Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Oly1987, October 23, 2021, 6:28pm
If you were one of the people that bought a ticket in the osmond next to the Yeovil fans with the sole intention of trying to start a fight please do us all a favour and don't bother to come to another game. There is no place for it in the modern game and all you do is give the club a bad name.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 23, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Oly1987
If you were one of the people that bought a ticket in the osmond next to the Yeovil fans with the sole intention of trying to start a fight please do us all a favour and don't bother to come to another game. There is no place for it in the modern game and all you do is give the club a bad name.

I saw that in the second half. Looked like grown men absolutely pathetic
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 23, 2021, 6:30pm; Reply: 2

And at least one looked like he was a middle aged man FFS, should know better.
Posted by: Sigone, October 23, 2021, 6:30pm; Reply: 3
2nd this, totally against everything the club is trying to improve...immature neanderthals.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 23, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 4
Agreed stay away we don’t need you
Posted by: mariner91, October 23, 2021, 6:49pm; Reply: 5
The police will stop the club selling tickets in the Osmond to home fans if that happens again. If you're one of those bell-ends then do us all a favour and don't bother coming back.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, October 23, 2021, 6:52pm; Reply: 6
Identify them and ban them..
Posted by: denni266, October 23, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 7
Just bell ends .. Probably cant get there own way at home where the other half is boss and only gets a 2 hour gate pass
Posted by: Humbercod, October 23, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 8
Was it the town fans that instigated it? Let’s have some factual first hand accounts before blaming our own.
Posted by: Kris2, October 23, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Humbercod
Was it the town fans that instigated it? Let’s have some factual first hand accounts before blaming our own.

Oh no it's never the town fans, best behaved fans in the league that never do anything to cause any bother...  ;D
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 23, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 10
Is this why there were loads of police on Harrington Street after the game?
Posted by: Jaws, October 23, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 11
We have a higher proportion of so called supporters that cause problems than most clubs and people refuse to admit it.

Didn't sit in the osmond but why weren't the fans in question kicked out? Looked like the police only came to keep them apart. Any other business required to call the police would be at least be wanting them off the premises.

Probably from the same breed of knuckle draggers in the pontoon abusing the stewards because they were trying to keep the stairwell clear.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 23, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Kris2

Oh no it's never the town fans, best behaved fans in the league that never do anything to cause any bother...  ;D

So you don’t know the facts then?

Yeovil fans already on record for starting fights with opposition fans this seasons.
Posted by: grimps, October 23, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 13
There’s someone on Facebook saying he was spat at by one of their fans
Posted by: BeijingMariner, October 23, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 14
If it was the town fans who instigated it, shame on you, you need to stay away or be kept away.
If it wasn't the town fans, the same applies but for responding.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 23, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Humbercod

So you don’t know the facts then?

Yeovil fans already on record for starting fights with opposition fans this seasons.

The facts?

They were embarrassing dicks who were old enough to know better. Should have just thrown them out. They carried on after the final whistle, shouting and gesticulating toward the Yeovil team who had gone over to their fans to thank them for their support.

Morons.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 23, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimps

This may well be true but there’s someone on Facebook who thinks the original source of HIV/AIDS was Terry Nutkins so I will take your comment with a massive fist of Fleur de Sel.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 23, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings

The facts?

They were embarrassing dicks who were old enough to know better. Should have just thrown them out. They carried on after the final whistle, shouting and gesticulating toward the Yeovil team who had gone over to their fans to thank them for their support.

Morons.

Fair enough Ginny some clarity! I take it you were either in the Osmand or the end of the main stand?
Posted by: grimps, October 23, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 18

This may well be true but there’s someone on Facebook who thinks the original source of HIV/AIDS was Terry Nutkins so I will take your comment with a massive fist of Fleur de Sel.

