get them earning their wages.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 24, 2021, 9:51pm; Reply: 3

Lose that and there will be a meltdown which is staggering given our fantastic start and scintillating football.

I don't know what has gone on but surely it cannot be so fundamental to derail our entire season.  Let's get back in the groove and show what we can do.

I wouldn't make too many changes but would rest Macca and obviously start McAtee. Get Scannell Grant and Wright on the bench and get them earning their wages.

There’s very little chance of Wright featuring.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 24, 2021, 11:43pm; Reply: 4

Not sure what anyone is expecting from Scannell but he only started 5 games for us last season.

Posted by: golfer, November 25, 2021, 7:49am; Reply: 5
What exactly is wrong with Grant and Scannell - have they had amputations ?
Posted by: Hagrid, November 25, 2021, 8:16am; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure what anyone is expecting from Scannell but he only started 5 games for us last season.

More than Max though wasnt it?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 25, 2021, 8:48am; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

I am expecting him to be on the bench and give us the benefit of his experience. Not exactly asking for the moon, is it seeing as we have paid him good money for sod all?

Posted by: immariner, November 25, 2021, 9:35am; Reply: 8
Still really good availability for Saturday's game in the Upper which we haven't seen since the first two home games. Looking like 5000ish home fans at present after 7 wins out of 8 at home. Getting closer to crimbo I guess and many prioritising the Chesterfield game if they can only get to one.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 25, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 9

I am expecting him to be on the bench and give us the benefit of his experience. Not exactly asking for the moon, is it seeing as we have paid him good money for sod all?

From what Hurst has said during his respective interviews it appears the problem now is that these two players can’t get any game time as there are no reserve fixtures so have no way of getting match fitness. Obviously this applies to all those not getting selected on a regular basis which must be very frustrating as it’s hard to show your worth a place in the team if your not playing!!

Back to Scannell and Grant a little surprised they’ve not been on the bench and had a few cameo appearances but suppose the 3 from 5 substitutes rule does not help the cause.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 25, 2021, 3:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

From what Hurst has said during his respective interviews it appears the problem now is that these two players can’t get any game time as there are no reserve fixtures so have no way of getting match fitness. Obviously this applies to all those not getting selected on a regular basis which must be very frustrating as it’s hard to show your worth a place in the team if your not playing!!

Back to Scannell and Grant a little surprised they’ve not been on the bench and had a few cameo appearances but suppose the 3 from 5 substitutes rule does not help the cause.

In his pre-match interview today Hurst has again reiterated they are not match fit. They never will be match fit but do you have to be 100% match fit to get 15-20 mins from the bench?

OC was right about Max Wright as Hurst says he is the least likely to feature any time soon. Another unnamed player didn't train due to illness.

In any event we will still be able to put out a strong team so I hope we turn the corner on Saturday.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 25, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 11

In his pre-match interview today Hurst has again reiterated they are not match fit. They never will be match fit but do you have to be 100% match fit to get 15-20 mins from the bench?

OC was right about Max Wright as Hurst says he is the least likely to feature any time soon. Another unnamed player didn't train due to illness.

In any event we will still be able to put out a strong team so I hope we turn the corner on Saturday.

its bloody absurd. Grant was fit for 20 mins 3 weeks ago. Get them both in the Squad FFS
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 25, 2021, 4:16pm; Reply: 12
I take it this is still a 3 o'clock start and the kick-off time hasn't been moved on "police advice"?
Posted by: gytone, November 25, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid

its bloody absurd. Grant was fit for 20 mins 3 weeks ago. Get them both in the Squad FFS

I agree, how the hell are they supposed to get fit, understand there's no ressies, but surely they are fit enough a cameo from the bench say 15/20 minutes  otherwise there's no point.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 25, 2021, 5:23pm; Reply: 14
Why dont we just offer them out for free for a month to Cleethorpes/Scarboro or similar, get 3 or 4 games in that should get them somewhere near match fit/show if they are going to get over their injuries.
Posted by: pen penfras, November 25, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Why dont we just offer them out for free for a month to Cleethorpes/Scarboro or similar, get 3 or 4 games in that should get them somewhere near match fit/show if they are going to get over their injuries.

They'd only get injured if they played
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 2, 2021, 11:42am; Reply: 16

Chesterfield FC Website...

"Please note that the club’s initial allocation of 1,000 tickets for the game at Grimsby Town has now been sold-out.

A further allocation of 500 tickets has been requested.

The tickets are due to arrive next week."
Posted by: Poojah, December 2, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

Chesterfield FC Website...

"Please note that the club’s initial allocation of 1,000 tickets for the game at Grimsby Town has now been sold-out.

A further allocation of 500 tickets has been requested.

The tickets are due to arrive next week."

1,500 Chesterfield fans? On the loose, in our town? What if they indulge in alcoholic beverages and use industrial language in earshot of the local church community?

Have the authorities forgotten that time they viciously RATTLED the fence at the bottom of the lower Findus? Sounds like an absolute recipe for disaster - hopefully the police will put a stop to this madness. Just look at these ANIMALS…

https://youtu.be/DsBIH6Kjfp8

I couldn’t sleep for almost a MONTH after this. I think I’m still suffering the effects of PTSD if I’m honest.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 2, 2021, 12:59pm; Reply: 18
I believe Humberside police are having a meeting with their colleagues from West Yorkshire police, they will be formulating a plan of action for when we play Chesterfield. Some of the early recommendations already made public are, 1) Restrict the away following to 4 people, 2) move the kickoff time to 8:30 am, 3) Close all pubs, restaurants within 10 miles of the ground, 4) make the final day for purchasing tickets 3 months before the day of the game, 5) As a precaution ensure the Royal Marines and the Gurkhas are available as reserve riot controllers.

Posted by: MarinerWY, December 2, 2021, 1:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I take it this is still a 3 o'clock start and the kick-off time hasn't been moved on "police advice"?

In all fairness Humberside police haven't been so bad this season with messing around with our home fixtures. Notts County wasn't moved,  Chesterfield wasn't, nor Halifax before it got moved for TV, but it's still a 3pm kick off just a day later.

Chesterfield getting an extra 500, no bother? I mean it shouldn't be noteworthy, but someone show West Yorkshire Police eh...
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 2, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 20
They should also make Chesterfield fans attend a church service for 2 hours, walk on Cleethorpes beach in bad weather and go past 5 pubs without going in.  Compulsory purchase of HT draw tickets, but not allowed to win.
Posted by: Jacklester14, December 3, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 21
Bit embarrassing all the banty member gesturing and bravado. Always hyped up by those near the back of any trouble. I always cringe at the self incriminating videos that are put online. What a drama.

I've always come to grimsby and kept my nose clean. Enjoyed having a drink and good natured banter with like minded fans of two clubs whose paths have crossed many times over the years. Grimsby Town is a proper club and always look for the results as I've friends in the area. Looking forward to the game as usual.

Some tough games in this league.

Posted by: aldi_01, December 3, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pen penfras

They'd only get injured if they played

We don’t often agree but this was my thought. I’m not sure where this desperation for Scannell and Grant has come from to get them fit and playing. For the 30 seconds we’ve seen them play I’m not sure they offer anything more than we’ve already got.

I’d just pay them off and say cheerio. How long are they to be given to get fit?
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:51am