Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 20, 2021, 9:07pm
Steve Evans has confirmed out chairman has spoken to the gills about his availability bit doesn't think it will happen...
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 1

Would be a great addition, let's hope Hurst can still persuade him to put pen to paper.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 20, 2021, 9:18pm; Reply: 2
Probably won’t happen because Scally and our new chaps won’t deal in the neon variety of envelopes Evans is used to…
Posted by: moosey_club, August 20, 2021, 11:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from aldi_01
Probably won’t happen because Scally and our new chaps won’t deal in the neon variety of envelopes Evans is used to…

I thought the whole idea of such deals was to keep them quiet....using neon envelopes kind of defeats the object 😄
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 20, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Steve Evans has confirmed out chairman has spoken to the gills about his availability bit doesn't think it will happen...

Source ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 20, 2021, 11:12pm; Reply: 5
The fact that Evans mentions it in an interview would suggest he ain’t getting a fat vanilla one for deal at any rate.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 20, 2021, 11:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The fact that Evans mentions it in an interview would suggest he ain’t getting a fat vanilla one for deal at any rate.

Do you mean manilla or has Evans gone from stuffed envelopes to big ice creams 😉
Posted by: FrazerGTFC, August 20, 2021, 11:27pm; Reply: 7
Hopefully we get him he’s a good player throw a bit more extra on the wage and hopefully convince him to come we have got a good budget
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 20, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 8
Saw some article flash up earlier today that said he’s most likely to go to Sarfend.
Posted by: Kris2, August 20, 2021, 11:39pm; Reply: 9
Doubt he'll come here, seems like he wants to stay down south near London. He's already turned down an offer to sign for Bristol Rovers a league above us so clearly his priorities are very much location.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 21, 2021, 12:07am; Reply: 10
Southend have said they need to get rid of Akinola to bring him in. I'd probably take Akinola here now to be honest given the striker situation, but would be very annoying essentially letting Southend have an upgrade.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), August 21, 2021, 4:53am; Reply: 11
https://the72.co.uk/246327/gillingham-striker-john-akinde-has-rejected-bristol-rovers-move-reveals-steve-evans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Seems that the location will be the show-stopper here. Shame as he would have been a great addition I think.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2021, 6:37am; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

I thought the whole idea of such deals was to keep them quiet....using neon envelopes kind of defeats the object 😄

They’d match his face…
Posted by: Cambridgefish, August 21, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Akinde had a fairly underwhelming spell at Lincoln having been injured at Barnet for quite a while.  And he hasn’t exactly set Gillingham alight.  

He may do a job in the National League but his last good season was 2016/17.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 21, 2021, 6:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Cambridgefish

Akinde had a fairly underwhelming spell at Lincoln having been injured at Barnet for quite a while.  And he hasn’t exactly set Gillingham alight.  

He may do a job in the National League but his last good season was 2016/17.

That's a yes from me
Posted by: NorfolkImp, August 22, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 15
Quoted from promotion plaice

Would be a great addition, let's hope Hurst can still persuade him to put pen to paper.

Good lord, he's horrendous* .... although he takes a mean penalty.

I say horrendous, I suppose he did a job, but he's painful to watch at times. Title wins are rare (I've seen 4 by the Imps in my lifetime) but Big John will never be mentioned in the same breath as Freeman, McGinley and Rhead.

Posted by: Garth, August 22, 2021, 9:54am; Reply: 16
We don't need to sign has beens, spend big on a proven goal scorer from a foreign lower  league.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 22, 2021, 10:00am; Reply: 17
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Good lord, he's horrendous* .... although he takes a mean penalty.

I say horrendous, I suppose he did a job, but he's painful to watch at times. Title wins are rare (I've seen 4 by the Imps in my lifetime) but Big John will never be mentioned in the same breath as Freeman, McGinley and Rhead.

John Ward - Lincolnshire Poacher 91 goals in 240 games - I think we'd snap your hand off if we were offered a player with that strike rate...

That's two more title wins than we've had in my lifetime - is that 2 X Conference and 2 X 4th Division?

