Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, August 31, 2021, 6:57pm
[tweet]1432761867450126337[/tweet]
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 31, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 1
5-3-2 with Revan at left back or 4-4-2 maybe with Revan left mid and Harry right mid?
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 31, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 2
come on town. think the fabulous following will make some noise tonight
Posted by: fishcake63, August 31, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 3
looks like a 3-5-1-1
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 31, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 4
Stockport play 3 or 5 at the back (whichever way you look at it), so it looks like we’re probably matching them up. Efete and revan will need to keep width and get high up the pitch otherwise McAtee looks like the only creative player. With hunt coke and Clifton in there though, there’ll be lots of work rate.

A good test early in the season and looking forward to see how we handle it.
Posted by: Morris Minor, August 31, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 5
He's tinkering already. No Pearson, Fox or Sousa.
Own goal from Waterfall and no clean sheet tonight, UTM
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 31, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Morris Minor

alternatively they are carrying knocks or struggling with hang over affects of covid or some other good reason

Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 31, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Morris Minor

alternatively they are carrying knocks or struggling with hang over affects of covid or some other good reason

Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Hurst did mention words to this effect in his prematch video.

Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 31, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
UTM!!!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 31, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Morris Minor

Given we’ve missed 10 days preparation and he sees them day to day, I trust him to do exactly what’s necessary.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 11
The meat at potatoe pie was almost worth the 30minute que
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 12
https://twitter.com/DebbieCGF/status/1432776606204956678
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 13
Shame there’s no place for Max Wright who made a difference on Saturday.
Posted by: Morris Minor, August 31, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 14
This league is terrible. No i-follow why? It's Division 5 isn't it?

The first away match I've missed on i-follow in the last 2 seasons, still there's always that lot down the road still on i-follow!
??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??)
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33
Shame there’s no place for Max Wright who made a difference on Saturday.

Should still be seven subs, Hurst said so.

Posted by: Mariner93er, August 31, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 16
He said a player had take a knock and they’d have to monitor them this morning, with Wright’s track record, it’ll be no surprise if it’s him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Morris Minor

The first away match I've missed on i-follow in the last 2 seasons, still there's always that lot down the road still on i-follow!
??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??)

Fucoff Scunt
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 31, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Morris Minor

Sack PH - replace with you and keyboard
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 19
Struggling to get Mcatee and Taylor in it. Its scrappy
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 20
This is excrement. Typical Hurst defensive balderdash. We might as well just sit on the half wayline and wait for them. Taylor already looks knackered and McAtees too deep every time we break. Neither fullback can get up the pitch because of the over load.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2021, 8:15pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Morris Minor

??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??)

In the words of great managerial philosopher, if you don’t like it, fu(k off

Or go off and do your stutter rap somewhere else
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 22
Impressed with Gary Henshaw’s analysis. Clearly understands the game really well.
Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 23
This is excrement. Typical Hurst defensive balderdash. We might as well just sit on the half wayline and wait for them. Taylor already looks knackered and McAtees too deep every time we break. Neither fullback can get up the pitch because of the over load.

We are away from home against promotion favourites and they haven't had a single chance in half an hour. Chill mate.
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Hagrid
Struggling to get Mcatee and Taylor in it. Its scrappy

Good to hear from you, all sounds a bit flat on RH with no shots from either team. Ref sounds crap.

Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 25

What OTT Nonsense. Yes we arent getting the strikers in it but we look solid, they havent had a sniff
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Impressed with Gary Henshaw’s analysis. Clearly understands the game really well.

I was just thinking that. Second Division player with us so I suppose he had some good experience.
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 27
They haven’t made a chance yet, so I’d say we’re doing pretty well.
Posted by: Maringer, August 31, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 28
I'd imagine Hurst would be delighted to grind out 0-0 away draws against the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield etc etc. I'd be delighted with that sort of a result, too, especially at this early stage of the season where we aren't properly fit.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 31, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 29

Typical shite from you.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from chaos33
They haven’t made a chance yet, so I’d say we’re doing pretty well.

