Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, September 13, 2021, 8:43pm
Saw he commented on one of Town's facebook posts, praising the away support at Torquay. Anyone have any specific fond memories of his time here?

https://www.facebook.com/281410748577117/posts/4598517863533029/?substory_index=0
Posted by: Fette Schlange, September 13, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 1
Looks like he enjoys good food and travelling, with his daughter.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 13, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 2
Scored a penalty v Portsmouth in the first game I can properly remember being at (I’d been to numerous games before but this Is the one I really remember). Everyone on the school trip got taken around the ground and we got seated in the osmond (when there was standing at the front) , so probably why I have an affiliation with the stand!

He Became my first ‘town hero’ and in all honesty, got me hooked on being a town. I wanted to actually call my son riordon, but the wife got her way.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 13, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 3
Used to live down Freeston street, nice bloke he always had time for us kids back then.
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 13, 2021, 11:03pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Scored a penalty v Portsmouth in the first game I can properly remember being at (I’d been to numerous games before but this Is the one I really remember). Everyone on the school trip got taken around the ground and we got seated in the osmond (when there was standing at the front) , so probably why I have an affiliation with the stand!

He Became my first ‘town hero’ and in all honesty, got me hooked on being a town. I wanted to actually call my son riordon, but the wife got her way.

What is his name? Don O’ I assume? 🙂
Posted by: toontown, September 13, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 5
I remember he was in the team of the season for the national sunday paper old Charles ekberg used to report for, even though we got relegated in 87/88, his ratings were that good. I only saw him play a couple of times as was just before  I started going 'properly'
Posted by: Gilbertswand, September 14, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 6
I remember him as a strong powerful cm/cb who had a shot like a horse,
Posted by: tashee69, September 14, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from toontown
I remember he was in the team of the season for the national sunday paper old Charles ekberg used to report for, even though we got relegated in 87/88, his ratings were that good. I only saw him play a couple of times as was just before  I started going 'properly'

It was the Sunday People.
He was a class player, somehow he managed to get relegated three times in four seasons (only twice with us)
Posted by: MrFisherman, September 15, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 8
He follows all his ex clubs and is always asking Grimsby doing and asked quite a lot about the new owners 🤫
Posted by: Misterton Mariner, September 15, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 9
Came to Matthew Humberstone and took part in a quiz. He was brilliant with the kids...had a good career at Carlisle .. a real gentleman
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 15, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 10
Did he miss the penalty the last game of the season at home to Aldershot that would have kept us up? Or was he the regular penalty taker but left it to someone else who missed it? Might be completely confusing it but vague recollection that he got grief for it.
Posted by: Withnail, September 15, 2021, 7:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Did he miss the penalty the last game of the season at home to Aldershot that would have kept us up? Or was he the regular penalty taker but left it to someone else who missed it? Might be completely confusing it but vague recollection that he got grief for it.

That was Marc North.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, September 15, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 12

Yeah he was the regular taker that season not sure why North took it..
Remember O'Riordan scoring a free kick against WBA think we won 3-1 he put it under the wall..
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 15, 2021, 8:19pm; Reply: 13
That's it. Was a good player but he didn't seem to fancy that penalty. North had it saved and we went down and Aldershot into the play offs when they were relegation amd promotion.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 15, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 14
my memory of O'Riordan was that he was not only classy ,but actually had a bit of fight about him, which made him a shining beacon in that really krap side
Posted by: Quagmire, September 15, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 15
That's it. Was a good player but he didn't seem to fancy that penalty. North had it saved and we went down and Aldershot into the play offs when they were relegation amd promotion.

I thought Kev Jobling was the penalty taker at the time?  
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:05pm