Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 18, 2021, 7:19pm

Love these videos...

https://youtu.be/RuR2PgGcQWY?t=566
Posted by: grimsbybrown, October 18, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 1
7:51-7:52. Lenny clearly as unimpressed with his shooting as we were - ha ha ha

The censors obviously didn’t listen this one through!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 18, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 2
4:31.......the ref obviously heard the Bromsgrove fan saying " its in " before giving Longe King his goal ...And as mentioned above LJL swearing at himself...
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 18, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 3
Best camera angle I've seen of the 2nd goal. Stuck it on pause and played it frame by frame and it DID just cross the line, so well done that lino.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 18, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 4
[quote=618]Best camera angle I've seen of the 2nd goal. Stuck it on pause and played it frame by frame and it DID just cross the line, so well done that lino.[

Time to get a life Les?
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 18, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 5

Quoted Text
Time to get a life Les?

What, taking less than a minute to clear up a contentious issue in our last game?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 18, 2021, 9:16pm; Reply: 6
There was a photo floating around the Twitter yesterday that showed it about a foot over the line.

It was only the BBC commentator talking it up to create a bit of interest.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 19, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 7
great angle for the first goal - he struck that bloody well!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 19, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 8
This is a bit of a random one....

It appears that we have to wear Vanarama NL  kit for warm ups and the subs have 'official' bibs and they are all sponsored (very obviously) by New Balance. I've also spotted a couple of New Balance coats on the bench.

Is this a contracted requirement in the NL and Macron just have to suck it up that our players don't wear their warm up kit etc?

I'd rather see Town players in OUR sponsor's kit rather than another manufacturer's but I assume they don't have a choice.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 19, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 9

It appears that we have to wear Vanarama NL  kit for warm ups and the subs have 'official' bibs and they are all sponsored (very obviously) by New Balance. I've also spotted a couple of New Balance coats on the bench.

Is this a contracted requirement in the NL and Macron just have to suck it up that our players don't wear their warm up kit etc?

I'd rather see Town players in OUR sponsor's kit rather than another manufacturer's but I assume they don't have a choice.

i was just thinking, watching the Bromsgrove video, how good that New Balance kit looked. Nice colour and it's quality gear - would deffo buy it if there was some GTFC branding instead of Vanarama
Posted by: Poojah, October 19, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 10

This isn’t a new thing; it’s been the case in every season we’ve been in the National League (see pic of Hurst and his old pal in dashing Carbrini clobber below). I’m assuming clubs can opt out, but get paid additional sponsorship money if they don’t. Hurst doesn’t bother for instance, and is sporting a range of designer gear this time around.

[img]https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2ECD8WB/football-grimsby-town-v-wrexham-fa-trophy-final-wembley-stadium-1213-24313-grimsby-town-joint-managers-rob-scott-l-and-paul-hurst-mandatory-credit-action-images-john-sibley-2ECD8WB.jpg[/img]
Posted by: MarinerDevil, October 19, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 11
He's looked snazzy in his Hugo Boss shirt, hasn't he?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 19, 2021, 11:05pm; Reply: 12
Must be due a wash now tho eh
Posted by: Poojah, October 19, 2021, 11:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Must be due a wash now tho eh

You don’t wash yer lucky shirt, mate…
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 19, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 14
Good point!! 👍🏼

Keep it on Hursty with them crusty pits 😬
Posted by: Poojah, October 19, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Good point!! 👍🏼

Keep it on Hursty with them crusty pits 😬

Indeed. On a personal note, I’m yet to see us fail to win a game yet this season and, put it this way, if my lucky pants were to fall into the wrong hands they could be used as a biological weapon.

Things I do to keep you lot happy…
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 8:29am