Well I’m not sure the Fishy is always the greatest source of information either , I was just offering a reason why somebody might have been so irate
Posted by: BeijingMariner, October 23, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimps

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis
Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from BeijingMariner

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

LJL thinks he's a striker :P

Posted by: forza ivano, October 23, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 21
[quote=140716]Was it the town fans that instigated it? Let’s have some factual first hand accounts before blaming our own

no. you're right. definitely the 100 diehard yeovil fans who'd travelled 4-5 hours, knowing full well they'd get turned over on the pitch , who decided (that being hard as nails nutters) that they'd take on 6000 Town fans

FFS..........
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 23, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 22
That's why we can't possibly share the Osmond with genuine away fans.
Some twerps pay to seek trouble - they are not interested in what is going on - on the pitch.
They are not fans.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, October 23, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
[quote=140716]Was it the town fans that instigated it? Let’s have some factual first hand accounts before blaming our own

no. you're right. definitely the 100 diehard yeovil fans who'd travelled 4-5 hours, knowing full well they'd get turned over on the pitch , who decided (that being hard as nails nutters) that they'd take on 6000 Town fans

FFS..........

100 die hard Yeovil ultras. You'll see how hard and 'proper nawwty' they can be in the next series of Danny Dyers Football Factories.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 23, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

100 die hard Yeovil ultras. You'll see how hard and 'proper nawwty' they can be in the next series of Danny Dyers Football Factories.

The clocks change next weekend so probably one last hurrah for the Yeovil summer set.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 23, 2021, 8:19pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from forza ivano

FFS..........

You related to George Blake?
Posted by: mimma, October 23, 2021, 8:20pm; Reply: 26
Looking in from the lower, I noticed that some Yeovil fans had moved to be next to our fans, instead of sitting away from our fans. Why didn't our stewards move them back?

However two wrongs don't make a right.
Posted by: Phil the cod, October 23, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 27
Will be carnage next Saturday.
Unfortunately,a successful team attracts these types of knuckle draggers.
Starting a fight with a handful of Yeovil supporters ffsake.

I bet mobs like Millwall and west ham will be quaking.
At least these thickos now have somewhere to go on a Saturday other than wetherspoons.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 23, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings

The facts?

Morons.

All of their faces will be crystal clear on CCTV. Don't worry about them going unpunished. You can almost guarantee that many of them will already be known to the Police for general thuggery.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 23, 2021, 9:02pm; Reply: 29

All of their faces will be crystal clear on CCTV. Don't worry about them going unpunished. You can almost guarantee that many of them will already be known to the Police for general thuggery.

…they’ll be found. No criminal punishment. Get a banning order that won’t be enforced. Rinse. Repeat.
Posted by: supertown, October 23, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 30

…they’ll be found. No criminal punishment. Get a banning order that won’t be enforced. Rinse. Repeat.

Can’t agree with that at all, banning orders certainly get enforced
Posted by: aldi_01, October 23, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from supertown

Can’t agree with that at all, banning orders certainly get enforced

Only when it’s enforced by law, I’ve known fans of various clubs have ‘club bans’ and still rock up at games and the likes…

I don’t really know the facts nor am I particularly bothered…I do wonder though, will the be as quick to ‘boot off’ when it’s Chesterfield sat in there? We’re they outside the blundell when it went off the other Tuesday? Easy picking on some yokel from Yeovil…
Posted by: Humbercod, October 23, 2021, 9:54pm; Reply: 32
FFS must of missed the mini riot!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 23, 2021, 10:13pm; Reply: 33
For years there have been pockets of bell ends in and around BP we have one in the first section of the upper near where we sit.

They walk in sit down on kick off, go to the bar after 38 mins and model the latest Stone Island jackets and baseball caps. They’ll be stood up in their seats next Saturday offering out the Notts County fans, booing the knee and shouting abuse in front of young kids…… “geezers”?….. “boys”? …… “lads”? No just throwbacks who belong in the 70s & 80s.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 23, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from HertsGTFC
For years there have been pockets of bell ends in and around BP we have one in the first section of the upper near where we sit.

No just throwbacks who belong in the 70s & 80s.