Posted by: Grimsby2012, August 22, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 18
No thank you
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 22, 2021, 10:17am; Reply: 19
He was frustrating to watch at times for Lincoln and certainly doesn't close down like you would expect a Hurst forward to do.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, August 22, 2021, 10:17am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

John Ward - Lincolnshire Poacher 91 goals in 240 games - I think we'd snap your hand off if we were offered a player with that strike rate...

That's two more title wins than we've had in my lifetime - is that 2 X Conference and 2 X 4th Division?

I was thinking more the big target man, rather than the sniffer/poacher alongside him.

Yes 2 of each, Div 4 - 75/76 & 18/19 and Conf/NL - 87/88 & 16/17.

Yours were 71/72 under McMenemy and 79/80 under Kerr (Div 3) if I'm not mistaken?

Posted by: tashee69, August 22, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Got to take into account though, that we’ve played many seasons in, what is now the championship. Which is a tad more difficult to win than Division 2
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 22, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 22
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I was thinking more the big target man, rather than the sniffer/poacher alongside him.

Yes 2 of each, Div 4 - 75/76 & 18/19 and Conf/NL - 87/88 & 16/17.

Yours were 71/72 under McMenemy and 79/80 under Kerr (Div 3) if I'm not mistaken?

Correct. I just caught the very end of the 71/72 season but I'm one of the lucky ones to have witnessed both our Championship wins, but with it being over 40 years now since our last title winning season, there will be a hell of a lot of Mariners fans never to have witnessed one in their lifetime.

I wonder how much longer we're going to have to wait for our next.
Posted by: DB, August 22, 2021, 10:53am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

Correct. I just caught the very end of the 71/72 season but I'm one of the lucky ones to have witnessed both our Championship wins, but with it being over 40 years now since our last title winning season, there will be a hell of a lot of Mariners fans never to have witnessed one in their lifetime.

I wonder how much longer we're going to have to wait for our next.

Just like watching England win the world cup and then wondering if will happen again in your lifetime, if ever. ;)

Posted by: forza ivano, August 22, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 24
but why do we need another ageing big lump? We've got 2 of those already, it's a fox in the box, little nippy poacher type we need to play alongside and off the Shop or Taylor

I'm hoping that during these extra days we've been given that the logjam will be broken at the top of the food chain and then moves can go ahead all along the line. It could be that a Dembele transfer would not only give us some cash and it'll be the catalyst for more transfers
Posted by: geir, August 22, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Garth
We don't need to sign has beens, spend big on a proven goal scorer from a foreign lower  league.

If possible, the club should check out a player from the second level of Norwegian football. He is a striker named Oscar Aga playing for a club called Grorud. The club is last in their league after 14 games played, but Oscar is still the leagues top goalscorer with 11 goals in 14 games. I think he is only 21 too. Last season he made 15 goals in 27 games.
Don`t know if someone like him would be of interest?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, August 22, 2021, 12:14pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from geir

If possible, the club should check out a player from the second level of Norwegian football. He is a striker named Oscar Aga playing for a club called Grorud. The club is last in their league after 14 games played, but Oscar is still the leagues top goalscorer with 11 goals in 14 games. I think he is only 21 too. Last season he made 15 goals in 27 games.
Don`t know if someone like him would be of interest?

25 goals in 39 games for Groud and 20 years old. I'd imagine he would be on maybe 75k a year which probably wouldn't cover his wages in Norway, maybe too young to move abroad and of course I don't see how he would get a work permit now.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 22, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from fishboyUTM

25 goals in 39 games for Groud and 20 years old. I'd imagine he would be on maybe 75k a year which probably wouldn't cover his wages in Norway, maybe too young to move abroad and of course I don't see how he would get a work permit now.

