Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: SWMariner, September 20, 2021, 11:02pm
Just booked to go over there next summer. Am I right in thinking there’s a pub/bar over there run by a Grimsby fan with memorabilia adorned, as my missus will hate it if I take her there so feel it’s a must stop if there is
Posted by: Brough Mariner, September 20, 2021, 11:44pm; Reply: 1
Used to be but was there last year and it’s shut now
Posted by: coddy60, September 21, 2021, 7:19am; Reply: 2
Quoted from SWMariner
Just booked to go over there next summer. Am I right in thinking there’s a pub/bar over there run by a Grimsby fan with memorabilia adorned, as my missus will hate it if I take her there so feel it’s a must stop if there is

Used to be Mariners on the Marina, ran by Steve Lewis and his wife, who at one time ran the Carnival in Barton. Believe they have moved down one of the side streets now, but cant remember the name of the place.
Posted by: coddy60, September 21, 2021, 7:23am; Reply: 3
It's the Red Lion, Fuengirola.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 21, 2021, 8:33am; Reply: 4
Quoted from coddy60

Used to be Mariners on the Marina, ran by Steve Lewis and his wife, who at one time ran the Carnival in Barton. Believe they have moved down one of the side streets now, but cant remember the name of the place.

I remember Steve, I was Licensee of the Carnival for about a year until the Lessee ran out of money.

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 21, 2021, 8:37am; Reply: 5
They now own Desperate Dan's Pie shop still in the same town.
Posted by: acko338, September 21, 2021, 8:40am; Reply: 6
Steve and Gill are my brother and sister in law and they have sold the Red Lion.

They now run Desperate Dan's pie shop which is on the same block as their 2nd venture which was the Mariner's pub.

Situated on the opposite side of the large port car park, easilt found with Steve's scooter parked outside.

If SW wants to pm me, I can let him know recommended pubs and food places around where he is staying.

If you haven't got a transfer organised, use the Malaga to Fuengirola speedy train service which drops you right in the centre of town.

We take bags with wheels, as most bigger hotels or private lettings are within 400 yards of that station.

Direct trains in both directions run every 20 minutes.... on the dot !

We've used the train for night trips to Torrelmolinos ir day trips to the lively city of Malaga.

The zoo is well worth a visit.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 21, 2021, 8:46am; Reply: 7

I used to live across the road from Steve's brother Dave on Windsor Road Cleethorpes.

Dave and his wife were on one of the episodes when the bar was featured on Channel 4's "A New Life in the Sun".
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, September 21, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 8
Anyone know what time the trains stop running as I will be arriving late into Malaga?
Posted by: Marinerdan, September 21, 2021, 9:05am; Reply: 9
Quoted from acko338
Steve and Gill are my brother and sister in law and they have sold the Red Lion.

They now run Desperate Dan's pie shop which is on the same block as their 2nd venture which was the Mariner's pub.

Situated on the opposite side of the large port car park, easilt found with Steve's scooter parked outside.

If SW wants to pm me, I can let him know recommended pubs and food places around where he is staying.

If you haven't got a transfer organised, use the Malaga to Fuengirola speedy train service which drops you right in the centre of town.

We take bags with wheels, as most bigger hotels or private lettings are within 400 yards of that station.

Direct trains in both directions run every 20 minutes.... on the dot !

We've used the train for night trips to Torrelmolinos ir day trips to the lively city of Malaga.

The zoo is well worth a visit.

This reminds me how much I miss travelling!

We did Faro - Seville - Malaga a few years ago and the trains where really easy and really good quality. I seem to remember you had to book a seat rather than just cramming everyone on like we do in the UK.
Posted by: acko338, September 21, 2021, 9:34am; Reply: 10
The last train arrives in Fuengirola at 12.30am if the running times are still the same this year.

We missed filming with Steve and Gill with Dave and Mandy by three days.

Again, if the same, no booking required, easy to use ticket vending machines at the airport and every stop along the way.

Booking office at Fuengirola. Keep loose change handy to pay - incredibly cheap travel ! Less than €5 each for the full 13 stops.
Posted by: golfer, September 21, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 11
From the headline I thought we had just signed a Spanish striker
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:24am