Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kris2, September 23, 2021, 6:36pm
What is the manner of his injury? He sounds like another sicknote like Scannell or Hanson was. What contract does he have? I think if he hasnt returned to playing before Christmas I can see him being released in the New Year. There must have been a decent wodge of money outlayed, (wages and medical costs) for little or no return. It reminds me of some signings LAST season, with , ssshhhhhh!, no mention of who was at fault then.

All of what you said can be applied to Max Wright but you didn't mention him. Does he get a pass for being local? Or will you be not a hypocrite and suggest we also release Max Wright because he doesn't play enough.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 23, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 1
Very harsh. Not his fault he’s injured and when he is fit im looking forward to seeing him play
Posted by: toontown, September 23, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 2
Give him a chance to get fit - the season is barely more than a month old!
Posted by: DB, September 23, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 3
Did you listen to what PH said?
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 23, 2021, 7:22pm; Reply: 4
What is the manner of his injury? He sounds like another sicknote like Scannell or Hanson was. What contract does he have? I think if he hasnt returned to playing before Christmas I can see him being released in the New Year. There must have been a decent wodge of money outlayed, (wages and medical costs) for little or no return. It reminds me of some signings LAST season, with , ssshhhhhh!, no mention of who was at fault then.

FFS
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 23, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 5
We've played half a dozen games, let's revisit after half a season and see if he's managed to play or not. Dew dew
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 6

Nothing better to do?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 23, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 7
We've signed 15 players, it's unlikely that all of them will be an outstanding success but it's still early days, give the guy a chance.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, September 23, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 8
It’s almost as if we’ve got nothing to moan about
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 23, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Kris2

All of what you said can be applied to Max Wright but you didn't mention him. Does he get a pass for being local? Or will you be not a hypocrite and suggest we also release Max Wright because he doesn't play enough.

It was said before the season started that it was sh it or bust for Max with regards his injuries.

I only mentioned Grant because he has been missing since pre-season with no return anytime soon.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 23, 2021, 11:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB
Did you listen to what PH said?

Didn't he say he is no where near training yet?
Posted by: DB, September 24, 2021, 6:56am; Reply: 11
Quoted from horsforthmariner
It’s almost as if we’ve got nothing to moan about

New season ticket holder asks for direction to his seat in the upper Findus stand as he hasn't had a ST in nearly 20 years. ;) ;)
Posted by: Mariner56, September 24, 2021, 7:20am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
Very harsh. Not his fault he’s injured and when he is fit im looking forward to seeing him play

I agree! He’s the forgotten man at the moment but could be like a new signing once he’s fit.  I remember reading these comments by Plymouth fans, sounds like he’s going to be worth the wait.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-grimsby-town-fans-grant-5644391.amp
Posted by: ska face, September 24, 2021, 7:23am; Reply: 13

It wasn’t that long ago you yourself were crawling round Holloway’s ársehole. If that didn’t teach you not to jump to conclusions I’m not sure what will. Maybe cut the bloke some slack.
Posted by: Caveman, September 24, 2021, 7:58am; Reply: 14
In the pre-season match at Blundell park I thought he
had the makings of a decent player.

Get himself fit and he could be a useful member of what
is now becoming to look like a strong squad..
Posted by: golfer, September 24, 2021, 8:08am; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Nothing better to do?

Roses are red violets are b--------------      
Posted by: RonMariner, September 24, 2021, 10:00am; Reply: 16
Hopefully he will be fit soon, will be an exciting addition to the squad.
Posted by: quebec38, September 24, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 17
Sad digging out a player for being injured. Like a player wants to be hobbling about unable to play? Really weird accusation.
Posted by: denni266, September 24, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 18
Anyone know what his injury is / was ?
Posted by: golfer, September 24, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from denni266
Anyone know what his injury is / was ?

Depression ---reading WB Jockstraps post
Posted by: immariner, September 24, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 20

It was said before the season started that it was sh it or bust for Max with regards his injuries.

I only mentioned Grant because he has been missing since pre-season with no return anytime soon.

But what is your point? It's almost as if physical injury is an occupational hazard in professional sport eh. Do you think we would send someone to St George's Park if they were twagging?
Posted by: Kris2, September 24, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 21

So it's "give Max a chance" even though he only played a small number of times last season and has struggled from injuries since pre season, came off the bench and got injured again but "get rid in January" for Joel who just got here. Grant played 22 times last season in League One with 20 of those in league games. Max hobbled on to just 6 league appearances and 2 cup appearances. All evidence points to Max being far more injury prone season by season and you still stop short of putting the same pressure on him by saying he should go in January if he can't get fit and play consistently.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 24, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 22
Give him the treatment he needs and the recovery and rehab. That way, when he does return, we will get the best out of him. Nothing worse than rushing a player back too early.

We need to be patient.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 24, 2021, 6:23pm; Reply: 23
The person most p1ssed off by this I imagine, will be Grant himself.

He's been described as a hard grafting team player by fans of previous cubs; the type Hurst goes for in fact. I bet he can't wait to get fit and firing in a winning team with an excellent crowd behind him.

Doesn't strike me as either a shirker or injury prone, rather just a player who is currently injured.

Would it have been any different had he played a few games before he got injured?
Posted by: Poojah, September 24, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 24
If memory serves, Wayne Burnett was chronically injured post his 1998 heroics. Slightly odd that the OP should forget that.

Then again, the OP is slightly odd.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, September 24, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 25
I posted a couple of weeks ago when I met him on Cleethorpes seafront…..
He was gutted he was injured……said he pushed himself too hard to get back and made it worse. He wasn’t offering to say what the injury was.
You could see he was desperate to prove himself and was amazed at the support the team have.
Came across as a genuinely good guy….,
Posted by: bawarmy, September 24, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 26
I forgot we had him to come in too. Happy days. I think he will be too good for this league.
Posted by: Poojah, September 24, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 27

I think that sweeping statement covers the majority of members on here, including most certainly your good self.

2/10. Have another go.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 25, 2021, 9:08am; Reply: 28
Why do people think players (ie people with bills like everyone else) can be ‘released’ during their contract? We’re all town, I’m sure he doesn’t want to be injured and wants to be out there doing what he does.
Posted by: OneLove, September 25, 2021, 9:50am; Reply: 29
i heard he's been in the studio with his brother eddie recording 'where goner rock down to imperial avenue'
Posted by: Henryscat, September 25, 2021, 11:21pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Why do people think players (ie people with bills like everyone else) can be ‘released’ during their contract? We’re all town, I’m sure he doesn’t want to be injured and wants to be out there doing what he does.

I’d like to see the back of Danny Rose to be fair
Posted by: Poojah, September 25, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Henryscat

I’d like to see the back of Danny Rose to be fair

I respect everyone’s take on life but I’m not sure that The Fishy is the place for homoeroticism.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:57am