They belong in the Lower Palaeolithic rather than the Lower Findus.
Posted by: lukeo, October 23, 2021, 10:47pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Humbercod

NO it wasn't town fans.. It wasn't Yeovil fans either.
Posted by: DB, October 24, 2021, 4:58am; Reply: 36
From the description in the above posts, it sounds like a case of OAPY.
Old Age Yob
Posted by: OneLove, October 24, 2021, 6:29am; Reply: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

They walk in sit down on kick off, go to the bar after 38 mins and model the latest Stone Island jackets and baseball caps. They’ll be stood up in their seats next Saturday offering out the Notts County fans, booing the knee and shouting abuse in front of young kids…… “geezers”?….. “boys”? …… “lads”? No just throwbacks who belong in the 70s & 80s.

pigeon holing at its finest you absolute wally, making presumptions about town fans that wear a costly brand and go for a pint just before half time. people like you boil me blood the type that belittle the hard earnt paying fan, if you have a problem with them say it to them there and then don't do it on here. And to add i know a lot of 'lads' who are sound as hell, wear the gear, applaud the knee, go for a pint before half time return carry on supporting the club like they have done thru thick and thin. never judge your own!
Posted by: newarkmariner, October 24, 2021, 8:49am; Reply: 38
more and more posts attacking town fans,last week it was a 5 page thread about a ten bob smoke bomb,todays is about a few fans gesticulating and threatening each other without anything actually happening,you do realise this stuff happens at every ground in every division when the fans are near each other,god help you if you ever went too a Glasgow derby,your poor innocent law abiding,forever offended hearts would be broken and you would need too find a quiet corner too have a cry in,
Its football ffs,screams for banning orders etc,get a grip its naughty at best,calling anyone in designer gear or who stand,go for a pint knuckledraggers is just pathetic and you need your head wobbling
and low and behold a thread about throwing the ball appears,forum is becoming more and more off a joke ,next time you go too a game ,if you go at all,ask other fans what they think off the fishy,its hated with a passion by most fans and i for one can see why.

red cross away

p.s. did the fishy manage too get the young smoke bomb lad the birch
Posted by: grimps, October 24, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 39
Quoted from newarkmariner
more and more posts attacking town fans,last week it was a 5 page thread about a ten bob smoke bomb,todays is about a few fans gesticulating and threatening each other without anything actually happening,you do realise this stuff happens at every ground in every division when the fans are near each other,god help you if you ever went too a Glasgow derby,your poor innocent law abiding,forever offended hearts would be broken and you would need too find a quiet corner too have a cry in,
Its football ffs,screams for banning orders etc,get a grip its naughty at best,calling anyone in designer gear or who stand,go for a pint knuckledraggers is just pathetic and you need your head wobbling
and low and behold a thread about throwing the ball appears,forum is becoming more and more off a joke ,next time you go too a game ,if you go at all,ask other fans what they think off the fishy,its hated with a passion by most fans and i for one can see why.

red cross away

We’ve come a long way from the full blown riots of the 80s snd 90s to someone complaining and reporting another Town fan for using his vape in the upper Findus 😂

People just want to moan about something , for me personally I’ve always liked the intimidating atmosphere at football games and as long as it doesn’t spill over into actual serious violence it should  be treated as part of the match day experience
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 24, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 40

red cross away

Designer!! It's flipping Primark with a badge on it!

Just because it happens everywhere, doesn't mean it's acceptable

Posted by: Fillipe Noche, October 24, 2021, 9:08am; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Spot on. I agree with this.

Sadly it’s a reflection on some elements of society. Sometimes angers me too. But often I chuckle and wonder what they would think of themselves if they watched their behaviours back on a video. But they probably wouldn’t care a jot

Imagine how their kids are going to grow up 😂😂
Posted by: aldi_01, October 24, 2021, 9:18am; Reply: 42
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Designer!! It's flipping Primark with a badge on it!