Commentators curse  ;)

Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 31, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 31

Typical shite from you.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 31, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 32
Crap pass from Coke nearly gifted them a goal.
Posted by: grimps, August 31, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 33
Sounds like Towns team under Ollie , we can’t get out our own half and nobody wants the ball  :-/
Posted by: Humbercod, August 31, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 34
Goal coming for them, same old negative Hurst tactics playing for a draw.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 35
I see the' anti brigade' are out in force tonight, all secretly willing stockport to score so they can unleash their barbs
Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Humbercod
Goal coming for them, same old negative Hurst tactics playing for a draw.

Blimey the boo boys are out tonight in force. I'd imagine he may be playing for a 0-1 win rather than a draw. Who actually hurt you? Was it Paul?
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 37
Same old negatives coming out. Stockport have spent money and we're holding them @ 0 - 0. Come support the team, get behind them.

On other hand, you might have friends down Humberston Ave.
Posted by: MaccasBoots, August 31, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 38
Hold on Town, get to half time
Posted by: Humbercod, August 31, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 39
Should be 2-0 are you listening to a different game?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Typical shite from you.

I'm sorry for wanting something more then defend Stockports attack then hoof to their keeper or back 4 and watch them attack again.

Its boring I go to football to be entertained like on Saturday, not to watch Stockport get closer and closer to scoring as we drift further and further out of the game.

We've got lucky as they've fluffed two chances at the back post if Reid had his shooting boots on this would be over.

Posted by: Humbercod, August 31, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Humbercod

I mean 3-0 he’s got to change it!
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 42
Stockport looked strong last 5/10. Reid? I think it is missed when it was easier to score and then a slightly harder chance he missed too

Really not got Taylor or Mcatee in it. The Wing backs are more full backs but for a team that just had 10 days off, we aint doing bad
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 43

I'm sorry for wanting something more then defend Stockports attack then hoof to their keeper or back 4 and watch them attack again.

Its boring I go to football to be entertained like on Saturday, not to watch Stockport get closer and closer to scoring as we drift further and further out of the game.

We've got lucky as they've fluffed two chances at the back post if Reid had his shooting boots on this would be over.

Well, he hasn't. If you want to moan then complain about the ref, he sounds crap.

Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Humbercod

Half time 0-0. Seriously what is your problem? Why even pretend to support a football club?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from forza ivano
I see the' anti brigade' are out in force tonight, all secretly willing stockport to score so they can unleash their barbs

Humbocod is anti-everything. Seems to be a matter of principle with him. Anything after 1960 he's against.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 46
[quote=140716]

You’ve lost the plot. Its 0-0. And they havent had a shot on target
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 47

Half-time 0-0

And relax

Still in it, come on Town.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, August 31, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from DB
Same old negatives coming out. Stockport have spent money and we're holding them @ 0 - 0. Come support the team, get behind them.

On other hand, you might have friends down Humberston Ave.

Agreed. There are some sad people who just love to be negative. Weird, wonder why they bother?

Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 31, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 49
Half time 0-0.
Regroup and go again, can't win every single game in the league. Be happy for us to be solid against one of the league favourites and go and take our chances now and again.. Had 10 days off aswell let's not forget
Posted by: Humbercod, August 31, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from RobDef1

Half time 0-0. Seriously what is your problem? Why even pretend to support a football club?

40+ years Pretend?  What you talking about fool.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 31, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 51
John Tondeur to Mabel was a seamless transition.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 31, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 52
Not the most enthralling game to listen to but 0-0 at half-time will do me.
Sounds like waterfall and long-king have been pretty steady at the rear with hunt ticking the ball over when he gets a chance
If we come away from this with a clean sheet against one of the strongest attacking forces in this league then that has to increase confidence within the camp even more, surely?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 31, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 53
A draw away at one of the favourites would be an excellent result, hopefully we can hold out for the next half.
Posted by: Poojah, August 31, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from psgmariner
John Tondeur to Mabel was a seamless transition.

From here the haters look teeny-tiny.

Fúck me I didn’t think I’d be quoting a Mabel song today.
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 55

Agreed. There are some sad people who just love to be negative. Weird, wonder why they bother?

Thank you for that. We've had our spats in the past but we are totally agreed with our support for Town. I just wish these sad people would p!ss off and plague another club.

