Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 20, 2021, 1:17am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97S446gMBAA&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 20, 2021, 6:59am; Reply: 1
The second goal really is very good…
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 20, 2021, 7:02am; Reply: 2
Second goal was a fantastic strike but it does tickle me that Taylor is looking around with no idea where the ball had gone!..
Posted by: Poojah, September 20, 2021, 8:42am; Reply: 3
One minor constructive criticism in these times where feedback appears to be being taken on board, is that we appear to be missing some key opposition opportunities from the highlights.

The Eastleigh highlights omit the free header they had at the back post at 1-0, and there was that double block from Crookes (I think?) in front of goal in the Wrexham game. Whilst I’m naturally more interested in Town’s attacking highlights, I’d prefer to see a more balanced reflection of the game.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 20, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah
One minor constructive criticism in these times where feedback appears to be being taken on board, is that we appear to be missing some key opposition opportunities from the highlights.

The Eastleigh highlights omit the free header they had at the back post at 1-0, and there was that double block from Crookes (I think?) in front of goal in the Wrexham game. Whilst I’m naturally more interested in Town’s attacking highlights, I’d prefer to see a more balanced reflection of the game.

We've often criticised other clubs for being biased like that. I get excited by a good bit of defending, like the double block on Tuesday and it shows those who can't get to games just what our team is capable of.

I think we have to provide a full match to a central system so the opposition have full access to what we do well and where are our weaknesses are anyway.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 20, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 5
The lay-off by McAtee was sublime and so subtle.  The shot was then even better than I remembered.

I make that 7 consecutive home goals of rare quality.  We could have our own MOTD goal of the season.

Posted by: AussieMariner, September 20, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 6
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The lay-off by McAtee was sublime and so subtle.  The shot was then even better than I remembered.

I make that 7 consecutive home goals of rare quality.  We could have our own MOTD goal of the season.

The 3 at Torquay weren’t too shabby either
Posted by: Poojah, September 20, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 7
Quoted from AussieMariner

The 3 at Torquay weren’t too shabby either

I think it’s fair to say that all our goals this season, penalties aside, have been decent. We’ve not really had anything go in off anyone’s àrse or a goalkeeping howler yet.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 20, 2021, 10:16am; Reply: 8
I think we can put to bed that song "We Never Score From A Corner".

For this season at least.  :)
Posted by: Mariner John, September 20, 2021, 10:21am; Reply: 9
I just wish these were longer, to give us who can't attend a greater feel for the game. The whole match has been filmed somewhere, seems a waste not to use most of it, to keep us keen.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 20, 2021, 10:29am; Reply: 10
Header worthy of Paul Groves.
Posted by: toontown, September 20, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Poojah

Not even the oppo chances, it seems bizarre not to include Harry cliftons first half headed chance in the highlights which was a great opportunity but isn't included I don't think.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, September 20, 2021, 12:03pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin
I think we can put to bed that song "We Never Score From A Corner".

For this season at least.  :)

Yes, it's all down to the delivery from Hunt. He drills the ball, arrow like, with power, none of the floated balls or those that hit the first man.

Very difficult to defend against and the power is already there, just needs redirecting towards the goal, as Efete and Waterfall will testify.
Posted by: thefish, September 20, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 13
Is it me, or does it sound like the commentator says something other than 'Fox' when he smashed it in?

Very Partridge-esque!
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 20, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from toontown

Not even the oppo chances, it seems bizarre not to include Harry cliftons first half headed chance in the highlights which was a great opportunity but isn't included I don't think.

I assume that's down to Dale Ladson's replacement?
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 20, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 15
Both wonderful goals for different reasons. Great to see the Pontoon erupt with that second one, he really caught hold of it! Wild scenes.
Posted by: Poojah, September 20, 2021, 10:32pm; Reply: 16
Moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tccHU4tPyDA
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 20, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 17
The NL paper has a bonus for Town fans this week.  There is coverage of the Eastleigh win, and a 2 full page report on our great win over Wrexham.  The latter report has big headlines. 😃
Posted by: GrimPol, September 21, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

I think it’s fair to say that all our goals this season, penalties aside, have been decent. We’ve not really had anything go in off anyone’s àrse or a goalkeeping howler yet.

Also, the fact that 9 players have scored, hence goals are popping in from all over the place, making the team more robust and less dependant on a "star" player.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:00pm