Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ska face, October 30, 2021, 9:40pm
On to the next, and nothing to do with Prince Andrew.

See they won 4-0 today, off the back of a decent draw in the week and a 5-1 win last Saturday. Anyone expecting us to turn up and roll them over like we did Bromsgrove are probably going to be disappointed.

Given our form, I can see Hurst going almost full strength. Would like to see Crocombe get another run out and maybe Efete if he’s fit.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, October 30, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 1
I will not hear of defeat
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 30, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ska face

…which is ironic considering that Kidderminster is the carpet capital of the country and the Royal Family are doing everything that they can to brush Handy Andy’s indiscretions under the thick shágpile.
Posted by: marinerjase, October 30, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 3
Going to be a test. PH will want to get through, but 3 weeks ago personnel may have been different, suspect he’ll put a strong 11 out, stronger than Bromsgrove. A) to get through b) game time for Taylor (and others)

Is a bit of a banana skin, nothing to gain and all to lose.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 30, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face

See they won 4-0 today, off the back of a decent draw in the week and a 5-1 win last Saturday. Anyone expecting us to turn up and roll them over like we did Bromsgrove are probably going to be disappointed.

Given our form, I can see Hurst going almost full strength. Would like to see Crocombe get another run out as maybe Efete if he’s fit.

Nods in agreement.

Would also like to see a forward player brought in and get some game time in this match.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 30, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

Nods in agreement.

Would also like to see a forward player brought in and get some game time in this match.

Depends if that forward is a loan player who may not be allowed to play in the cup.(icon_neutral)
Posted by: MrFisherman, October 31, 2021, 7:13am; Reply: 6
When's the replay if we draw with Kiddy??
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 31, 2021, 10:16am; Reply: 7
Quoted from MrFisherman
When's the replay if we draw with Kiddy??

Have they reintroduced replays?..genuine question as I know the binned them last season due to covid..
Posted by: Hagrid, October 31, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Have they reintroduced replays?..genuine question as I know the binned them last season due to covid..

They have. Normally the following tuesday i believe
Posted by: Withnail, October 31, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 9
Anyone know how many tickets we've shifted?

I've got my ticket and looking forward to it.
Posted by: lukeo, November 4, 2021, 6:33am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Withnail
Anyone know how many tickets we've shifted?

I've got my ticket and looking forward to it.

Last I read over 800
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 4, 2021, 8:13am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

They have. Normally the following tuesday i believe

Usually from the 1st round it's the week on Tuesday.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 4, 2021, 8:20am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

Usually from the 1st round it's the week on Tuesday.

Ah i see! My apologies
Posted by: wuffing, November 4, 2021, 9:01am; Reply: 13
I'd like to see us go 3 up top: LJL, Taylor and the young Efete feeding off them?
Posted by: aldi_01, November 4, 2021, 9:09am; Reply: 14
Quoted from wuffing
I'd like to see us go 3 up top: LJL, Taylor and the young Efete feeding off them?

You wanna play a right back behind the front two?
Posted by: immariner, November 4, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 15
I'd go same team as Bromsgrove if possible. We've got a strong squad, all are of first team quality and they all want to be in the first team and hence something to prove. They all need game time.
Posted by: Mariner93er, November 4, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 16
I wonder if he might play a stronger team with only a few changes - might view it as a chance to bounce back after a couple of losses.
Posted by: acko338, November 4, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 17
Efete, if fit to play, brings a more natural right side attacking mode to the team.

Souza seems to like the way they interplay, and Souza has seemed a little less effective in the last couple of games as if missing that passing link behind him.

This game could be where they get back to attacking together.

Grant, is he fit, and if so, will he play the No 10 role and will Taylor be fit enough to play up front with him?

If not, Bapaga in that place?
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 4, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Replays have been re-introduced up to and including the 4th Round.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, November 4, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from wuffing

Did you mean the young Essel feeding off them?
Posted by: wuffing, November 4, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from aldi_01

You wanna play a right back behind the front two?

Oh balls..... I meant Essel, doh
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 5, 2021, 1:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from marinerjase
Going to be a test. PH will want to get through, but 3 weeks ago personnel may have been different, suspect he’ll put a strong 11 out, stronger than Bromsgrove. A) to get through b) game time for Taylor (and others)

Is a bit of a banana skin, nothing to gain and all to lose.

I agree that it's a definite banana-skin game but don't think you can say nothing to gain

A place in round two which if the draw is kind to us could also lead us in to the third round

We've got to give it our best shot and there will be a reward of some description if we get past Kiddy
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:41am