Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 7:16pm

A win or draw tonight and we will have all but qualified for the 2022 World Cup given our last game in the group is against San Marino on Monday.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEAxr4HXMAA2sXJ?format=jpg&name=small[/img]
Posted by: lukeo, November 12, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 1
How's Kane starting? Now I'm not a fan of any prem team but I am a fan of FPL and he's doing terrible lately 😂
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 12, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 2
What's happened to Dean Henderson? Doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in at Man U or England recently.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
What's happened to Dean Henderson? Doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in at Man U or England recently.

Think I saw he had Covid recently and maybe it has set him back a bit.

Posted by: LH, November 12, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 4
I can’t really disagree with any of that team. None of them have ever let us down. The two out of form players (Maguire and Kane) always perform well for England. Kane in particular only needs one goal and he’ll go on and score 5 in his next 6. Chilwell and James in brilliant form for Chelsea. Chilwell deserves to be in over Shaw on current form and Southgate has chosen a formation to suit him and James and still get Walker in for an experienced head at the back. We didn’t look as good with one DM in the last break (Hungary?) so happy to go back to two. Henderson has been comfortable being a bit more attacking this season with Liverpool too. Let’s hope we get the more difficult game won tonight.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 7:53pm; Reply: 5

Why are we playing in blue at home?
Posted by: Morris Minor, November 12, 2021, 7:57pm; Reply: 6
Kane gets selected even though his form this year is terrible. On his current form he would not make the bench in Town's line-up.

Always thought Southgate picked players doing well for their own team.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Why are we playing in blue at home?

I know it’s different governing bodies but I read that the Premier league stopped clubs switching to their away strips for one weekend around Christmas time to mark the plight of the homeless, selfish c**ts.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 12, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 8
Just gone to get me car washed and it’s closed!  they’ve all gone to Wembley I reckon
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:01pm; Reply: 9

Get in 1-0

Great ball in for Maguire to head in.
Posted by: Maringer, November 12, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 10
Watch the replay and that was very sneaky by Phillips. He drifted offside for the free-kick then stopped and deliberately blocked the defender who would have been challenging Maguire. I reckon that's something from the training pitch. I'll be controversial and say it should have been disallowed.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Morris Minor
Kane gets selected even though his form this year is terrible. On his current form he would not make the bench in Town's line-up.

2-0 Kane

Posted by: Ipswin, November 12, 2021, 8:11pm; Reply: 12
They must be crap if Kane (pen)  can score against them in open play
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

I used to think this board would be a better place without you, you never fail to do anything other than confirm this theory with your default position of spite.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 14

I can't see them finishing with eleven men at this rate.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I used to think this board would be a better place without you, you never fail to do anything other than confirm this theory with your default position of spite.

I actually think Swin adds something to The Fishy as long as he doesn't break the rules, I don't take his posts too seriously.

4-0 England

Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 16

I actually think Swin adds something to The Fishy as long as he doesn't break the rules, I don't take his posts too seriously.

4-0 England

Fair point
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 17

4-0 England

Fair point
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 18

This is like watching Town (England) at Aldershot (Albania) tomorrow  ;)
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 12, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 19
I’d be interested to see some of the Balkan betting patterns over the past 24 hours because some of Albania’s players are giving a suspiciously good tutorial on how not to defend.

It’s like someone’s playing FIFA and as soon as control switches to the nearest defender, they just run away like a Holloway.
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 12, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 20
I also enjoy reading Swins comments, not afraid to say as he sees it, doesn’t just say what will be popular. I have to agree with him over Southgates selections, Maguire looking very dodgy at Man U, Stones and Sterling not first choice starts at Man C, Kane not doing anything at Spurs, but hey non off them have ever let England down and on tonight’s showing all deserved to be picked.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 21

5-0 ....rubbish
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 12, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 22
Out of form or not, how can you leave Harry Kane unmarked in the six yard box at a corner for a knee high volley.