Posted by: TAGG, August 31, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from promotion plaice

Half-time 0-0

And relax

Still in it, come on Town.

45 to go, still in the game
Come on Town
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 31, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 57
If we can get through today with a point or 3 and follow it up with a win on Saturday, nobody can deny we've made a great start.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, August 31, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 58
I reckon John Lewis will come in and hold the ball up that's what we're missing atm, bring our other players into the game.
Posted by: toontown, August 31, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
I reckon John Lewis will come in and hold the ball up that's what we're missing atm, bring our other players into the game.

Agreed -crying out for the shop and a more positive attitude when we are in possession
Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Humbercod

Well you cant call 40 years of acting like a petulant child 'support' can you?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Hagrid
[quote=140716]

You’ve lost the plot. Its 0-0. And they havent had a shot on target

Only because they've managed to kick the ball into their own legs from 5 yards out.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 31, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 62
Hope we get to hear the end of this song. Ella Henderson innit. Bet she’s at the game.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 63
If we6are going to win 1 9it will have to be a 25  yarder as sd haven't touched the ballin their penLty area Should beosing 2 0 after their player had 2 airshots while unmarked centre of goal in 6 yard box. I will be sufprised if we  get a point tonght hope lm wrong.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 31, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from DB

Thank you for that. We've had our spats in the past but we are totally agreed with our support for Town. I just wish these sad people would p!ss off and plague another club.

I'm in the side stand, where are you come over and say hello.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 31, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 65

^^Troll.

Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Madeleymariner
If we6are going to win 1 9it will have to be a 25  yarder as sd haven't touched the ballin their penLty area Should beosing 2 0 after their player had 2 airshots while unmarked centre of goal in 6 yard box. I will be sufprised if we  get a point tonght hope lm wrong.

are you wayne? lol
Where is wayne
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Are you having a stroke?
Posted by: bawarmy, August 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 68
This is awful tonight. And I’m not on about the football but the way everyone is moaning on here and slagging each other off and name calling. Calm down all, please. If I wanted moaning and lots of negativity I’d have taken the wife out for a meal .
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 69
corner, come on town
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 70
45 minutes away from a great result. Come on Town.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 71
Pretty much what I expected. Rear guard action and hope to nick something.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 72
pretty sure JT is reading this thread
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 31, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 73
I would be delighted to get a 0-0 draw tonight.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 74
Look whats happens wheb we're positive. It was a clear shove in the back by Taylor but we actually attacked
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 31, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Are you having a stroke?

i will if we score!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Are you having a stroke?

No. Just another oldbugger like me who hits the wrong keys on the phone.
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm in the side stand, where are you come over and say hello.

Hello, I'm at home with health problems.

Posted by: RichMariner, August 31, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 78
Stockport have spent more than us in the summer, I’d say.

They had a strong end to last season, and know there division better than we do.

They have, on paper, a more effective strike force.

They are more fancied than us to win the league.

They haven’t had to isolate for 10 days and had their first game of the season postponed.

Therefore they started tonight with greater match fitness than us.

I’m not being unambitious, really I’m not, but in the context of the above I do not understand why so many fans are getting their knickers in a twist about this. We’re not expected to turn up there and outplay them in their own back yard.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 31, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 79

And I'm sorry you post your constant drivel. Were two games in for gods sake.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 31, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 80
Sound like we're under a bit of pressure ATM, all you can hear though is the Town supporters ......... f******g brilliant!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from DB

Hello, I'm at home with health problems.

Get well soon 👊🏻
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 82
Come on Town !
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Sound like we're under a bit of pressure ATM, all you can hear though is the Town supporters ......... f******g brilliant!

That's all I've heard for most of the game. Our fans have been brilliant

Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Get well soon 👊🏻

Thank you, nothing to kill me but no cure either. A Town win will cheer me up.

Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from DB

That's all I've heard for most of the game. Our fans have been brilliant

Who red crosses that? ;D show yourself
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 31, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Humbercod

Didn’t realise Mr T was a town fan
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:12pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Posh Harry

Didn’t realise Mr T was a town fan

He's not.

