Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2021, 9:00pm
Noticed Joe Bunney doing warm ups / fitness test on Tues at Alty......looking into it I see he had played a few games for them this season but looks like after just a few games and with decent words and best wishes from Alty he is moving on already. Quoting outside football interests as a reason for dropping down levels.
When he left here it was on medical grounds, which I dont think were ever clarified were they ?

Posted by: fishboyUTM, October 8, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 1
No, but I do remember him saying how hard he had worked to get back into the EFL (sadly briefly) following 200 plus games for a good Rochdale side in League one.

He looked absolutely awful for us in a team of clowns. Altrincham are part time I believe anyway, I've no idea where his new side are in the country as I've never heard of them. Strange as he must have been decent you'd have thought, he isn't 30 yet I don't think.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 8, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 2

Looks like Warrington Rylands dangled a carrot in front of him that he couldn't refuse.
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 8, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 3
Bunney gets a lot of love from our fans on Twitter, no idea why, of all the bad players we had last year he’s right up there with the worst of them
Posted by: Poojah, October 8, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looks like Warrington Rylands dangled a carrot in front of him that he couldn't refuse.

Seriously, can we not let yet another thread descend into bottomless pit of tenuous puns?

Besides, it’s not a time to be making light of things; whether you rated him as a player or not his career has just come crashing down with a Fudd…

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 8, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 5
I saw a tweet from Altringham saying it was due to work commitments so maybe it was just that he couldn’t balance both jobs.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 8, 2021, 11:04pm; Reply: 6
He’s moved for big bugs
Posted by: RobDef1, October 9, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 7
Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't he diagnosed with cancer during his time with us? No need for some of the comments on here about a player who has suffered more than 1 incredibly detrimental, life threatening set back in his career.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2021, 12:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I saw a tweet from Altringham saying it was due to work commitments so maybe it was just that he couldn’t balance both jobs.

It's Altrincham! I bet that must annoy an Altrincham fan as much as Grimbsy Town annoys us.  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 9, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 9
...........if his career has come crashing down, then has it gone down a rabbit hole?
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 9, 2021, 12:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RobDef1
Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't he diagnosed with cancer during his time with us? No need for some of the comments on here about a player who has suffered more than 1 incredibly detrimental, life threatening set back in his career.

No, it was some sort of nasty leg injury - think it was swelling / blood clot / thrombosis related and could have been very serious if he'd not sought treatment quickly. He's previously posted about recovering from it on twitter.
Posted by: RobDef1, October 9, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Chrisblor

No, it was some sort of nasty leg injury - think it was swelling / blood clot / thrombosis related and could have been very serious if he'd not sought treatment quickly. He's previously posted about recovering from it on twitter.

My apologies. I remember a post on twitter saying something along the lines of 'got the all clear' with plenty of well wishes and must have put 2 and 2 together. Still, he did come extremely close to death a couple of years before in a horrific car crash which by all accounts messed him up in more ways than one. I don't buy this 'he was up there with the worst of the lot' at all.
Posted by: Davec, October 9, 2021, 12:55pm; Reply: 12
I have to say I didn't rate Joe whilst with us but he has been through a lot in recent years, the car crash, the thrombosis etc, maybe he has taken stock in life and got a career outside of football as being a footballer is generally a short career, good luck to him
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 9, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 13
Now he’s moving again things might buck up for him.
Posted by: LH, October 9, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 14
I’d heard that it was a crohn’s/colitis thing and he was undergoing the necessary tests hence Hurst’s medical issue comments. I’d put his performances down to this as it was life changing/seriously debilitating. He’s had a lot of bad luck in his career. Quite sad really.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 9, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH
I’d heard that it was a crohn’s/colitis thing and he was undergoing the necessary tests hence Hurst’s medical issue comments. I’d put his performances down to this as it was life changing/seriously debilitating. He’s had a lot of bad luck in his career. Quite sad really.

As someone who suffers with this, i’d completely understand why he’d struggle to play again. Its horrible to live with
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 9, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 16
Bromley just scored a cracking goal
Posted by: Abdul19, October 9, 2021, 4:45pm; Reply: 17
Pulled a rabbit out the hat and so on and so forth
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:59am