Roy Keane’s going to have a coronary.
Posted by: It Bites, November 12, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from lukeo
How's Kane starting? Now I'm not a fan of any prem team but I am a fan of FPL and he's doing terrible lately 😂

Football expert are we 🙄🙄🙄 😂😂😂😂
Posted by: LH, November 12, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 24
Kane’s shite!
Posted by: buckstown, November 12, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Morris Minor

When you say "struggle to get on towns bench" I guess you're comparing HK with the shop? I'm on record as loving the shop but to say love is blind??????!!!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 12, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from lukeo

Yeah. Absolutely rubbish
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 27
I’d be interested to see some of the Balkan betting patterns over the past 24 hours because some of Albania’s players are giving a suspiciously good tutorial on how not to defend.

It’s like someone’s playing FIFA and as soon as control switches to the nearest defender, they just run away like a Holloway.

Cough (Andi Thanoj) cough
Posted by: Ipswin, November 12, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH
Kane’s shite!

FFS Holloway's First XI could beat this lot - LJL might even bag a couple, lets wait and see him against Italy again or anyone in the world's top 20 teams shall we
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Gaffer58
I also enjoy reading Swins comments, not afraid to say as he sees it, doesn’t just say what will be popular. I have to agree with him over Southgates selections, Maguire looking very dodgy at Man U, Stones and Sterling not first choice starts at Man C, Kane not doing anything at Spurs, but hey non off them have ever let England down and on tonight’s showing all deserved to be picked.

Depends if you think constant negativity is saying it as you see it, or is a pose.
Posted by: It Bites, November 12, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 30
All the Kane hate is boring . He has consistently been the best English striker over the last 6/7 years . Just intercourse off you ignorant boring simpletons
Posted by: LH, November 12, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS Holloway's First XI could beat this lot - LJL might even bag a couple, lets wait and see him against Italy again or anyone in the world's top 20 teams shall we

I don’t disagree but he scored against Germany and Denmark in the Euros. I said he’d get 5 in 6 if he gets a goal earlier - he’s on for 5 in this game. He is our one true world class player and he needs to leave Tottenham to get some silverware to put it beyond doubt.
Posted by: buckstown, November 12, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 32
I'm not a massive Maguire fan but he plays well for England and has done for three years. Granted tonights opposition is pants but he's done well against much better quality.
Trouble is manure have an amateur coach and the most expensively assembled defence in club football will be rubbish until he's gone
Posted by: Squinter, November 12, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Ipswin

My God, your glass isn't half empty, I don't think you've ever had a glass.  Cheer up for once in your life and enjoy what's in front of you.   I expected Albania to sit in a defend, I didn't think we would see such a good performance by England and I'm loving it.
Posted by: lukeo, November 12, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from lukeo

Well.... This aged well 😂 😂 😂 😂
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 12, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 35

Smith Rowe makes his full England debut.

I can't imagine how proud he feels and his family.
Posted by: LH, November 12, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 36
3pts and a +6gd advantage over Poland with San Marino to play. I reckon eleven of us could play that game and we’d still qualify. Swin: I’ve got you pencilled in up front so you can show Kane how it’s done.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 12, 2021, 9:54pm; Reply: 37
England excellent in the first half and though against poor opposition showed some of the stuff they where made of in the Euros.

In the 2nd half they fannied about but the job was done, St Marino next and I'd like to say you can't under estimate the opposition .................... however on this occasion feel free to give them the full Swin treatment.
Posted by: HerveJosse, November 12, 2021, 10:33pm; Reply: 38

I am not generally a conspiracy theorist but that was a crazy first half from Albania a team with 15 points in the group and a chance of qualifying. Kamikaze high press that was easily played around leaving hopelessly exposed three booked and two off injured in first twenty five minutes largely after a series of wild challenges
Posted by: DB, November 13, 2021, 2:27am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Morris Minor

He picked a player to score a Hat Trick ;) ;)

Posted by: aldi_01, November 13, 2021, 4:01am; Reply: 40
Imagine actually slagging off Kane…aside from Lewendovski and Haaland there hasn’t been a more consistent natural striker playing for years…and at least Kane arsed himself to turn up for tournaments…

flipping simpletons that can’t see that.