And he prefers 'Humbocod' these days.
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from RobDef1

Who red crosses that? ;D show yourself

Unfortunately cowards don't. :-/

Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 89

Sounds like Clifton is giving everything as always.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 31, 2021, 9:16pm; Reply: 90
Clifton sounds like he's having a great  game again
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2021, 9:16pm; Reply: 91
Clifton having a good game
Posted by: RobDef1, August 31, 2021, 9:16pm; Reply: 92
Lenny on for Taylor
Posted by: Poojah, August 31, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 93
Last 15. Do you stick and shore things up, or twist by bringing the likes of Sousa and Bapaga on to go for the win?
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 31, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 94
will stockport bring as many to bp
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 31, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 95
Really enjoying  Gary Henshaw’s commentary, can't  remember hearing him on a game  before.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Poojah
Last 15. Do you stick and shore things up, or twist by bringing the likes of Sousa and Bapaga on to go for the win?

Have we got a defender on the bench?
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Poojah

Sounds like we're on top
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, August 31, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 98
I'm sure we all new that this was a game not to lose & PH  would set this up to keep a clean sheet. So far so good. utm.
Posted by: grimps, August 31, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from bobbyturtle
will stockport bring as many to bp

I can’t ever remember them bringing more than a few 100 in the last 30 odd years since I’ve been going
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Really enjoying  Gary Henshaw’s commentary, can't  remember hearing him on a game  before.

Talks a lot of sense. Maybe his expectations are just slightly higher than this level.
Posted by: lukeo, August 31, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 101
I'm confused. I've just logged in to the fishy, I'm listening to a 0-0 game with very feww chances yet there's 10 pages on the fishy 😂
Better second half town, keep going. I like the shop, I hope he changes this game in our favour.  UTM
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 102
We've been so much better since Pearson and Shop have come on and starting pressing rather then sitting back, Stockports back line haven't liked it at all.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 103
We've been so much better since Pearson and Shop have come on and starting pressing rather then sitting back, Stockports back line haven't liked it at all.

More intelligent balls out by Pearson according to the commentary team.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2021, 9:38pm; Reply: 104

Full-time  0-0

Great point away at one of the promotion favourites.
Posted by: bartgtfc, August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 105
Full time, great result, kept them without a shot on target.
Fantastic support, 12th Man
Welll done & onwards
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 106
Not a bad point away from home. Move onto Saturday UTM.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 107
Good 2nd half performance
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from promotion plaice

Full-time  0-0

Great point away at one of the promotion favourites.

Kinell PP. Didn't realise the internet took that long to get to SW London. ;D
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 109
Excellent result, well done Town.  UTM.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 31, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 110
Good result for us that, weve not held on for the 0-0 either weve made a good account of ourselves, clean sheet, decent well done lads
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 31, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 111
Great result, terrific start to the season all things considered.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, August 31, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 112
That’s really encouraging. Good solid display. UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 31, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 113
Good result for Town, really happy with that another clean sheet versus a team with a highly paid strike force.

Fantastic away support as usual, safe home everyone.

UTM!!!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 114
I'll take that.

Hopefully as the season progresses, we will get more attacking intent and be more threatening.

Should be more options to sign a striker when the window closes.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 31, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 115
We'll take that
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, August 31, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 116
I would have gladly taken a point before the game.

Might not have been pretty but take the positives.

Clean sheet away to one of the favourites.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 117
Wheres them moaners?

Good battling second half performance
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 31, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 118
Clifton my MOTM. Sounded like he was everywhere.
Posted by: Humbercod, August 31, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 119
Sounded a much better performance 2nd half, Wouldn’t have a problem if we lost playing like that, these big spenders are not a Barcelona, but pay them to much respect and they turn into one.
Posted by: Grimal, August 31, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 120
That was terrible, Own goal from Waterfall and no clean sheet tonight.   ;)
Posted by: psgmariner, August 31, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 121
Very good point that. Very encouraging start to the season.
Posted by: grimps, August 31, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from grimps
Sounds like Towns team under Ollie , we can’t get out our own half and nobody wants the ball  :-/

I usually wait until 70 minutes but I had to use my tactical whinge in the first half this game due to us being under a lot of pressure , Hopefully I can leave it on the bench for Saturday .

