Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, November 24, 2021, 9:12am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10234733/IFAB-discuss-25-MINUTE-half-time-accommodate-Super-Bowl-style-shows.html

Wonder if 'football's lawmakers' have sat in the Findus and tried going for a slash at half time.

Anyway sounds a rubbish idea.

Posted by: golfer, November 24, 2021, 9:38am; Reply: 1
What a load of Bolloxe.  Bus timetables altered or else walking home. Who wants to see a load of scantily dressed women running round the pitch
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 24, 2021, 11:38am; Reply: 2
Yeah absolute rubbish! Although while we’re on the matter, I popped down to have a pee and get some food from the kiosk in the findus just before the halftime whistle against Southend and still managed to miss 30 seconds or so of the second half. Moving forward that area with the turnstiles, bar, kiosk, toilets and stairway to the upper need some serious reconfiguration.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 24, 2021, 11:56am; Reply: 3
You would still miss half of the second half if you go to get a snack next time we visit Wembley.
Posted by: pizzzza, November 24, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
Who wants to see a load of scantily dressed women running round the pitch

I am all for it!
Posted by: LH, November 24, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 5
Were we early trendsetters with the infamous Wagner appearance?
Posted by: GrimRob, November 24, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 6
Didn't it use to be 10 minutes? I vaguely remember it going up to 15 at some point.

I'm surprised they are not going for quarters. More lucrative advertising slots for TV games.

The paying supporter is an irrelevance these days.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 24, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from psgmariner

[img]https://c.tenor.com/dStHij7BLYQAAAAC/disgusted-dog.gif[/img]
Posted by: golfer, November 24, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
Didn't it use to be 10 minutes? I vaguely remember it going up to 15 at some point.

I'm surprised they are not going for quarters. More lucrative advertising slots for TV games.

The paying supporter is an irrelevance these days.

5 minutes in my youth . ( no innuendos Kingston )
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 24, 2021, 7:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from golfer

5 minutes in my youth . ( no innuendos Kingston )

……but…but…

Aghhh! Can’t help it.

5 minutes in your youth?! I hope you used protection.
Posted by: Barrattstander, November 25, 2021, 12:19am; Reply: 10
Quoted from jimgtfc
Moving forward that area with the turnstiles, bar, kiosk, toilets and stairway to the upper need some serious reconfiguration.

I would think the whole area is a health and safety hazard.

Posted by: golfer, November 25, 2021, 6:21am; Reply: 11
Quoted from KingstonMariner

……but…but…

Aghhh! Can’t help it.

5 minutes in your youth?! I hope you used protection.

I just knew it  ??)      Knee pads.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 25, 2021, 8:21am; Reply: 12
Touché 😆
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 25, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Barrattstander

I would think the whole area is a health and safety hazard.

Absolutely! Potential disaster if there was ever to be an emergency evacuation. I’d say apart from obvious reasons the findus is arguably more of a fire/safety risk than the main stand.
Posted by: Croxton, November 25, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jimgtfc

Absolutely! Potential disaster if there was ever to be an emergency evacuation. I’d say apart from obvious reasons the findus is arguably more of a fire/safety risk than the main stand.

I've already found three alternatives to the central and side stairways. To avoid the crush points on the crowded stairs I will either head for the roof via the camera gantry step ladder or slide down the drainpipes conveniently located at the back of the side stairs.

Meanwhile, if Dave Moore and the Caistor Mariners are planning another sponsored bike ride they could make it in aid of an external fire escape for The Upper Youngs?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.5697795,-0.047531,3a,60y,37.45h,103.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sC01OH9S0rx7R-M9n93EQQg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Posted by: RonMariner, November 26, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 15
No thanks.
Posted by: Ruston AT, November 26, 2021, 5:55pm; Reply: 16

So, we're going have dancing girls at half time! Do these people realise what life is like in the lower divisions. They sit in their ivory towers thinking the world is normal in an 60 - 70k stadiums with bars on every level, we go to the toilet in a brick hut with a stainless steel trough and thats progress.

Until the money the greedy premier league take, DOES come down to the grass root football you can stick your 25 minutes up your rectum.

Sorry rant over.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 26, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 17
The idea of 25 mins originated from safety issues apparent at Old Trafford this season.

25 mins would enable more United fans to leave OT safely at halftime when getting thrashed by Liverpool again.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 7:51pm