Albania were bottom but at least we put them to the sword and finished them off. Say what you like but it’s acruslly a good England side and with great young players coming through, for once in my life it’s actually fun being an England fan…not sure I can cope with being a genuine favourite for a tournament though.
Posted by: lukeo, November 13, 2021, 7:10am; Reply: 41
Can i justify myself a little here?
I've always said and thought Harry Kane is world class. My comment was merely pointing at the fact he's been out of form for spurs lately.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 13, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 42
Quoted from lukeo
Can i justify myself a little here?
I've always said and thought Harry Kane is world class. My comment was merely pointing at the fact he's been out of form for spurs lately.

I wasn’t aiming my response at you mate, both the Spurs and Utd players have been awful for their respective clubs but excellent for England…
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 13, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 43
I fell asleep at half-time and missed all the 2nd half. What did I miss?  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, November 13, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 44
Thoroughly professional performance against an obdurate side who are no mugs going by their previous results. The type of side we used to struggle to break down in the old 'lob it in the box to a big man' days of the past.

Our movement and speed of passing was too much for them as they obviously came here to have a go from the start and got opened up with ease. Both sides settled for the score at half time by the look of the second half.
Posted by: RonMariner, November 13, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

I wasn’t aiming my response at you mate, both the Spurs and Utd players have been awful for their respective clubs but excellent for England…

Maybe England have a better coach and a game plan.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 13, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Les Brechin
I fell asleep at half-time and missed all the 2nd half. What did I miss?  ;D

Abraham, Smith Rowe and grealish came on.

Maybe some other subs too.  Alexander Arnold?

Er.... that's it!

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 47

San Marino v England (tonight)

Just the game you want when you only need 1 point to guarantee qualification for the next World Cup  :)

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEQLlvRWQAUefS-?format=jpg&name=small[/img]
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 15, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 48

San Marino v England (tonight)

Just the game you want when you only need 1 point to guarantee qualification for the next World Cup  :)

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEQLlvRWQAUefS-?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

Unlike many on here I like Southgate and think he’s done/doing a good job and I get the Arsenal connection with Saka and Smith-Rowe but I can’t understand why Greilish isn’t starting this game.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 49

Anyone spot the Scunny flag?

Any excuse to watch some decent football  ;D
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 15, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Unlike many on here I like Southgate and think he’s done/doing a good job and I get the Arsenal connection with Saka and Smith-Rowe but I can’t understand why Greilish isn’t starting this game.

Grealish isn’t fully fit is he?

I also think he’s in the dog house at home, with Pep and his significant other(s).
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 15, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 51

Grealish isn’t fully fit is he?

I also think he’s in the dog house at home, with Pep and his significant other(s).

Can’t be he’s not on the bench either.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 52

Kane's crap.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 15, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 53
International football is crap, these qualifiers are so boring as so often, so one sided.

Pre qualifying is needed.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 15, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
International football is crap, these qualifiers are so boring as so often, so one sided.

Pre qualifying is needed.

As a fan of the (current) 95th best team in England, I’m not a fan of minnows having to pre-qualify.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 15, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 55

As a fan of the (current) 95th best team in England, I’m not a fan of minnows having to pre-qualify.

Isn’t that what we have (had) to do in the FA Cup?
Posted by: supertown, November 15, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 56
NI v Italy has some meaning . Italy heading for the playoffs at the min
Posted by: Hagrid, November 15, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 57
That was a horrid watch. What on earth is the point
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 15, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 58
How would you feel if Rob brought in pre-qualifying to be able to post on The Fishy?

Madeley & Son of Madeley in a family feud filled face-off for the right to spar with Ska Face & Poojah on the main board.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 15, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from supertown
NI v Italy has some meaning . Italy heading for the playoffs at the min

I watched that - great performance from Noran Iron - any game at Windsor always has a hopping atmosphere - superb fans.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 16, 2021, 12:31am; Reply: 60
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Isn’t that what we have (had) to do in the FA Cup?

Yes but he doesn’t have to be happy about it
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 16, 2021, 8:14am; Reply: 61

Uefa have failed to adjust to there being more countries in Europe. We had Andorra and San Marino in our group, and that's 4 non-competitive matches for a start.  At least if those 2 had to pre qualify, there'd be half the one sided games.

Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 1:58pm