Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LH, September 19, 2021, 10:00am
In light of someone else’s reappearance and inspired by a DN35 podcast Twitter post please list here a positive change that you’ve seen this season:

Mine is the big crowds being rewarded with good performances. This helps long term success as shown by them lot down the road.
Posted by: lukeo, September 19, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 1
Beat me to it Leon.

Atmosphere and just the general feel around the club. I went to Torquay and everyone was just beaming smiling even after the mammoth journey. UTM
Posted by: Caesar, September 19, 2021, 10:13am; Reply: 2
Was thinking the same. For me the statements put out by the club where they listen to fans concerns and are not defensive but set out what they can and will do as a result to improve match day experiences in the future. It is so good to see.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 19, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 3
Dare I say it.

A rejuvenated Paul Hurst. He just seems so much happier and relaxed this time round.
Yes of course he is older and wiser.  But it’s more than that I think. I guess getting the full backing of your boss and being left alone to do the job must be a big factor.

UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 19, 2021, 10:29am; Reply: 4
- The return of ball boys (and girls hopefully) and that giving your shirt away to a kid at the end of the game is deemed acceptable by the club.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 19, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 5
Having the club run by bright people
Posted by: grimps, September 19, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 6
It’s all about the Nachos
Posted by: chelseacity, September 19, 2021, 11:07am; Reply: 7
Bruce Lee said “Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.” Today after 20 years we have found the light.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 19, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 8
Forgot to add, professionals being brought in and paid to do jobs where real experience and expertise is required. Enthusiastic amateurs engaged, involved and embraced to play their part too.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 19, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 9
People smiling in BP. From Jason and Andrew to Debbie to the staff, the players and the fans.

The blanket of gloom has gone. Hopefully forever.
Posted by: EvilFish, September 19, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 10
Professionalism and engagement. Proper engagement at that, not just lip service.

And all the other "little touches" that are the icing on the cake, but show that the club is listening and cares about its supporters.

A proper place for the Trust in helping to run the club.
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, September 19, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 11
Optimism
Posted by: fishyfanny, September 19, 2021, 11:14am; Reply: 12
I bought a ticket for yesterday's game in the upper a week and a half before the game. When I got to my seat, there was a reserved label on it. Concerned that the seat was reserved for a season ticket holder, I spoke to a steward who took my ticket away and went to ask at the ticket office. He came back with good news and all was good.
So, it's the little things like that, great customer service and a positive attitude.
UTM
Posted by: RexFannies, September 19, 2021, 11:37am; Reply: 13
The fact that anyone under 20 may now get to witness what us oldies did. Mr F is all they’ve ever known so have nothing to compare it with.
Posted by: lukeo, September 19, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 14
The non league football paper!! Almost forgot about it since we left non league, the shop right near mine sell it so I'll be buying one every week until we're promoted again! Its a great read. UTM
Posted by: Teesknees, September 19, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 15
The toilets don't smell of 7 day old p*iss anymore!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, September 19, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 16
Innovations (Fan Zone) and positive engagement on the part of the owners.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 19, 2021, 5:47pm; Reply: 17
For me personally, being able to love my football club without feeling stupid for doing so.
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, September 19, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 18
Actually looking forward to match days.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 19, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 19

I have to say the pitch has never looked as good as it does now.

Posted by: Kris2, September 19, 2021, 6:37pm; Reply: 20
Seeing the effects of the new owners bringing in new people and looking at the things they can improve in the short and long term. We already see smaller improvements in the matchday experience, food available in the ground and small improvements to the ground. Paul Hurst and his staff seems to be listened to when it comes to what he needs for his team and he seems much more like he's enjoying himself this time around, less pressure helps I'm sure but having the owners look at what we had in place for facilities and staff and saying "this isn't good enough" is a boost for any coaching team.

The team feels very together already and put in real effort, they seem to believe in what Paul Hurst wants them to do and  show desire to win each game. They also seem to have a good relationship with the owners and staff at the club along with the fans, everyone smiles more and that includes the fans. For myself I can't remember the last time I went to matches and didn't come away feeling stressed and angry at the lack of effort and drive on the pitch and what is going on off it. It felt like for ages now we don't go down fighting and even when we win it doesn't feel like we really deserved it.

When we last got promoted even though we played well as a team it didn't feel like they really enjoyed playing for us for the most part, some of that will be pressure but probably more the club and how it's run, many left after that playoffs win and it felt like they did it for Hurst and not for the club. A lot going on behind the scenes seemed to kill the spirit of that team and Hurst would leave soon into our first league 2 season too. Perhaps the most positive is that the team look like they want to be here and want to be around the fans.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 19, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 21
The buzz outside the ground. Ive been arriving at the ground at 2.55 for about the last 15 years and I was there at 2 on Saturday, sat outside the imp eating chips and watching hoards of smiling faces milling towards the ground.

Then when you get in the ground, the music is off for 15 minutes before the kick off and it feels proper, like it used to at big games.

