Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: IrishMariner, September 1, 2021, 8:50pm
Hi everybody,

I have just booked flights for the Altrincham game and was wondering how I could guarantee some tickets?

All help would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜Š
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 1
Normally you can buy away tickets through GTFC. Not guaranteed though because the host club often wants to keep all sales to themselves.

We probably wonā€™t find out until they go on sale a couple of weeks before the game. Check in here again a bit nearer the time if youā€™re struggling to get a ticket. If capacity is tight then priority goes to season ticket holders, then 1878 members, then Trust members. One of us will be able to help sort you out one way or the other.
Posted by: IrishMariner, September 1, 2021, 10:32pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Normally you can buy away tickets through GTFC. Not guaranteed though because the host club often wants to keep all sales to themselves.

We probably wonā€™t find out until they go on sale a couple of weeks before the game. Check in here again a bit nearer the time if youā€™re struggling to get a ticket. If capacity is tight then priority goes to season ticket holders, then 1878 members, then Trust members. One of us will be able to help sort you out one way or the other.

Thatā€™s great, thanks very much!

Hopefully I can get some without bothering anyone else, itā€™s either that or Iā€™ll be watching quietly in the Home End which wouldnā€™t be ideal!

UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2021, 10:35pm; Reply: 3
No worries. We canā€™t let you come all that way and get chucked out šŸ˜†
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 2, 2021, 11:24am; Reply: 4
GMP will change the kick off to 10am on the morning of that date to prevent trouble
Posted by: IrishMariner, September 2, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
GMP will change the kick off to 10am on the morning of that date to prevent trouble

Suits me, I'm flying in early Tuesday morning ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 2, 2021, 12:23pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from IrishMariner

Suits me, I'm flying in early Tuesday morning ;)

See you there šŸ‘
Posted by: Mariner16, September 2, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 7
Think its 1700 capacity for away fans at Altrincham so no problem getting one.
Posted by: IrishMariner, September 26, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 8
ā€œTickets will be on sale from 10am on Monday 27th September exclusively to season ticket holders on a one-for-one basis. If ordering online, linked accounts can purchase one ticket per account linked. From 10am on Wednesday 29th September, any remaining tickets will be made available for members of the 1878 Club will be able to purchase tickets on a one-for-one basis.

From 10am on Thursday 30th September, any remaining tickets will be made available to members of the Mariners Trust on a one-for-one basis, with tickets being made available on unrestricted general sale from 10am on Friday 1st October.

Tickets can be purchased directly from the Blundell Park ticket office, by calling 01472 605050 or via our online ticketing platform. Orders placed online or via the telephone will be subject to a Ā£1 booking fee per order. The deadline for those requiring postage on their orders will be 3pm on Friday 1st October.ā€

I would appreciate any help from ST holders who donā€™t intend on going to this game! šŸ˜Š
Posted by: Ashby mariner, September 29, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 9
Any idea how many have been sold?
Posted by: Ashby mariner, September 29, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 10
Any idea how many have been sold?
Posted by: forza ivano, September 29, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 11
over 400 someone said on f.b.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 29, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 12
Got mine, another open terrarceā€¦
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 29, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 13
Got mine but annoying that there is an admin fee-for what? putting it in an envelope. Shocking exploitation of exiles.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2021, 9:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Got mine but annoying that there is an admin fee-for what? putting it in an envelope. Shocking exploitation of exiles.

Town tickets have a Ā£1 booking fee.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 29, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 15
Does anybody know the thinking behind making season tickets and 1878 memberships 1 for 1? Seems a slight overkill, especially given Iā€™m going with a few who donā€™t have STā€™s or 1878ā€™s so Iā€™m ending up waiting for general sale to get them despite paying for the membership.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from pontoonlew
Does anybody know the thinking behind making season tickets and 1878 memberships 1 for 1? Seems a slight overkill, especially given Iā€™m going with a few who donā€™t have STā€™s or 1878ā€™s so Iā€™m ending up waiting for general sale to get them despite paying for the membership.

If itā€™s an open terrace does it matter if you buy them at the same time?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2021, 10:43pm; Reply: 17
Do the club use an outside company for selling tickets.

