Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, September 15, 2021, 7:31pm
Was talking to somebody at work today, and we were talking about last night, and she mentioned how she could hear the fans roaring from Carr lane (the Old Clee end) sounds like a brilliant game, and absolutely gutted I missed it, let’s hope we pack the park again on Saturday.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 15, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 1
When I was a kid in the late 70s we lived just at the bottom of Pastures St and used to walk to games I still remember the amount of supporters walking to the bigger night games and how when we got to the top of Buller St you could see the glare of the old floodlights over the top of Grant Thorold park, sometimes the experience of going to the match isn’t about what happens in the ground.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
When I was a kid in the late 70s we lived just at the bottom of Pastures St and used to walk to games I still remember the amount of supporters walking to the bigger night games and how when we got to the top of Buller St you could see the glare of the old floodlights over the top of Grant Thorold park, sometimes the experience of going to the match isn’t about what happens in the ground.

Walking to the game last night was like days of old. Fans galore down all the streets.

Sometimes in the dark days of our various downturns, I could walk from Old Clee to the ground and only see a handful of supporters along the way.
Posted by: always grimsby, September 15, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 3
In the McMenemy era
My aunt and uncle who lived in Millar Ave
Of Carr lane always new when town scored
From the noise
This is before Town commentary on radio humberside
and because he was disabled and couldn’t attend he used to sit outside in his garden to gauge how Town were doing
even in mid winter !!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 11:33pm; Reply: 4
Same here. Grew up near Beacon Hill School/MH upper and you could hear when Town scored.
Posted by: grimps, September 16, 2021, 1:24am; Reply: 5
I can Remember hearing it from Clee leisure centre years ago
Posted by: Humbercod, September 16, 2021, 6:54am; Reply: 6
Used to hear it from spurn point when I worked in the lighthouse.
Posted by: Oggyfish, September 16, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 7
I remember almost hearing the Main stand singing from the upper Findus 😂 only joking 😉
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:19am