Just because it happens everywhere, doesn't mean it's acceptable

You don’t really understand designer clothing do you? Have you ever read the book about massimo Osti…

I know plenty of blokes who choose to purchase expensive, high end clothing yet have never been involved in anything like this…

Is this the new thing? Nothing to moan about regarding the pitch/club so we’ll just pick on fans instead…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 24, 2021, 9:31am; Reply: 43
Quoted from OneLove

pigeon holing at its finest you absolute wally, making presumptions about town fans that wear a costly brand and go for a pint just before half time. people like you boil me blood the type that belittle the hard earnt paying fan, if you have a problem with them say it to them there and then don't do it on here. And to add i know a lot of 'lads' who are sound as hell, wear the gear, applaud the knee, go for a pint before half time return carry on supporting the club like they have done thru thick and thin. never judge your own!

I did when me and my lad went to Notts County away a few seasons ago and a couple of supporters had to step in to stop 3 of them punching f**k out of my son as they couldn't reach me.  

If you read my post I described a particular "pocket" of support not everyone who wears designer clothing.
Posted by: OneLove, October 24, 2021, 9:32am; Reply: 44
couldn't agree more newark. paying money to people watch rather than watching the game.
Posted by: OneLove, October 24, 2021, 9:33am; Reply: 45
why was they trying to punch your son?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 24, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 46

red cross away

Queens Park versus Partick Thistle? We all know the old firm "rivalry" is based upon decades of religious bigotry and from a distance looks nothing like a football thing.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 24, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 47
Quoted from OneLove
why was they trying to punch your son?

Basically there where 2 seats next to where we where sat (stood) and 4 lads trying to get in them 2 minutes after kick off, all my lad did was ask one of them to to not stand straight in front of him, nothing more. I'll paraphrase the response which was something round " we follow town away every week so we can do what we want" my lad doesn't go every week because of work but he's probably been to around 100 away games since he started coming with me in 2013.

To be fair I take your point about stereotyping but sometimes people's behaviour stereotypes themselves I guess rather than what they wear.  

Funnily enough we saw one of them the other week at a cash point, lets just say he wasn't that keen on making eye contact.
Posted by: buckstown, October 24, 2021, 9:45am; Reply: 48
I sort of understand the "have you nothing to moan about?" line of argument when discussing the behaviour of some fans because the numbers involved are minuscule
Thing is, for the first time in years we (well me)  are feeling proud of our club and proud of being town fans, things are looking good on and off the pitch. After 20 years of toe curling rubbish it feels like we might be turning a corner. 99.9% of our fans are ordinary, well behaved people and with all the positivity around at the moment the 0.01% stand out a bit more.
I could understand people being angry last season and maybe kicking off but  this year just join the party boys, don't tarnish the name of our club
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), October 24, 2021, 11:17am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Ipswin

LJL thinks he's a striker :P

Boring!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 24, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 50
I was sat in the Osmond yesterday and this certainly wasn’t just the doing of Town fans! The Yeovil lads were doing their very best to wind people up. One Town fan took exception to this and eventually thrown out by the stewards.

The Yeovil fans carried on antagonising the Town section, mainly from a group of around 30, many of which looked about 16, some Town lads, having had enough started gesticulating back and motioning over to them. Kicked off when the second goal went in, town fans expectedly celebrated in front of the Yeovil section, one lad took it upon himself to try jump into the Town section and was promptly stopped by police and stewards, not before spitting in the face of a Town fan, he was then cuffed.

I don’t condone the abuse of the players when they came over the clap their travelling supporters but this certainly wasn’t instigated by Town lads, not from why I saw anyway.
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 24, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I was sat in the Osmond yesterday and this certainly wasn’t just the doing of Town fans! The Yeovil lads were doing their very best to wind people up. One Town fan took exception to this and eventually thrown out by the stewards.

The Yeovil fans carried on antagonising the Town section, mainly from a group of around 30, many of which looked about 16, some Town lads, having had enough started gesticulating back and motioning over to them. Kicked off when the second goal went in, town fans expectedly celebrated in front of the Yeovil section, one lad took it upon himself to try jump into the Town section and was promptly stopped by police and stewards, not before spitting in the face of a Town fan, he was then cuffed.