I can't believe that all the retoric about being fan focused they are ripping fans off by charging a booking fee
Posted by: ska face, September 30, 2021, 3:32am; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If itā€™s an open terrace does it matter if you buy them at the same time?

Think the issue is hoping they make it to general sale, otherwise youā€™d end up with 1 person going on their own.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 30, 2021, 7:52am; Reply: 19
Quoted from ska face

Think the issue is hoping they make it to general sale, otherwise youā€™d end up with 1 person going on their own.

Exactly that, no point me buying a ticket now if the other 4 donā€™t end up getting a ticket. Thatā€™s probably not going to happen but itā€™s a risk Iā€™m not taking. The 1878 scheme is a cracking concept but for an exile who drags along a few ā€˜floatersā€™ to away games itā€™s a little bit pointless if I canā€™t get at least a ā€˜plus oneā€™
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 20
Fair point.

Should think there will be enough left over out of 1700 for general sale. Surely?
Posted by: immariner, September 30, 2021, 3:40pm; Reply: 21
One of the advertised benefits was away ticket priority after season ticket holders. Not sure what you or your mates expect if they don't have either when we're taking large away followings at the minute.

As Kingston said, your mates will get tickets but the club still has a duty to ensure those with priority get a fair crack first. Imagine the akternative if the club offered plus 1s for 1878 members and some ST holders and 1878 members missed out. The club'd get pelters
Posted by: Hagrid, September 30, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from immariner
One of the advertised benefits was away ticket priority after season ticket holders. Not sure what you or your mates expect if they don't have either when we're taking large away followings at the minute.

As Kingston said, your mates will get tickets but the club still has a duty to ensure those with priority get a fair crack first. Imagine the akternative if the club offered plus 1s for 1878 members and some ST holders and 1878 members missed out. The club'd get pelters

Completely agree with that, but in your case Lew i dont think you need to worry, tickets will easily reach general sale
Posted by: Ashby mariner, October 2, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 23
After today's win I would say we will sell out our 1000 allocation.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 4, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 24

Just now....

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/altrincham-ticket-update/
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 4, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 25
4th time lucky hopefully. Our previous 3 visits there have seen 2 draws and a defeat so we're overdue a win there.
Posted by: Cod marriner, October 4, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 26
Unfortunately thereā€™s a good chance it will be off, heavy rain from the off in the morning 99% all the way through to the evening šŸ˜«
Posted by: Ashby mariner, October 4, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 27
Rain on bbc looks non stop. Met office not so bad. Fingers crossed.
Posted by: Kris2, October 4, 2021, 2:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Les Brechin
4th time lucky hopefully. Our previous 3 visits there have seen 2 draws and a defeat so we're overdue a win there.

Been a while since the last time we were there so a good time to get rid of a bogy team. Think they are a similar side to us in how they have players who can find a pass and like to run with the ball, expect a tight game. Stuffing Dover is nice but these are the real tests if we want to compete for promotion.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 4, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 29
Was it at Altrincham where McKeown dived for a shot that was going wide, only to palm it straight to their player who scored?
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, October 4, 2021, 3:08pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Les Brechin
Was it at Altrincham where McKeown dived for a shot that was going wide, only to palm it straight to their player who scored?

Yes. He also saved one on the line only for the linesman to give a goal.
Posted by: toontown, October 4, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yes think so, got grief from a town fan afterbthe game and started arguing with him.
Wasn't that match were amond had scored with his head after Hurst had said he needed to improve that,I might be misremembering that tho.
Posted by: ska face, October 4, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from toontown

Yes think so, got grief from a town fan afterbthe game and started arguing with him.
Wasn't that match were amond had scored with his head after Hurst had said he needed to improve that,I might be misremembering that tho.

Think he had a free header at 1-1 from a few yards out and put it wide. Got dropped against Torquay the next match (I think), came on at 2-0 down and scored a header to equalise.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 4, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 33
Was just in the ticket office on my way home to pick my ticket up, only 24 left at this end.

