Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, September 21, 2021, 8:45am
Baffles me how the bloke is still held in such high regard within the football community.. at least town fans are getting some questions in and their opinions known.

Definitely wouldn’t suggest going to ask some more questions…

[tweet]1440063948267474952[/tweet]
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 21, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 1
Think I would rather go to the dentist than listen to the shite this man speaks
Posted by: RichMariner, September 21, 2021, 12:25pm; Reply: 2
Belongs in the bin. If all he's got left in his football life is the adulation from a few Soccer AM fans then he's got everything he deserves... because he's not remembered too fondly by many of the teams he's managed.

And as much as he has this quirky persona in the football media, behind it, where the real game lives, he hasn't got much standing any more. People do talk. His time is up.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 21, 2021, 12:31pm; Reply: 3
wamker
Posted by: GrimRob, September 21, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 4
He comes up with some great one-liners. The problem is he is a total fraud. The best place for him is the backwaters of the media. He shouldn't be allowed near a professional side.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 21, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 5
Belongs with JSF in Room 101
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 21, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 6
I’ve had a colonoscopy this morning and they found a couple of quotes from Holloway up there. I was still try to get rid of them.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 21, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
wamker

Is that someone who masturbates whilst listening to Club Tropicana?

(yes I know that would be Whamker.....)
Posted by: Poojah, September 21, 2021, 3:24pm; Reply: 8

Is that someone who masturbates whilst listening to Club Tropicana?

(yes I know that would be Whamker.....)

Doesn’t everyone do that?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 21, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah

Doesn’t everyone do that?

No. The soundtrack to my masturbation is usually the quiet sobs of desperation and emptiness....
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 21, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 10

No. The soundtrack to my masturbation is usually the quiet sobs of desperation and emptiness....

Ah. The Town dressing room under Holloway. !!!
Posted by: mariner91, September 21, 2021, 6:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Think I would rather go to the dentist than listen to the shite this man speaks

Nothing wrong with dentists! In fact I've never met one who's as bad at their job as Holloway is/was.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 21, 2021, 6:46pm; Reply: 12
Literally the only people left that think this absolute flipping club ruining charlatan is funny or any good are folk who know intercourse all about football…
Posted by: Poojah, September 21, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from aldi_01
Literally the only people left that think this absolute flipping club ruining charlatan is funny or any good are folk who know intercourse all about football…

I’m not sure about that. He’s a cunningly deceitful guy. When he bailed out when it became clear Fenty was on his way, he came up with this narrative that he couldn’t work with the new owners, almost as if it would have been disrespectful to his mate Fenty.

Had he been genuine, he’d have had no problem whatsoever working with the new owners (had they wanted him, of course), but it gave him a convenient narrative to distance himself from the burning wreck he’d left smouldering in the background.

Of course, to anyone that had followed the story closely and had witnessed how the events unfolded, that excuse, that downright lie is utterly transparent. But your average non-Town fan isn’t likely to read past or remember anything more than the headline or first paragraph. I suspect that for most people who even remember that Holloway managed Town, or even that we still exist, their perception is more a case of “Fúcking hell, Grimsby are such a basket case even Ian Holloway couldn’t save them”. He won’t be remembered, outside of this Town, as one of the key accomplices in our demise.

The complete and utter shyster.
Posted by: Total Hawsehole, September 21, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 14
Holloway and Happy Hour is an oxymoron. Minus the oxy.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 21, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Posh Harry
I’ve had a colonoscopy this morning and they found a couple of quotes from Holloway up there. I was still try to get rid of them.

hope youre ok
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 21, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from bobbyturtle

hope youre ok

Cheers mate. Waiting for some results but early signs were positive apparently 🤞
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:54am