Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 24, 2021, 9:40pm
So it’s potentially good news (for some) with regards to rail seating becoming a possibility. Now we could be set to be able to enjoy a pint or 2 with the game

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10025491/Drinking-alcohol-stands-return-time-1985.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_article_mobile_sport
Posted by: mimma, September 24, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 1
At last, common sense!!!

Just hope the idiots don't spoil it for everyone.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 24, 2021, 10:39pm; Reply: 2
At last a minister who listens.

Often used to enjoy a pint at Hampton by the pitch side.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 24, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 3
God forbid us plebs can have a pint at a game without resorting to punching a random stranger in the face.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 25, 2021, 8:09am; Reply: 4
About time…the comments on this story were laughable though…living proof that critical thinking and the ability to research stuff before losing ones mind spouting nonsense has gone…
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 25, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
God forbid us plebs can have a pint at a game without resorting to punching a random stranger in the face.

🍺🍺. Say that to my face mate. I dare ya 🍺🍺
And if you spill my pint 🤛 🤜 🥊

On a serious note though. I believe that alcohol does play a part in fuelling the violence. But having dry trains/grounds etc changes nothing. Those that really want alcohol will still get it. These measures just penalise the casual law abiding fan that likes the occasional beer. (ie: The. vast majority ).
My genuine concern would be the constant bobbing up and down in your seat as folks nip for a pint then a p1ss during the game.
Posted by: lukeo, September 25, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 6
Agree with Civvy..

I guess I best buy myself an umbrella and packamack for away days
Posted by: ska face, September 25, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 7
Not sure when this performative pint chucking started - 2016 euros or 2018 WC in the fan zones for the BBC cameras? Can’t see it happening in the stands for the same reason you don’t get covered in bovril or coffee every time we score.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 25, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face
Not sure when this performative pint chucking started - 2016 euros or 2018 WC in the fan zones for the BBC cameras? Can’t see it happening in the stands for the same reason you don’t get covered in bovril or coffee every time we score.

As you say, all for the cameras. 8000 packed in the curva sud at Hellas, doubled up on seats, stood up…everyone with an ale…barely a drop on me…

All for the tv fans and tv supporters…
Posted by: codcheeky, September 25, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

There seemed to be plenty of spillage in the concourse at Wembley at half time when we played Forest Green
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 25, 2021, 9:45am; Reply: 10
Great, I’m going to be up and down like a flipping whack-a-mole.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 4:52am