Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 26, 2021, 6:46pm
Now that he has left the club, and Mark Stilton has set all the fact right in his articles for Cod Almighty, the ex-Councillor is clearly at a loose end. A man of his talents cannot be wasted. Art lover, business leader, politician, benefactor (his own admittedly), fashion icon, martyr to Aston Martin owners everywhere.

It’s a major shock to anyone’s system to leave an organisation he has been part of for such a long time. Anyone who has retired* or has been made redundant will empathise. He will need help adjusting. As a caring group of supporters, I think we should help the man find a new role.

I believe I have the perfect role. We’re all familiar with his good taste in threads so I propose he becomes style guru to the new Grimsby Town. He could patrol BP then after the game post on the worst and best fashion faux pas of the day. With a new username of course. Step forward:

GETYOURSLACKSRIGHT

* this is an apt comparison as the club has contributed to his pension fund
Posted by: goldenfish, September 26, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 1
Obsessed much
Posted by: It Bites, September 26, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 2
Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: wigworld, September 26, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 3
Maybe the new owners should have given him a phased retirement?
Let him come in a couple of times a week to check the floodlights don't need any bulbs replacing, change the toilet paper etc.
Posted by: buckstown, September 26, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 4
He's gone, forget him please
Posted by: aldi_01, September 26, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from buckstown
He's gone, forget him please

If we forget then we risk the same happening again. Had fans gotten together sooner we could possibly have exposed the fraudulent flipping scum bag sooner…we didn’t and I guess I kinda understand why…

We must not forget though, you learn from past mistakes…we don’t forget Hitler, Pot et al…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 26, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from goldenfish
Obsessed much

New Yoda you are?
Posted by: smokey111, September 26, 2021, 11:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from aldi_01

If we forget then we risk the same happening again. Had fans gotten together sooner we could possibly have exposed the fraudulent flipping scum bag sooner…we didn’t and I guess I kinda understand why…

We must not forget though, you learn from past mistakes…we don’t forget Hitler, Pot et al…

The last couple of decades haven't been great, but drawing comparisons with the Holocaust!?!?! Really?????
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2021, 12:26am; Reply: 8
Quoted from smokey111

The last couple of decades haven't been great, but drawing comparisons with the Holocaust!?!?! Really?????

I don’t think he’s doing that, just using extreme examples to say ‘never forget the past, learn from it’.

If you can think of more appropriate examples that have resonance feel free to suggest them.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2021, 12:31am; Reply: 9
Anyway, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over what was meant to be a humorous (but obviously not) pístake to lighten the mood).

Clearly Rob’s made an issue of it by relegating a thread about a former Grimsby Town owner to non-football. An uncharitable person would say censorship is alive and well on the Fishy. At least if it involves anything that could be deemed anti-Fenty.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 27, 2021, 2:27am; Reply: 10
Anti-Fenty sounds like pasta.

I'll have the chicken antifenti.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:24pm