Another clean sheet and a point away isn’t a bad result , hopefully there’s more to come from this side
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 123
We should beat Barnet on Saturday.
Posted by: DB, August 31, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 124
A good point against one of the league's big spenders, money doesn't buy you 3 points but Towns away fans helped us to one point.

UTM
Posted by: gary_elton, August 31, 2021, 9:47pm; Reply: 125
Happy with a point away there.... excellent stuff  !!!

Well done Town , and well done the B & W Army  !!!
Posted by: denni266, August 31, 2021, 9:57pm; Reply: 126
Good point well earned.. Good to feel happy after a game
Posted by: acko338, August 31, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 127
Goals against - nil - long may that continue !

Hard away game that deserved a point from the commentary.

There will be teams that lose at Stockport this season, so that's one big hurdle overcome.

Sounded like Clifton was in everything from attacks to own penalty area blocks.

On to Saturday to see who stays and who rests, and who may be drafted in from outside of tonight's 16.

Hurst is certainly happy so far to use the squad fully to get what is needed.

No one has let him down so far.

Lastly .... what a great group of travelling fans that could be heard all through the match...... superb following !!
Posted by: Withnail, August 31, 2021, 10:00pm; Reply: 128
Excellent result and an extremely encouraging start to the season - especially given the delay and players having to isolate.

Undefeated, 4 points on the board and no goals conceded - despite playing one of the fancied teams in their own backyard.

Moan all you want about Hurst setting up defensively but if the opposition don't score, you don't lose.

Very early days admittedly but confidence will be growing and players will only get fitter and stronger as we're playing catch up with most of the other teams after an extended break.

UTM!
Posted by: marinerdazza, August 31, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 129
I remain fully engorged after tonight and for the prospect of Barnet.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 31, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 130
Good point.

I'm very happy with that.  Early days, but it looks like we have some quality at last!
Posted by: Mariner56, August 31, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 131
Looks like this might be Harry Clifton's season to shine. His incredible work rate will serve him well in this league.

Also, I really enjoyed listening to Gary Henshaw as co-commentator. He knows his stuff and focuses on the positives when JT starts to fret. Hope we hear more from him this season.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 132
Lucky point. Probabaly even 2 piints dropped.

Could of been over in the 1st half easily, lucky for us Stockport didn't bring their shooting boots. Second galf when we showed some actual intent we were much better and bar one or two break aways Stockport looked bang average. Play like we did in the 2nd half for 90 mins we probabaly would of won.

Stockport really struggled with Shop, we need him fit for the season as Taylor looks second to him in every aspect of his game at the minute.

Hunt should be allowed to push on more often, we don't need both him and Coke defending, he looked more confortable on the ball when we were attacking and had some really good link up with Efete and McAtee.

Clifton ran his socks off as always and was involved with everything.

Pearson made the difference at the back. Our passing became clinical out the back instead of aimless hoofs.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, August 31, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 133

I am currently out of the country with limited internet access.

Your posts are invaluable.

If I need to catch up on a Town match ‘x’ number of hours after the match, I can read your posts, digest them like a prune smoothie and understand that what actually happened is the exact opposite of what you have bashed out on your keyboard.

You are like Anton Diffring in ‘Escape To Victory’.

Posted by: moosey_club, August 31, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from Withnail
Excellent result and an extremely encouraging start to the season - especially given the delay and players having to isolate.

Undefeated, 4 points on the board and no goals conceded - despite playing one of the fancied teams in their own backyard.

Moan all you want about Hurst setting up defensively but if the opposition don't score, you don't lose.

Very early days admittedly but confidence will be growing and players will only get fitter and stronger as we're playing catch up with most of the other teams after an extended break.

UTM!

Aye
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 11:40pm; Reply: 135

If I need to catch up on a Town match ‘x’ number of hours after the match, I can read your posts, digest them like a prune smoothie and understand that what actually happened is the exact opposite of what you have bashed out on your keyboard.