I don’t condone the abuse of the players when they came over the clap their travelling supporters but this certainly wasn’t instigated by Town lads, not from why I saw anyway.

It’s taken 6 pages for someone who saw what happened to put the record straight, and thank you for doing so. I’m far from a Stone Island’er myself, but I’m glad we’ve got to the bottom of it and established that it wasn’t town fans at fault this time. We are too quick to judge our own.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 24, 2021, 3:40pm; Reply: 52
Ffs didn’t realise Yeovil had a firm … perhaps the end of football violence hasn’t reached Somerset yet 🙃
Posted by: Mallyner, October 24, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Ffs didn’t realise Yeovil had a firm … perhaps the end of football violence hasn’t reached Somerset yet 🙃

It's been going on it Somerset for many years, in fact Simon and Garfunkel once sang a song about it,
'Trouble over Bridgewater.'  ;)

Posted by: gary_elton, October 24, 2021, 4:10pm; Reply: 54
It's been going on it Somerset for many years, in fact Simon and Garfunkel once sang a song about it,
'Trouble over Bridgewater.'  

Very good... amused me did that...  :)
Posted by: DB, October 24, 2021, 4:24pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Mallyner

'Trouble over Bridgewater.'  ;)

Like that, droll but good. Gold star for you.

Posted by: waynegftc, October 24, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from aldi_01

You don’t really understand designer clothing do you? Have you ever read the book about massimo Osti…

Yer I hav m8 bangin buk setz da toan 4 mi sarrtoryal ellygunce
Posted by: forza ivano, October 24, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from waynegftc

Yer I hav m8 bangin buk setz da toan 4 mi sarrtoryal ellygunce

wot woz yore forts on the Yovile Massive?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 24, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 58
Did not see any trouble from the UF.

But did post a few days ago that there was fighting last Sat, both before and after their FAC local derby match. Police horses and Police dogs had to be used to break up trouble.

I posted that they would not bring enough fans to cause trouble at BP.  Maybe I was wrong?
Posted by: Scenes on toast, October 25, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah not going pretend we don't have bell - ends in the crowd, but that is a poor generalised view. I'm very lucky to have a good job and be able to wear SI, CP etc...My money , My choice. This does not make  Me Fight opposition,  Boo the knee or anything else you level at certain folk. Think it's your views that are in the " 70's , 80's if I'm honest. UTM , ATAW 👍

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 25, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Scenes on toast

Yeah not going pretend we don't have bell - ends in the crowd, but that is a poor generalised view. I'm very lucky to have a good job and be able to wear SI, CP etc...My money , My choice. This does not make  Me Fight opposition,  Boo the knee or anything else you level at certain folk. Think it's your views that are in the " 70's , 80's if I'm honest. UTM , ATAW 👍

Fair point, get what you mean completely. To be honest the Stone Island comment was an observation about a tiny % of people rather than a generalisation and wasn’t meant to be pushed out there as a sweeping statement it appears.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 25, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Fair point, get what you mean completely. To be honest the Stone Island comment was an observation about a tiny % of people rather than a generalisation and wasn’t meant to be pushed out there as a sweeping statement it appears.

Not all Stone Island wearers are hooligans, but a lot of hooligans are Stone Island wearers.

Never got the whole "dresser" thing myself, but each to their own.
Posted by: denni266, October 25, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 62
You cant judje a book by its cover  ,,  i remember going to pick this girl up around 1970 ish . and i hered her mother through the door say  why are you going out with a long haired greaser biker like that ,, Many years later i had the fortune to pick her up in my taxi to go shopping.. and she said , do i know you , i said yes  i am the long haired greasy biker that went out with your daughter . Oh she said , do you still live in town , no i said  i have a house in the countyside , but i have 3 houses i rent out  and two cars  and have 4 holidays a year but one is only on my 8 berth cruiser  at wroxham . and av never been out of work since i left school.. S he never said much after that , and she didnt ring my office for a taxi again as far as i know . That is a true story
Posted by: Norseman, October 26, 2021, 12:29am; Reply: 63
No need to boo the knee now .You can cheer Lenny who stood against racism
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 26, 2021, 3:00am; Reply: 64
Quoted from ginnywings

Not all Stone Island wearers are hooligans, but a lot of hooligans are Stone Island wearers.