Norway have never been in the European Union 😉
Posted by: bedders78, August 22, 2021, 12:26pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Norway have never been in the European Union 😉

No, but they are part of the Schengen Area allowing freedom of movement for workers.
Posted by: Davec, August 22, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 29
What level of football would Norwegian 2nd tier be compared to England? Would it be roughly equivalent of the national League?
Posted by: Marinerdeano, August 22, 2021, 1:28pm; Reply: 30
I also keep an eye on Norway 2 (Mats Lilebo a bit injury prone but always scores goals) as well as Dutch 2 as good for betting. In the Dutch League there are one or two that catch the eye. Jizz Hornkamp at Den Bosch is doing well.
Posted by: lukeo, August 22, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Marinerdeano
I also keep an eye on Norway 2 (Mats Lilebo a bit injury prone but always scores goals) as well as Dutch 2 as good for betting. In the Dutch League there are one or two that catch the eye. Jizz Hornkamp at Den Bosch is doing well.

What a name 😂
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 22, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 32
Doesn't Brexshit rule out foreign players at our level?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 22, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 33
Jizz Hornkamp 😂😂
Posted by: rancido, August 22, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Jizz Hornkamp 😂😂

You couldn't make it up, could  you 😂😂😂
Posted by: geir, August 22, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 35
[quote=122237]What level of football would Norwegian 2nd tier be compared to England? Would it be roughly equivalent of the national League?[/quote

I would guess that it would be roughly the same.
Posted by: geir, August 22, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from fishboyUTM

He would be on much less than that. There are a lot players in our highest league that earn less than 75k a year and most of the players/teams in the second tier are part-timers.
Age would depend on maturity - I think Martin Ødegård and Erling Haaland were much younger when they went abroad. But you are right - the big question mark right now is the work permit part now that you are out of the union. Don`t know what the rules are about that right now.
Posted by: Withnail, August 22, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 37
Please let us sign Jizz Hornkamp. Never heard of him before so no idea what he's like but the club shop will be inundated with fans wanting Jizz on the back of their Town top.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 22, 2021, 5:53pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Withnail
Please let us sign Jizz Hornkamp. Never heard of him before so no idea what he's like but the club shop will be inundated with fans wanting Jizz on the back of their Town top.

Let’s do a crowdfunder. I don’t care if he’s any good or not.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 22, 2021, 5:55pm; Reply: 39
Poor mans omar bogle 😉
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 22, 2021, 6:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Withnail
Please let us sign Jizz Hornkamp. Never heard of him before so no idea what he's like but the club shop will be inundated with fans wanting Jizz on the back of their top.

It’s a common occurrence in the Lincoln family stand
Posted by: Marinerdeano, August 22, 2021, 6:41pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Withnail

24 goals last season in a poor Den Bosch team. 2 in 3 this.
Posted by: Withnail, August 22, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Marinerdeano

24 goals last season in a poor Den Bosch team. 2 in 3 this.

The opposition clearly struggle to keep clean sheets against Jizz.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2021, 10:36pm; Reply: 43
I can’t see us spunking loads on the likes of Jizz Hornkamp.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 22, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I can’t see us spunking loads on the likes of Jizz Hornkamp.

Would he even cum?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 23, 2021, 2:24am; Reply: 45
He shoots loads outside the box
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 23, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 46
I’ve heard he’s only any good in spurts
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 23, 2021, 9:22am; Reply: 47

Something tells me we are desperate for a football game  8)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 23, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 48
I hope that he can stand up.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 23, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 49
Personally, I think there’s a vas deferens between the Dutch 2nd division and the conference.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 23, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 50
I don't want Akinde, I want his half brother Akinde-pen!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I hope that he can stand up.

He’s got a lot of fighting spirit. He’s got lots of sp…
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 23, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Jizz Hornkamp 😂😂

I’ve heard he’s utter male masturbation
Posted by: Poojah, August 23, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from 140381
Personally, I think there’s a vas deferens between the Dutch 2nd division and the conference.

Admittedly I had to Google that, but fúck me I think that is possibly the cleverest pun I have seen in my entire life. Serious kudos to you sir - that was absolutely brilliant!
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 23, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from 140381

That is absolutely brilliant!! A real urethra moment!

Yeah yours was better 🤦🏼‍♂️
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 3:32am