You can say what you want I was there watching with my two eyes, for 45 minutes we did jack excrement, but defend deep and hoof the ball aimlessly back to Stockport, boring negative football that was getting us knowhere and almost resulted in us being 2 nil down before the half time whistle.

2nd half like I've said we attacked Stockport from the kick off we pressed them high and they were nothing they were forced tro hoof the ball aimlessly onto Pearson, Waterfall and Lounge-Kings heads which we should be forcing teams to do all day.

I know which football worked better, I know which football wasn't working. I know which of the two styles I'd rather watch.

I'm not a negative person I'm a realist I'll be positive when theres something to be positive about (which I have been about the 2nd half), but the happy clapper on here think we can only say positive things about everything Hurst and what the club does (no matter how bad it might be). I'm sorry the 1st 45 minutes were like watching Holloways team last season which made us all want to watch paint dry instead so I said it. I had paid to watch Grimsby play football for 90 minutes not 45. You accept dross you get dross, we should be holding this team to higher standard then they were showing in that first half doesn't matter who you're playing Weymouth, Stockport, Man U it doesn't matter. We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 31, 2021, 11:42pm; Reply: 136
“ Lucky point. Probabaly even 2 piints dropped.”

Bit of a contradiction, we were lucky to get one point however we probably should have won presumably if we played better IYO?

You were there and I wasn’t so not arguing with your comments as I’ve not seen the game but your comments could be applied to many a match, did you see Wolves v Man Utd? Wolves could and probably should have been 3 or 4 up by the time United scored.

Don’t think some of our fans have given enough thought to the fact that we have a new team that is playing it’s second competitive match together on the back of 10 days isolation without training together and our two number nines returning after missing the majority of the pre-season. Hurst acknowledges in his pre match interview that it will probably be another month before we are really settled as a team and suggested during this period he would be trying different formations to see what suits this group of players.

Compared to last January and his return there are a number of similarities in that once he put his preferred group of players together it was really a month before the team started to deliver results and ultimately that cost us dearly. Thus 4 points out of 6 whilst still gelling and getting to know each other will do me just fine so even if your not PH’s biggest fan let’s cut him some slack especially in the first half of our second match.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 31, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 137
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
“ Lucky point. Probabaly even 2 piints dropped.”

Sorry that bit is Dyslexia brain not typing everything in the thought process mixed with typing while walking to the train,. Should of been lucky point first half, probably dropped two second half
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2021, 12:48am; Reply: 138
Dee dot. Vehicle reversing.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2021, 12:49am; Reply: 139
Quoted from moosey_club

Aye

Post of the week so far.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 1, 2021, 12:55am; Reply: 140

You can say what you want I was there watching with my two eyes, for 45 minutes we did jack excrement, but defend deep and hoof the ball aimlessly back to Stockport, boring negative football that was getting us knowhere and almost resulted in us being 2 nil down before the half time whistle.

2nd half like I've said we attacked Stockport from the kick off we pressed them high and they were nothing they were forced tro hoof the ball aimlessly onto Pearson, Waterfall and Lounge-Kings heads which we should be forcing teams to do all day.

I know which football worked better, I know which football wasn't working. I know which of the two styles I'd rather watch.

I'm not a negative person I'm a realist I'll be positive when theres something to be positive about (which I have been about the 2nd half), but the happy clapper on here think we can only say positive things about everything Hurst and what the club does (no matter how bad it might be). I'm sorry the 1st 45 minutes were like watching Holloways team last season which made us all want to watch paint dry instead so I said it. I had paid to watch Grimsby play football for 90 minutes not 45. You accept dross you get dross, we should be holding this team to higher standard then they were showing in that first half doesn't matter who you're playing Weymouth, Stockport, Man U it doesn't matter. We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.

This 100% any sane person listening to that first half would of realised something was drastically wrong. But the Hurst clappers won’t hear any of it…‘we had a good first half keeping them out’ they say!
I listened to the Hurst interview before the game and he made Stockport sound like a premiership team, why does he do this?
And then when Tondeur announced the formation I could almost feel what he was thinking, It was obvious Hurst was going with the classic over cautious routine. That fact is we were lucky as you rightly say on another night those chances go in and we’ve lost the match.