Never got the whole "dresser" thing myself, but each to their own.

Never worn Oxford bags with a pair of 4" platforms then? 😁
Posted by: Henryscat, October 26, 2021, 6:27am; Reply: 65
Think it was bad on Saturday, wait until tonight.

You want some? I’ll give it ya
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, October 26, 2021, 6:56am; Reply: 66
Some fantastic generalisations on here, so if I’m over 40 I have to shop in Next or wear Rab or Montane like I’m attempting the North face of the Eiger. Yes there’s some idiots in the Stone island and CP crew but as another poster said if you have a decent job what’s the problem with buying decent clothing. Tbh some of the worse football violence I have seen was by replica kit wearing fans at Stoke away many many years ago so you just never know. Different times granted.
Posted by: DB, October 26, 2021, 7:30am; Reply: 67
Until I read this thread I thought Stone Island was someplace in the Humber! ;) ;)
Posted by: DB, October 26, 2021, 7:31am; Reply: 68
Quoted from denni266
You cant judje a book by its cover  ,,  i remember going to pick this girl up around 1970 ish . and i hered her mother through the door say  why are you going out with a long haired greaser biker like that ,, Many years later i had the fortune to pick her up in my taxi to go shopping.. and she said , do i know you , i said yes  i am the long haired greasy biker that went out with your daughter . Oh she said , do you still live in town , no i said  i have a house in the countyside , but i have 3 houses i rent out  and two cars  and have 4 holidays a year but one is only on my 8 berth cruiser  at wroxham . and av never been out of work since i left school.. S he never said much after that , and she didnt ring my office for a taxi again as far as i know . That is a true story

You don't need crosses just a gold star. Well done. ;) ;)

Posted by: ginnywings, October 26, 2021, 11:56am; Reply: 69
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Never worn Oxford bags with a pair of 4" platforms then? 😁

I'll admit to the Oxford bags, but not platforms. It would have been brogues, but that was a very long time ago.
Posted by: denni266, October 26, 2021, 12:02pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from DB

You don't need crosses just a gold star. Well done. ;) ;)

Well thank you sir   :)
Posted by: ginnywings, October 26, 2021, 12:02pm; Reply: 71
Some fantastic generalisations on here, so if I’m over 40 I have to shop in Next or wear Rab or Montane like I’m attempting the North face of the Eiger. Yes there’s some idiots in the Stone island and CP crew but as another poster said if you have a decent job what’s the problem with buying decent clothing. Tbh some of the worse football violence I have seen was by replica kit wearing fans at Stoke away many many years ago so you just never know. Different times granted.

That's very "on trend" as North Face is suddenly a fashionable brand among the populace now I notice.

I do actually wear a lot of outdoor clothing, but that's because I spend a lot of time outdoors. Not quite climbing Eiger, but Dales, Lakes and Scotland hillwalking.

I'm happy with Berghaus and am currently wearing Craghoppers trousers as it's raining and I'm going out for a walk.  ::)
Posted by: grimps, October 26, 2021, 1:48pm; Reply: 72
Look  at what Burberry did in the early 2000s after being associated with the chavs and hooligans.
They stopped selling their clothes in the small local independent dealers like Milan that was in Seaview street and only supplied through their own boutiques or High end department stores like Harrods and Harvey Nichols ect .
A Burberry T-Shirt now costs 400 quid we’re you could get one for 70 a few yards ago .

