Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: acko338, October 6, 2021, 12:07pm
Even though we have been scoring well, I am certain that Paul Hurst would like another body in to avoid being light on strikers and not wear out McAtee, Taylor or rush Lenny back too soon.

I did notice an Aston Villa U21 player scoring a hat trick last night - Archer.

Would our own Villa on loan player know about his prospects and know if he might benefit from a loan period? Another chance for a young player to gel into the side?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 6, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 1
He is regularly in their first team squad and came on at Tottenham last Sunday plus scored v Chelsea and a hat trick at Barrow in the League Cup so, although he spent a loan period with Solihull Moors last season, most unlikely he will be going out to a Conference club again.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 6, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
He is regularly in their first team squad and came on at Tottenham last Sunday plus scored v Chelsea and a hat trick at Barrow in the League Cup so, although he spent a loan period with Solihull Moors last season, most unlikely he will be going out to a Conference club again.

Unfortunately with Archer it sounds like there are too many draw-backs.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 6, 2021, 12:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from pizzzza

Bullseye!
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 6, 2021, 12:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza

That may have missed the target with some on here.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 6, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 5
Why not try and sign Billy Waters for a fee? We must be well up on budget and it looks like crowds are going to continue at this level. Halifax won't be keen on selling to a current top 7 rival but everyone has price...
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 6, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

That may have missed the target with some on here.

It made me quiver.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 6, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 7
Has our start and the performances of Taylor, McAtee, Sousa and now Bapaga made this harder in a way? I think we all felt we needed someone to improve the starting XI before the season started but anybody we signed would realistically have to join on the understanding they'll need some patience as unless it was someone outstanding they'd initially be sitting on the bench. Losing McAtee or Taylor would leave a big hole so we need someone but it just feels a bit more complicated than it did though definitely in a good way.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 6, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 8
When PH finds the right fit for the team, he'll bring someone in.

Suspect it will be another loan player.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 6, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 9

It made me quiver.

Odds bodkins!
Posted by: toontown, October 6, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Has our start and the performances of Taylor, McAtee, Sousa and now Bapaga made this harder in a way? I think we all felt we needed someone to improve the starting XI before the season started but anybody we signed would realistically have to join on the understanding they'll need some patience as unless it was someone outstanding they'd initially be sitting on the bench. Losing McAtee or Taylor would leave a big hole so we need someone but it just feels a bit more complicated than it did though definitely in a good way.

My thoughts too. Probably be a u23 loan I reckon
Posted by: Hants.Mariner, October 6, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 11
There could probably be an argument for saying you strengthen from a position of strength. So bring someone in now.

The counterpoint would be that to bring in another striker now could affect the great team spirit that clearly exists at the club. Say we went out and bought Tahvon Campbell or Billy Waters, they would be expecting to start every week, which would mean one of the current team would have to be left out. Not to mention the fact that the fee paid for Tshimanga is likely to mean selling clubs are looking for big, unrealistic fees for goalscorers in this league.

Most likely I think we will see a youngster from a club further up the leagues come in at some stage in the future if McAtee or Taylor have an injury lay off, but for the moment as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Posted by: grimps, October 6, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 12
I can’t see many clubs wanting to loan us a player to come here and sit on the bench , it’ll be tough to get anyone on loan unless they’re guaranteed some game time .
We’d be better off signing a hot prospect from the league below
Posted by: acko338, October 6, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 13
Will Bapaga had to wait for his chance but took it well.

Players have to prove they can force their way into the team, as do all squad players , and Sears took his chance with Efete's suspension.

Pardon my rules ignorance - does a 2 booking sending off merit 1 or 3 matches suspended?

Does the National League have ref assessors who watch games for mistakes made, and if so, can they rescind bookings made incorrectly if deemed harsh?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 6, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 14
It will just be a one match ban for Bapaga.
Posted by: acko338, October 6, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It will just be a one match ban for Bapaga.

Great, thanks for the info.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 6, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hants.Mariner
There could probably be an argument for saying you strengthen from a position of strength. So bring someone in now.

The counterpoint would be that to bring in another striker now could affect the great team spirit that clearly exists at the club. Say we went out and bought Tahvon Campbell or Billy Waters, they would be expecting to start every week, which would mean one of the current team would have to be left out. Not to mention the fact that the fee paid for Tshimanga is likely to mean selling clubs are looking for big, unrealistic fees for goalscorers in this league.

Most likely I think we will see a youngster from a club further up the leagues come in at some stage in the future if McAtee or Taylor have an injury lay off, but for the moment as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Good points, I'd seen a signing coming in to be on the bench with a fully fit squad, so perhaps pushing Lenny down one in the pecking order. Perhaps I'm also sentimental about the name - Waters...

Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:39pm