Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HerveJosse, October 5, 2021, 10:47pm
This is beginning to feel like the Mcmenemy era something that was not achieved despite many subsequent years in the equivalent  of the championship. Ground capacity is likely to be an issue soon if the momentum continues. The new owners attitude rightly was a new ground is not a priority as we don’t fill Blundell Park . I think we have demonstrated we will don’t that if there is delivery in the pitch so that ones back to the new owners please. In the short term it’s time to start looking at adding seats in BP corners etc . Also an opportunity to sell more season tickets to guarantee a seat with a discount for games gone providing further secured income beyond that expected.
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, October 5, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 1
I suppose they have the option of putting temporary seating in the open corners. It’s been put in before for big cup games.
Posted by: grimps, October 5, 2021, 11:00pm; Reply: 2
The corners were filled for most of our last season in the championship if I remember right
Posted by: Poojah, October 5, 2021, 11:01pm; Reply: 3
We’ll have the option of taking the bulk of the Osmond most weeks if necessary. That’ll give us somewhere close to 7,500 except when we get a big following, which is rare at this level.

If we reach a point where putting temporary seating in the corners becomes a genuine economical consideration, then we’re in a seriously good place.
Posted by: Mrbump53, October 5, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 4
When I first started going to matches the corners were open terrace and between the Barrett and Pontoon is where I generally watched most matches. If the weather was too bad then used to stand in the Barrett stand. With safe standing now being trialled in premier league clubs is this an option ?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 5, 2021, 11:26pm; Reply: 5
Other than Notts County, Stockport, Halifax and Chesterfield we can put away fans in the corner. Until we start selling out the osmond we should spend the budget elsewhere.  
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 5, 2021, 11:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 1739
Other than Notts County, Stockport, Halifax and Chesterfield we can put away fans in the corner. Until we start selling out the osmond we should spend the budget elsewhere.  
??

Posted by: toontown, October 6, 2021, 12:40am; Reply: 7
Yeah Halifax won't bring many, their away support is v sparse
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 6, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mrbump53
When I first started going to matches the corners were open terrace and between the Barrett and Pontoon is where I generally watched most matches. If the weather was too bad then used to stand in the Barrett stand. With safe standing now being trialled in premier league clubs is this an option ?

The trouble with safe standing as I understand it, is it doesn’t really add capacity to grounds, but just allows you to stand safely i.e. stand instead of sitting.

Least that’s how I see it.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 6, 2021, 10:43am; Reply: 9
One thing for sure, if we carry on like this, the the old adage of “ Build it they will come” will apply. 😀
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 6, 2021, 10:45am; Reply: 10
What space is there now compared to years before when temporary seating was viable? The fanzone is now in cons corner but has anything changed in the Harrington or imp corner? Realistically, are we in a position to offer catering etc for the extra footfall? Genuine question and no way a criticism.

What was on offer last Saturday was brilliant (first game I’ve been to BP for over 3 years ). The belief and the feel good factor could be felt all the way from meggies high street to the ground. I couldn’t even get in the club shop due to the vast amount of numbers.

Thankyou JS and AP for giving the fans their club back and giving the area a sense of pride. It certainly does make a difference
Posted by: lukeo, October 7, 2021, 7:21am; Reply: 11
Usually when I come back to grimsby to visit, on the day of the game I'll chat to my grandad and ask if we're going a
and then turn up around 2.30pm, have a pint and then watch the game....
This time I'm already ringing him for the Notts County game, explaining we need tickets early, explaining I want to eat at Blundell Park (he's not on social media so wondered why the hell I'd want to eat a plastic burgers - then I explained) and also considering arriving at 1.30pm for a couple extra drinks.. UTM
Posted by: RonMariner, October 7, 2021, 7:56am; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
Usually when I come back to grimsby to visit, on the day of the game I'll chat to my grandad and ask if we're going a
This time I'm already ringing him for the Notts County game, explaining we need tickets early, explaining I want to eat at Blundell Park (he's not on social media so wondered why the hell I'd want to eat a plastic burgers - then I explained) and also considering arriving at 1.30pm for a couple extra drinks.. UTM

It’s now a more welcoming place, where people want to be well before kick off. That will also add to the revenue, though much of it will go to the vendors.  But it makes the experience so much more pleasurable and will make people want to come back. Well, that and the fabulous football on offer.

I can’t believe how much has changed so quickly. It’s incredible. So proud of this team already.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 7, 2021, 8:01am; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo

Make sure you explain the new prices £6 for a pie £5 for a pint 😭
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 7, 2021, 8:21am; Reply: 14
Fenty will be thinking to himself. If only I had stayed on for one more season, then I would have been the one getting the praise for the increase in numbers and the feel-good factor!
Posted by: ginnywings, October 7, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 15
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Fenty will be thinking to himself. If only I had stayed on for one more season, then I would have been the one getting the praise for the increase in numbers and the feel-good factor!

Really?

Has history taught you nothing?
Posted by: It Bites, October 7, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 16

Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: denni266, October 7, 2021, 9:12am; Reply: 17

No way would we have anything like we have got now .. He may have made a few bob selling smelly fish  but running a football club was far out of his reach He just did not have the brains to realise that the two main things where the team  and the fans . And football is not something just to make money out of and to make you look good .
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 7, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 18
Quoted from denni266

No way would we have anything like we have got now .. He may have made a few bob selling smelly fish  but running a football club was far out of his reach He just did not have the brains to realise that the two main things where the team  and the fans . And football is not something just to make money out of and to make you look good .

You know that, I know that but would Fenty admit to himself and the world that we are in a better place because he's left?

Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:00am