When you think that Stone Island probably costs less now than it did 30 years ago then you can see the quality of the clothing , the retailer and the customer has obviously dropped off
Posted by: ska face, October 26, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 73
If you’re wondering where this “all hooligans wear x brand” chat ends up, see what happened to this Lincoln fan at the weekend -

https://mobile.twitter.com/FairCop_/status/1452711471998242825

The outdated, judgemental, holier-than-thou attitudes on here are used to reinforce restrictive and abusive policing practices used against ALL fans.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 26, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 74
I would say fans being bell ends leads to restrictive and abusive policing practices rather than some people on a message board making assumptions about the casual culture/hooligans that has plagued football for years.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 26, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 75
I would say fans being bell ends leads to restrictive and abusive policing practices rather than some people on a message board making assumptions about the casual culture/hooligans that has plagued football for years.

So are you saying it’s ok to stereotype anybody with designer clothing then ??

Interesting which type of people we can stereotype without a massive ( and correct ) backlash don’t you think ??
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 26, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Civvy at last

So are you saying it’s ok to stereotype anybody with designer clothing then ??

Interesting which type of people we can stereotype without a massive ( and correct ) backlash don’t you think ??

I find it funny that the same few people always seem to take issue with the way people talk about casual culture and the negatives that go along with that culture, rather than take issue with the drunken, coke snorting bell ends, that want to cause "bovva" and ruin it for the majority.  
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 26, 2021, 3:20pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from ginnywings

That's very "on trend" as North Face is suddenly a fashionable brand among the populace now I notice.

I do actually wear a lot of outdoor clothing, but that's because I spend a lot of time outdoors. Not quite climbing Eiger, but Dales, Lakes and Scotland hillwalking.

I'm happy with Berghaus and am currently wearing Craghoppers trousers as it's raining and I'm going out for a walk.  ::)

Outdoor gear like  Brasher, Craghoppers, Berghaus etc is all I seem to wear nowadays (well for the last 20 years to be precise)  ;D it’s what clothes are intended for -  to keep you warm, dry and the wind off.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 26, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 78

I find it funny that the same few people always seem to take issue with the way people talk about casual culture and the negatives that go along with that culture, rather than take issue with the drunken, coke snorting bell ends, that want to cause "bovva" and ruin it for the majority.  

I have no problem with you calling out those people which you can actually  identify as being hooligans. I take offence that my 21year old son, currently serving with the RAF and far better behaved thanI was at his age, being labelled a ‘drunken, coke snorting, bell end because he chooses to  buy designer clothes !!
Have a go by all means. But make sure you’re having a go at those who deserve it !!
Posted by: Hagrid, October 26, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 79
never owned stone island bit pricy for me, friends have some of the coats, no trouble amongst them
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 26, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 80

I have no problem with you calling out those people which you can actually  identify as being hooligans. I take offence that my 21year old son, currently serving with the RAF and far better behaved thanI was at his age, being labelled a ‘drunken, coke snorting, bell end because he chooses to  buy designer clothes !!
Have a go by all means. But make sure you’re having a go at those who deserve it !!

You need to read what I have written again. As at no point have I said that all Primark with a badge people cause trouble, however, all those that do cause trouble do wear that clothing. If you dress like a clown, rightly and wrongly some people will assume you are a clown.

I will never understand why you would ever wear clothing that was born out of the casual movement still ingrained in the casual movement. It's not like it is nice clothing.

Feel free to twist this tweet as well to suit your narrative.

Posted by: Civvy at last, October 26, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 81

however, all those that do cause trouble do wear that clothing.

It’s at this point I give up.

