Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, November 24, 2021, 7:37am
I have read a few posts about bringing in new blood and breaking the wage structure within the club. All the clubs that have done this are not tearing up trees so far, even Chesterfield was pinned back after a 2 - 0 lead at home last night. There is a negative side to this in that it upsets people in the existing wage structure, will they take the view that the new bloke is paid more so let him get on with it?, he paid to do it I'm not paid that well.

All of this may seem sour grapes but I have witnessed this first hand. In an office where I once worked the staff (managers favourites) at one end were paid about 25%+ more than we were although the jobs were similar. A man say Ron (blue-eyed boy), kept asking say Jim at my end about problems and Jim answered. Jim was exceptionally experienced and Ron had very little compared to Jim but Ron earned 50% more! Jim askes for a pay rise and didn't get one.

Eventually, Jim started to tell Ron he didn't know the answers to his problems. This seemed strange to us until a colleague asked Jim a question which he answered. Lo and behold Ron appeared and asked the same question 10 minutes later and was told 'I don't know'. When asked why Jim said 'He's paid to know I'm not!

Sorry for the dialogue but I think you get my drift. What worries me is that if we bring in money men then it will upset the team spirit. The Sutton's and Harrogate's did not spend like Stockport and Wrexham but got promoted.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, November 24, 2021, 7:43am; Reply: 1
Who do you imagine knows the slightest bit about our wage structure, outside of the club officials and players?

Always makes me laugh when people discuss wage structure
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 24, 2021, 7:50am; Reply: 2
Quoted from DB
I have read a few posts about bringing in new blood and breaking the wage structure within the club. All the clubs that have done this are not tearing up trees so far, even Chesterfield was pinned back after a 2 - 0 lead at home last night. There is a negative side to this in that it upsets people in the existing wage structure, will they take the view that the new bloke is paid more so let him get on with it?, he paid to do it I'm not paid that well.

All of this may seem sour grapes but I have witnessed this first hand. In an office where I once worked the staff (managers favourites) at one end were paid about 25%+ more than we were although the jobs were similar. A man say Ron (blue-eyed boy), kept asking say Jim at my end about problems and Jim answered. Jim was exceptionally experienced and Ron had very little compared to Jim but Ron earned 50% more! Jim askes for a pay rise and didn't get one.

Eventually, Jim started to tell Ron he didn't know the answers to his problems. This seemed strange to us until a colleague asked Jim a question which he answered. Lo and behold Ron appeared and asked the same question 10 minutes later and was told 'I don't know'. When asked why Jim said 'He's paid to know I'm not!

Sorry for the dialogue but I think you get my drift. What worries me is that if we bring in money men then it will upset the team spirit. The Sutton's and Harrogate's did not spend like Stockport and Wrexham but got promoted.

What if Sutton and Harrogate paid lower basic salaries but paid performance related bonuses? I don’t know, you don’t know and, to be honest, it’s none of our business.
Posted by: ska face, November 24, 2021, 8:36am; Reply: 3
Oh no, not the team spirit! Will somebody PLEASE think of the team spirit!!

Didn’t look to be too much team spirit about last night. Bell ran himself to death for a bunch of blokes he’d met 24 hours previously and when he went down with cramp nobody even went over to help him.

I bet nobody at Chesterfield is moaning that Tshimanga’s on more money than they are when he’s banging them in every single match.
Posted by: rancido, November 24, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face
Oh no, not the team spirit! Will somebody PLEASE think of the team spirit!!

Didn’t look to be too much team spirit about last night. Bell ran himself to death for a bunch of blokes he’d met 24 hours previously and when he went down with cramp nobody even went over to help him.

I bet nobody at Chesterfield is moaning that Tshimanga’s on more money than they are when he’s banging them in every single match.

Maybe not while he is 'banging them in'  but how about if he hits a lean spell and doesn't score for 4 or 5 games? Throw in a couple of defeats and a few missed chances by Tshimanga and the moaning could easily start.
Posted by: ska face, November 24, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 5
He could go the next 18 games without having a shot and he’d still be averaging 1 in 2.

You get what you pay for.
Posted by: denni266, November 24, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 6
Its the law of the jungle .. better players earn more money  . if you want to earn more improve the way you play simple
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 24, 2021, 9:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Who do you imagine knows the slightest bit about our wage structure, outside of the club officials and players?

Always makes me laugh when people discuss wage structure

I'd assume most agents who operate at this level. Which possibly explains our current challenge.
Posted by: golfer, November 25, 2021, 6:32am; Reply: 8
Humberston ave if they win -  Shitehouse Lane if they lose     Tickets to Adele for a win  - Alan Carr and Keith Lemon if they lose - plenty of incentives out there without breaking the pay structure.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:52am