People are getting there early and minor changes are making a fairly big difference.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 19, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 22
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/timeline

My brother buzzing singing his own town songs
Posted by: barrattstandman, September 19, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 23
Many congrats to the new owners and PH and Doig . But I feel one person who is an unsung hero in our season . That is Greg Howard our trainer who has got a team fitter than any Town side for many a year .
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 19, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 24
I quite like having 15 points before Christmas.
Posted by: lukeo, September 19, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from barrattstandman
Many congrats to the new owners and PH and Doig . But I feel one person who is an unsung hero in our season . That is Greg Howard our trainer who has got a team fitter than any Town side for many a year .

Hi Greg
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 19, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 26
The whole area is buzzing. Had to go to the Supermarket after match, lost count of how many asked about them game. Never happened on this scale before. Definitely winning the community over.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 19, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 27
Then v Now.

You decide.

No more needs to be said.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 19, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 28
Thinking that I'm getting value for my hard earnt, in all aspects, apart from wanting the marching band back!
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 19, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 29
I’m an exile with a season ticket so end up parking closer to Issac’s Hill these days. But walking down with my son yesterday afternoon, it almost felt like a carnival. Remember saying to him it felt like the whole town was out today.
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 19, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner
Optimism

🤙 UTM - Great start
PH knows complacency won’t happen.
Posted by: toontown, September 19, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 31
It's being listened to by the owners who are striving to improve us, being managed in a hard working proffeeional way, and having players that are fully committed and playing with passion and skill. Oh and fans that are doing their bit by backing the team massively and taking advantage of the clubs positive changes.

I was at the ground at about 1.35 on Saturday and it was already busy and had to queue to get in the fan zone, but the team is justifying the enthusiasm.

I'm just so enthusiastic about town at the moment and loving it!
Posted by: AussieMariner, September 19, 2021, 10:23pm; Reply: 32
Just knowing that sometime soon some poor sods are going to get a right good tonking because we’ve got a proper team with skill, speed, balls and fantastic team spirit.
Oh and great support. Couldn’t believe the noise in the Upper on Saturday.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 20, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 33
I'm just hoping that when/if we lose a couple of games, the usual suspects won't get back on here slagging everybody off, very rarely does any team in any League win every game in a season.
Posted by: Townforlife, September 20, 2021, 10:43am; Reply: 34
I've noticed a few improvements: Honesty, Decency, Integrity, Endeavour, Respect, Innovation, Communication, Investment, Optimism, Intelligence, Dignity, Pride, Quality, Teamwork, Improvement, Listening, Positivity
And a winning team
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 20, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Hagrid
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/timeline

My brother buzzing singing his own town songs

Awesome, I think Harry also sent him a PM as well didn’t he?
Posted by: Youngy, September 20, 2021, 11:43am; Reply: 36
For me, it's non-town fans talking to me about how well Town are doing and saying they need to come and catch a game, after years of misery, this has been lovely.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 20, 2021, 11:50am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Teesknees
The toilets don't smell of 7 day old p*iss anymore!

Thats if you can get in to have one in time!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 20, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Townforlife
I've noticed a few improvements: Honesty, Decency, Integrity, Endeavour, Respect, Innovation, Communication, Investment, Optimism, Intelligence, Dignity, Pride, Quality, Teamwork, Improvement, Listening, Positivity
And a winning team

Yeah but when did Honesty, Decency, Integrity, Endeavour, Respect, Innovation, Communication, Investment, Optimism, Intelligence, Dignity, Pride, Quality, Teamwork, Improvement, Listening, Positivity, and a winning team get you three points on a Saturday, Tuesday, and on the following Saturday?

Oh!  

;D
Posted by: TinklerMan, September 20, 2021, 12:02pm; Reply: 39
New supporters. Adopted Mariners fans that's what my family are

Our second game on Saturday and so far we haven't seen anything to put us off coming along to support the Mariners. Thinking of bringing my daughter along to watch the ladies team too. Do they play at Blundell Park and is there a fixture list anywhere?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 20, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 40
Pre-Covid it was starting to become a bit of a chore going to see Town.

It was like, oh well Town are at home, I suppose I better go and see them.

Now, I can't wait for the next game and the excitement of supporting your team, is well and truly definitely back.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 20, 2021, 12:39pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Awesome, I think Harry also sent him a PM as well didn’t he?

he did mate, did a video message for him
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 20, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Hagrid

he did mate, did a video message for him

A great example of players engaging with the support!!!
Posted by: lukeo, September 20, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 43
I'm planning my trip up to grimsby based around when we're at home October half term
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 20, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Townforlife
And a winning team

Think you have named 1 too many subs  thought you could just name 5  so a match day squad of 16
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 20, 2021, 10:39pm; Reply: 45
The NL paper seems devoted mainly to us.  our win over Eastleigh covered plus 2 full pages on our great win over Wrexham.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 2, 2021, 11:35pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from AussieMariner
Just knowing that sometime soon some poor sods are going to get a right good tonking because we’ve got a proper team with skill, speed, balls and fantastic team spirit.

Hehe
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 3, 2021, 2:09pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from AussieMariner
Just knowing that sometime
Quoted Text
soon Dover are going to get a right good tonking because we’ve got a proper team with skill, speed, balls and fantastic team spirit.

Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:32am