Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Green27, September 8, 2021, 8:30pm
We have Gary Cohen on the pod tomorrow. If you have any questions for the man get them in on the link below.

[url]https://app.sli.do/event/nz6wxpuw[/url]
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 8, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 1
Weird that we were the only football league club he played for with less than 50 games. Thought he was decent
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 9:54pm; Reply: 2
What happened, Gary?
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 9:57pm; Reply: 3
Is it controversial to suggest that Michael Reddy wasn't our fastest player that season?

https://youtu.be/GXxgphXTobc
Posted by: ginnywings, September 8, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 4
Was a big fan of Cohen. He had a strange career to say the least.
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Was a big fan of Cohen. He had a strange career to say the least.

He was a really good player, sad that things didn’t work out for him in football. He didn’t play that many games for Town, but I remember him being as fast as fúck with a ridiculously high leap when it came to aerial balls - he was a proper athlete. I don’t remember him being particularly tricky, but he managed to bring everything together without being a Serge Makofo-esque loose cannon.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 8, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 6
Cohen was very unlucky with injuries. Always struck me as a natural athlete who was probably decent at any sport he attempted.
Posted by: Maringer, September 8, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 7
The other thing I remember about him is that, for some reason, he always seemed to be getting booted up into the air by the opposition. It wasn't just a case of him being a bit too quick and being caught - he always seemed to get clobbered on other occasions for no obvious reason, because he wasn't a dirty player himself.

A real pity that he had the injury issues, because he had that one really good season, playing in various positions.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2021, 10:37pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah
Is it controversial to suggest that Michael Reddy wasn't our fastest player that season?

https://youtu.be/GXxgphXTobc

Away at Cheltenham?
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Away at Cheltenham?

‘Twas. Friday night. Oddly one of those games where I remember where I was at the time (it wasn’t Cheltenham).

https://mobile.twitter.com/onthisGTFCday/status/1316260158155165696
Posted by: moosey_club, September 9, 2021, 12:17am; Reply: 10
One of my all time favourite goals that one.

Thank you Gary for your all too short time here.

Posted by: fiveallive, September 9, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 11
I don't think I have seen a player give as much effort has Gary Cohen he gave 100% every week not the most talented but made up with share grit and effort gave his all at RB, RW and up front.

That midfield in 2005/06 midfield with Bolland, Toner, Woodhouse, Kalala, Parkinson was full effort gave 100%.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 9, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from fiveallive

That midfield in 2005/06 midfield with Bolland, Toner, Woodhouse, Kalala, Parkinson was full effort gave 100%.

Don't forget Terry Barwick and Marc Goodfellow, Junior Mendes too of course!

Cohen really should have been a top, top player.  I think I remember reading something that the injuries he had were ones that were never physically diagnosed and there was a train of thought that it was psychological rather than physiological. Huge shame either way.

Michael Reddy was massive for us in the first half of that 05/06 season but he was carrying injuries galore in the final few months of the season. I do wonder how differently that season would have panned out had Slade rested Reddy when he was struggling and let Cohen have his chance up front.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 12, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 13
A good listen. Was a bit disappointed that the 2005/06 team photo wasn’t brought up in discussion.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 15, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 14
Just listened to it whilst doing the housework!
He came across very well - the story about how he was let down/shafted by Fenty should be another chapter in the book of that horrible man's misdeeds
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 15, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano
Just listened to it whilst doing the housework!
He came across very well - the story about how he was let down/shafted by Fenty should be another chapter in the book of that horrible man's misdeeds

Was there anybody who didn’t get shafted by Fenty?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:48am