Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Scenes on toast, September 14, 2021, 11:14pm
We simply have to keep this lad all season. As PH said post-match Saturday, plays when he can and clears when he should. Lads got a big future ahead if him 🖤🤍
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2021, 11:18pm; Reply: 1

Ryley T was MOTM for me, great presence and exudes confidence.
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 14, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 2
Needs keeping for the season and I don’t see why not. Top player
Posted by: Scenes on toast, September 14, 2021, 11:22pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Got Championship swagger, We'll take that 💪
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 14, 2021, 11:25pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Played very well but hard to look beyond Waterfall for MOM, won every challenge in the air and on the ground and scored a great header so that will do for me.
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 14, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 5
Excellent start from the young lad. Kept Danny Wright and Paul Mullin in his pocket.

Sounds like he has a good level of composure on the ball aswell.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 11:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mikey_345
Excellent start from the young lad. Kept Danny Wright and Paul Mullin in his pocket.

Sounds like he has a good level of composure on the ball aswell.

Must have bloody long legs to do that.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 15, 2021, 1:27am; Reply: 7
Great find by PH
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 15, 2021, 3:57am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Played very well but hard to look beyond Waterfall for MOM, won every challenge in the air and on the ground and scored a great header so that will do for me.

I thought Waterfall was fast asleep with their goal.
Posted by: golfer, September 15, 2021, 8:43am; Reply: 9
The lad can gain valuable experience playing alongside Waterfall - you can see why top clubs loan their youngsters out.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, September 15, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 10
Grew as the game went on looked very calm and assuring second half waterfall has improved in each game played fantastic again from the back 4 👏
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 15, 2021, 9:29am; Reply: 11
Real competition to keep your place in defence this year, maybe has spurred waterfall on a tad.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, September 15, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

Must have bloody long legs to do that.

Or just very deep pockets. Which is ironic considering Wrexham’s backers.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 15, 2021, 1:16pm; Reply: 13
Of all the players who were here last season (I now there's not that many), Waterfall is barely regonisable to the player he was last season. So much improvement in his game.
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 14
I thought Waterfall was playing pretty well during the early stages of the flat capped loon's period of management. After Covid hit, he was as poorly prepared at the start of the next season as the rest of the squad and never got going.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 15, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 15
just met my friend for a drink on lunch and we both said the same thing, the 2 cb's were superb and pearson and DLK are going to have to do a lot to get themselves back in the side
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 15, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
I thought Waterfall was playing pretty well during the early stages of the flat capped loon's period of management. After Covid hit, he was as poorly prepared at the start of the next season as the rest of the squad and never got going.

When someone comes in, those early stages are usually pretty much "business as usual" with a few minor tweaks.

Once he started believing his own hype, disaster struck and I think whatever the end result, the season couldn't end quick enough for a large number of them.

Hurst is very good at identifying what people are good at and getting a team playing to those strengths. Efete is given a lot more freedom to bomb forward whilst Crookes is a bit more cautious in that regard.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 15, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 17
Towler and Waterfall feels much more of a complimentary pairiing that Waterfall and Pearson. Those three with David LK gives us real options at the back. Squad looks good now with Grant, LJL and maybe even Scannell to come back. A nippy poacher up front would still be bloody nice though.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 15, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 18
He's scored 29 career goals from what I can see — that's an impressive return for an out-and-out centre back, no matter what level you're at.

Did Hurst's time at Shrewsbury overlap with Waterfall's?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 15, 2021, 5:22pm; Reply: 19
I don't think so if Wikipedia is to be trusted. Looks like they missed each other by about 3 months.
Posted by: LN8Mariner, September 15, 2021, 11:50pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin
Of all the players who were here last season (I now there's not that many), Waterfall is barely regonisable to the player he was last season. So much improvement in his game.

I was chatting to an Imps supporting friend today and he says it sounds like Waterfall is doing the same for us as he did there. Pre Cowleys he was a little bit of a lump but then the Cowleys came and got better players around him (interestingly Habergham was mentioned) then Waterfall did not get turned over as much as he was not trying to cover here, there and everywhere. In a poor team with a poor defence maybe he was losing position last season but with better players and systems he can thrive. Hurst seems to have seen this last season when most fans wanted him out the team and hopefully his current form and obvious experience will be maintained.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 11:55pm; Reply: 21
Get a team who understand their roles and they perform better. Think it’s as simple as that. Not just that you know your role, but that you know your teammates know there’s. Huge difference from the chaos that applied last year.

Reminds me of Buckley’s comment about Shaun Cunnington when playing for Sunderland. “He looks like a man in search of a job description.”
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:54pm