Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Croxton, September 27, 2021, 8:28pm
Hope Paul can find another job soon.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/non-league-paper/407919/groves-goes-at-gloucester-city/
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 27, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Croxton

Sacked after a thumping defeat.

Rings a bell :-/
Posted by: chaos33, September 28, 2021, 6:00am; Reply: 2
I’ve always scratched my head over the fact that Gloucester City are in Conference North!?!
Now, I’m no Geography expert, but a glance at the map of England will make you wonder how somebody decided that Gloucester is in the northern half of the country. It’s not even in the f@cking midlands!
Posted by: DB, September 28, 2021, 6:22am; Reply: 3
Quoted from chaos33
I’ve always scratched my head over the fact that Gloucester City are in Conference North!?!
Now, I’m no Geography expert, but a glance at the map of England will make you wonder how somebody decided that Gloucester is in the northern half of the country. It’s not even in the f@cking midlands!

This is another reason why we need to get out of the National League setup. The management of the NL, at best, is pathetic.

Posted by: pizzzza, September 28, 2021, 7:10am; Reply: 4
Quoted from chaos33

Well they don't have to be in the northern half of the country, off the top of my head they are not further south than the northern-most club in the National League South. It's just that at that level (similar to the NL) the majority of clubs are southern based.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 28, 2021, 7:18am; Reply: 5
Was hoping he'd make a go of it, shame as that's the Kewell scrap heap for him after yet another management fail.

Given he's coached at premier league  level maybe he needs to stick with that.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 28, 2021, 7:59am; Reply: 6
I don’t blame him. I lived there for 12 years and can wholeheartedly say it’s a shithole
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 28, 2021, 9:07am; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33

There are 21 teams in the NLS this season and 22 in the NLN because of Macclesfield. Gloucester have bounced between the 2 but there is an argument that they should be in the NLS this season.

The reason they fall under the NLN is that there are 22 (or 21 this year) teams further south than them.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 28, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 8
It's a year out of date but it gives a good feel for the cluster of clubs in the South East compared to the far more sparse Northern set-up.  I think Gloucester is actually more southern than Braintree (who were in the National League South) but switching them would actually leave them more isolated.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ZiF6LqkFHeRRzrOBKRpHZwoX2A6lixH0&ll=53.01620533954092%2C-1.2018938000000068&z=7

As for Groves, genuinely saddens me that he hasn't made his mark in the managerial game.  I guess some people are just better cut out for coaching than managing although I seem to recall that Gloucester were going for it last season until the league was curtailed.
Posted by: BenBB, September 28, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKvw3YzVsE

Some defeat 😂 (have to click into it as they've disabled embedding)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 28, 2021, 6:35pm; Reply: 10
Was that Harry Cardwell scoring the first goal?
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:38pm