Posted by: mariner91, October 26, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 82
I dress really badly and have no fashion sense at all, where does this leave me in the hooligan stakes?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 26, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 83
I also dress like a tramp, which is good because it means I'm less bothered by all the blood stains I pick up brawling at the weekend.
Posted by: Henryscat, October 26, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 84
Just walked to my local co-op wearing my CP jacket (no goggles), Lois jeans (remember them?) and Adidas trainers. I was feeling ok until I realised I should have smashed the place up
Posted by: newarkmariner, October 26, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 85
dont need designer clothes too be a bell end ,just call yourself the real then any players name and BINGO instant judgemental ar&ehole,what a muppet
Posted by: ska face, October 26, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 86

Yeah and you’d still sound like a div. This person nearly got turfed out of a city for the crime of wearing trainers. People like you would’ve cheered as the undesirables were herded onto trains in WW2 I imagine!
Posted by: DB, October 26, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from mariner91
I dress really badly and have no fashion sense at all, where does this leave me in the hooligan stakes?

Gang Leader. You're in disguise. ;) ;)

No offense meant.

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 26, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 88

You need to read what I have written again. As at no point have I said that all Primark with a badge people cause trouble, however, all those that do cause trouble do wear that clothing. If you dress like a clown, rightly and wrongly some people will assume you are a clown.

I will never understand why you would ever wear clothing that was born out of the casual movement still ingrained in the casual movement. It's not like it is nice clothing.

Feel free to twist this tweet as well to suit your narrative.

Are you attempting in a round about way to promote the wearing of sensible attire from a department store to promote ones level within society?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 26, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from ska face

Yeah and you’d still sound like a div. This person nearly got turfed out of a city for the crime of wearing trainers. People like you would’ve cheered as the undesirables were herded onto trains in WW2 I imagine!

Your assumption would be extremely wrong. I lived next to Bergen/Belsen concentration camp, and your stupid comment makes you look like a complete sharp object.

People like me don't want drunken buffoon fighting and causing trouble at football matches, but you can make up as much excrement as you want out of my posts if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Posted by: LH, October 26, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from mariner91

I once got arrested for not wearing any clothes. You can’t do nothing without being labelled a criminal these days.
Posted by: Jaws, October 27, 2021, 8:43am; Reply: 91
Personally I'd like to know where half of our fans are getting the knock off stone island gear from, I wouldn't mind some. I'll be an outcast soon if not!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 27, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 92
I got a kicking from some girl private wearing Hi Tec trainers and white socks once and I've never lived it down.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 27, 2021, 7:00pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Jaws
Personally I'd like to know where half of our fans are getting the knock off stone island gear from, I wouldn't mind some. I'll be an outcast soon if not!

You’ll have to get your Fila’s out
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 27, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I got a kicking from some girl private wearing Hi Tec trainers and white socks once and I've never lived it down.

Did you ever find out her name ? 😉
Posted by: mariner91, October 27, 2021, 8:59pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from LH

I once got arrested for not wearing any clothes. You can’t do nothing without being labelled a criminal these days.

It's hard to know what to do in this day and age.
Posted by: Mallyner, October 28, 2021, 8:42am; Reply: 96
Quoted from mariner91

Wearing my £20 Premier Man coat and Chums trousers and shoes the statement I think I make is,
'Old b@stards rule, OK.'

If it wasn't for the fact I struggle to get down the steps, never mind climb a fence, I could be a right hooligan in that gear.  ;)
Posted by: grimps, October 28, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 97
To be fair a  Stone Island jacket  is cheaper than a Town Kit 😂
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 28, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from LH

Me too I didn’t mind getting nicked. But the worst part about it was they took me to the small claims court.  :B :B :B
Posted by: lukeo, October 28, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 99
Couldn't get a ticket in the Pontoon so my burberry shell suit away.. I'm in the main so I have got my flat cap, flask (assume they're allowed now) and my pipe.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 28, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 100

Me too I didn’t mind getting nicked. But the worst part about it was they took me to the small claims court.  :B :B :B

I was wrongly picked out in a naked identity parade after a spate of flashing in Hampton Wick. It was alright though because they couldn’t make it stand up in court.
Posted by: lukeo, October 29, 2021, 12:57am; Reply: 101
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I was wrongly picked out in a naked identity parade after a spate of flashing in Hampton Wick. It was alright though because they couldn’t make it stand up in court.

All rise...
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:31am