But fair play to Hurst he has it seems given us a competitive team and this is where he deserves credit, because if he could install the right mindset and belief going into the games we could win this league based on our 2nd half performance, I believe it was 2 points dropped tonight we shouldn’t be sitting back for anyone in this league including Wrexham.
Posted by: ska face, September 1, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 141

We're in this excrement league because of happy clapper don't holding managers, players owners accountable for bad performances, decisions and actions they just pretend that Hurst farts rainbows and shits unicorns and can do no wrong instead.

Even by your admittedly low standards, that’s as big a load of shíte as I’ve ever read on here. We’re here because the fans are too accepting of bad managers? We’ve been through Hurst, Bignot, Jolley, Limbrick, Holloway, Slade and Hurst again in 5 years, with a slack handful of caretakers on top, and all of these spent most of their time getting caned off the fans. Not sure if these were happy clappers or realists (ffs!) like yourself though, either way it’s irrelevant when the managers are accountable to the board and chairman, not the fans.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 1, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 142

Sorry that bit is Dyslexia brain not typing everything in the thought process mixed with typing while walking to the train,. Should of been lucky point first half, probably dropped two second half

Nothing lucky about it, as far as I can see we set up to defend a point against the team fancied to win promotion.  What would you have us do, go flat out attacking and leave many more chances for them to counterattack?  We were not poor, we kept a clean sheet against a top team, and I am happy with that.  What do you think we should do, go attacking in every game?  That would be stupid.

Posted by: LH, September 1, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 143
I don’t know why people go well out their way to follow Town with their preformed opinions on how it’s going to go before they even get in the car. Maybe get a new hobby and stop taking tickets away from people who would actually enjoy themselves while they’re there?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 1, 2021, 10:34am; Reply: 144

I think Hurst agreed with you judging by his post-match interview.

A great point anyway, however it came as confidence-building is crucial early in the season. If we can win on Saturday it will be an excellent start.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 1, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 145
Quoted from LH
I don’t know why people go well out their way to follow Town with their preformed opinions on how it’s going to go before they even get in the car. Maybe get a new hobby and stop taking tickets away from people who would actually enjoy themselves while they’re there?

I think a lot of people watch 5 minutes of highlights and expect to see that for 90 minutes.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 1, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 146
It’s not wrong to say we were very poor in the first half, not sure why there’s been a pile on about it. No doubt some of the post is harsh but it’s a fact we were woeful first half, didn’t really hear any moaning about it in the crowd but a universal acceptance that it was dross.

Always seems to be the ones who didn’t attend who get most offended by it
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 1, 2021, 1:18pm; Reply: 147

I really don't want to think about what he bashes out on his keyboard....

Posted by: TAGG, September 1, 2021, 1:39pm; Reply: 148
Listened on radio and it sounds like we were negative in the first half and very poor apart from Harry.
Second half loads better after Hurst had sorted them out.

I don't think we went out to play negative in the first half, listening to Hurst interview he wanted them to get up the pitch in the first half but the players didn't do as they were told.

Four points, two clean sheets, why all the hand ringing and moaning???
Good start in my book, on to the next game.
Come on Town
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 1, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 149
It's not controversial to say the first half was disappointing; Hurst said as much.  Doesn't sound like it was the plan to defend deep at all, it was more a case of our full backs not being able to push forward often enough and letting Stockport pen us in.  

Don't know why we need to separate into pro- and anti- camps already, people are free to call a performance 'poor' if they feel like it, although I do find the "typical Hurst" low-blows tedious so maybe hold those comments in for a bit?  

Anyway, a win against struggling Barnet on Saturday and I would say it's been a positive start.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 150
There’s calling a performance poor and then there’s opening the browaer on your phone at the match and coming on here while it’s going on and telling everyone it’s shite during the first half. At least give the game a chance to get going.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 1, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from LH
There’s calling a performance poor and then there’s opening the browaer on your phone at the match and coming on here while it’s going on and telling everyone it’s shite during the first half. At least give the game a chance to get going.

They had been playing for 8 minutes to be fair 😂
Posted by: moosey_club, September 4, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 152
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Post of the week so far.

😁
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:49am