Excellent numbers again for a soggy Tuesday  night over the pennines
Posted by: MarinerDevil, October 4, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 34
More than a thousand sold according to Matt Dean.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 4, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 35
Ive asked on twitter to both clubs but no response. Are brollys allowed? kristine if you can assist?
Posted by: toontown, October 4, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face

Think he had a free header at 1-1 from a few yards out and put it wide. Got dropped against Torquay the next match (I think), came on at 2-0 down and scored a header to equalise.

Yes that sounds like it, your memory is better than mine!
Posted by: Kristine, October 4, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Hagrid
Ive asked on twitter to both clubs but no response. Are brollys allowed? kristine if you can assist?

Asked the question
Posted by: Davec, October 4, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Hagrid

Hopefully Mike hasn't been banned šŸ˜‰
Posted by: Ashby mariner, October 4, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 39
Just hope its on its gives out rain from now until kick off
Posted by: Kristine, October 4, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 40
Brollies are allowed
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Rain on bbc looks non stop. Met office not so bad. Fingers crossed.

You can't believe a word the BBC says these days.  ;)

Posted by: Les Brechin, October 4, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 42
Met Office website is showing rain up until 5pm but no rain after then. Here's hoping that's right.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcqrdx34s#?date=2021-10-05
Posted by: Poojah, October 4, 2021, 7:07pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from MarinerDevil
More than a thousand sold according to Matt Dean.

Yet another brilliant effort that. Not many clubs outside the Championship capable of talking a four-figure following to a regular game, with a 100+ mile journey journey, on a Tuesday night. Quite a few in the Championship wouldnā€™t do it actually.

Posted by: Ashby mariner, October 4, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 44
Your right another great following. I noticed Wigan near the top of league 1 had 130 fans at Gillingham just makes you realise how big our away following is.
Posted by: goldenfish, October 4, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 45
also this isnā€™t going to be a one off , we will have away followings of size everywhere we go ! Players show us commitment and pride , and we will back you all the way .. win , lose or draw šŸŸ  woking next for me
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 4, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Poojah

Yet another brilliant effort that. Not many clubs outside the Championship capable of talking a four-figure following to a regular game, with a 100+ mile journey journey, on a Tuesday night. Quite a few in the Championship wouldnā€™t do it actually.

No club in League 2, even the massive Bradford who are a bit excrement at the moment. League 1, Sunderland, Wednesday, Portsmouth, Ipswich and the magnificent fans of Plymouth thatā€™s about it I think. Lincoln fans seem be reverting to their pre-Cowley habits - not wanting to travel very far (under 300 at Morcambe last week). In the Championship Town fans are travelling in better numbers than Hull and a few others - Reading, Blackburn possibly Peterborough and Luton.

We may not keep it up - even if the good form continues - fuel costs may start to bite a bit more. Perhaps GTFC should gauge demand for more buses
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 47
I wonder how badly fuel prices will affect our away attendances, given wherever we go so many attendees are relatively local.
Posted by: ska face, October 4, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from goldenfish
also this isnā€™t going to be a one off , we will have away followings of size everywhere we go ! Players show us commitment and pride , and we will back you all the way .. win , lose or draw šŸŸ  woking next for me

Well over 500 already shifted for Woking apparently -

https://mobile.twitter.com/nousrembobinons/status/1445071392223997968
Posted by: oochiad, October 4, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 49
Itā€™s quite unbelievable, so proud of our club, owners and fans right now!! UTM!!!!
Posted by: Poojah, October 4, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from oochiad
Itā€™s quite unbelievable, so proud of our club, owners and fans right now!! UTM!!!!

Players arenā€™t doing too shabby eitherā€¦
Posted by: Ashby mariner, October 4, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 51
How many have we, been allocated for Saturday?
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, October 5, 2021, 9:43am; Reply: 52
I'm down Manchester for the day/night, so looking forward to the game tonight.

Just bought my ticket for the away end. #UTM
Posted by: Poojah, October 5, 2021, 5:47pm; Reply: 53
Looking like Altyā€™s biggest mid-week crowd for over 25 years. Should be close to double their average attendance this evening.

Town taking the feel good factor on tour.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:22am