Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 30, 2021, 7:44am
Got to be Hunt's free kick for me but a few decent goals in there.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/goal-of-the-month---augustseptember/
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 30, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 1
Max Wright for me.

Yes Hunt's goal for out and out impact was good, but Max had so much to do. Yes lucky bounce to control it, but to run at full pelt controlling the ball, out running the defender, then giving a little STEP STEP SHIMMY to send the keeper the wrong way. Magical
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 30, 2021, 9:32am; Reply: 2
Wow lots of decent goals to choose from for a team with no number 9.

Alex Hunt for me, great technique and a great finish to the game, but honestly I could have chosen a few more quite easily.

The fact that we can have a goal of the month where you have goals to pick from rather than “goal of the month” referring to the goal we scored that particular month shows how much of a good place we’re in.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, September 30, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 3
Everything about Taylor’s diving header for me good patient build up out to Sousa beat his man cracking ball in and a bullet header from taylor to equalise, some crackers in there though hard to choose from but I’ll go Taylor ⚫️⚪️
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 30, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 4
My favourite goal so far has been Taylor's vs Wrexham. Sousa's movement, Hunt's inch perfect pass, Sousa's cross and Taylor's finish are all absolutely spot on. We won't see a better one-two than that all season, it's peak 90s Buckleyesque stuff that. Can't believe it's not in that reel.

I'd have put Clifton vs Torquay at least on that video too, for McAtee's touch in the build up and for the fact that it made those 9 minutes of injury time a lot more bearable.

Hunt out of the ones on there though.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2021, 12:05pm; Reply: 5
Taylor against Barnet for me. Directing a header from outside the posts is very difficult although I can appreciate the Hunt and Wright goals getting the vote.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 30, 2021, 12:08pm; Reply: 6
The Taylor diving header for me. The movement, the pass, the cross and the header all had to be spot on.

Wonderful football, great goal.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 7
Further note on this - isn't it nice to have goals to choose from?

There's been months in the last few seasons when we've had very little choice.
Posted by: mimma, September 30, 2021, 2:01pm; Reply: 8
GOTM use to pick itself.  We rarely had a choice between two or more decent efforts to pick from.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2021, 3:24pm; Reply: 9
Agree on Taylor’s goal. Great bit of passing and movement leading up to it, a great cross and a perfect header.
Posted by: RobDef1, September 30, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 10
Alex Hunt free kick for me. Although I cant believe Taylors equaliser vs Wrexham wasn't in there. I was ecstatic watching that goal. The ball from hunt the movement/faint from McAtee, the run from Sousa and finish from Taylor was a pure joy to watch.
Posted by: toontown, September 30, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 11
Gotta be taylor vs Wrexham for me and that's not even in there! Of the ones that are I'd therefore go for taylor vs Barnet instead, just to give it to him. Loads of good contenders though which is so great to see  8)
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, September 30, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 12
Taylor's goal against Wrexham. A sublime one-two between Sousa and Hunt before a perfect cross which Taylor met at the near post to glance home.

And how bizarre that it was foolishly left out of this compilation!
Posted by: RonMariner, October 1, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 13
Max Wright v Wrexham.

George Best would have been proud of that one!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 1, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner
Max Wright v Wrexham.

George Best would have been proud of that one!

Did Max injure himself after bedding Miss World later that night? 😉
Posted by: gobby, October 1, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 15
Going against the run of play, but Efete for me, for a defender to run,  attack and place it like he did was excellent.  8)
UTMM
Posted by: Teesknees, October 1, 2021, 1:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did Max injure himself after bedding Miss World later that night? 😉

Apparently he is aroused by bivalve molluscs, he went out after the match and pulled a mussel!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 1, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Teesknees

Apparently he is aroused by bivalve molluscs, he went out after the match and pulled a mussel!

Now that’s going in my ‘Dad Joke’ book. My kids are gonna hate it. 😆
Posted by: Mayaman, October 1, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 18
Some great goals and very varied.  Taylor's goal v Wreham was excellent because I loved the behind to Sousa and McAtee's sublime dummy. Out of the goals that it's a toss up between Hunt and Taylor and I'd plump for the latter. Free kicks like that always look good but I think Taylor had a lot to do The keeper was rooted to the spot because I think he thought that it was defender's ball.  Ryan should never have got there but he did.
Posted by: LH, October 1, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 19
Taylor’s vs Wrexham had a few of my favourite things about football within the move. A deft through ball, a pin point cross with a diving header to meet it and silencing a fanbase with a misplaced opinion of themselves. A travesty that it doesn’t make the shortlist.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 1, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH
Taylor’s vs Wrexham had a few of my favourite things about football within the move. A deft through ball, a pin point cross with a diving header to meet it and silencing a fanbase with a misplaced opinion of themselves. A travesty that it doesn’t make the shortlist.

Except the diving header was against Barnet.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:48pm