Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 16, 2021, 11:16pm

For a serious cause but it did make me smile....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58229967
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 17, 2021, 12:05am; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

For a serious cause but it did make me smile....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58229967

I saw that earlier. Wonder if he’s going to Pratt’s Bottom in Kent, or Hampton Wick (Middlesex) a double-double entendre if ever there was one.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 17, 2021, 6:53pm; Reply: 2
I was in Twatt last week. The sign in the article, which is on the road to Finstown , often had people stopping to take a picture.

All the local gift shops were selling Twatt signs.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2021, 1:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
I was in Twatt last week. The sign in the article, which is on the road to Finstown , often had people stopping to take a picture.

All the local gift shops were selling Twatt signs.

I'm going back many years now, but I once went on a camping holiday in the South Of France and there was a group of girls there from The Shetlands. One of them had an Aunt and Uncle called Tommy and Betty Twatt!   :)
Posted by: Hants.Mariner, August 18, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 4
Good luck to him getting up Crazies Hill on that bike it is very steep.

Sandy Balls is a holiday camp near Fordingbridge right on the edge of the New Forest. Went past there at the weekend when we were camping down there.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 18, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'm going back many years now, but I once went on a camping holiday in the South Of France and there was a group of girls there from The Shetlands. One of them had an Aunt and Uncle called Tommy and Betty Twatt!   :)

I know a woman whose maiden name was Tracey Watt.

She often got letters addressed to Miss T.Watt.
Posted by: DB, August 18, 2021, 6:19pm; Reply: 6
Years ago I use to go to a works canteen, run by a Mrs. Bates. When the food was crap she was often asked about her son Master Bates. True story. ;)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 18, 2021, 7:10pm; Reply: 7
An Airman was called Gary Roper.  Always known as Groper.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2021, 7:13pm; Reply: 8
I was at school with a girl called Julie Kirton. I'm sure she was winding us all up be she reckoned she had an older sister called Annette.
Posted by: fishyfanny, August 18, 2021, 7:30pm; Reply: 9
When I lived in Queensland Australia, there was a town called Bald Knob.

Also I knew a couple of girls when I was growing up, Teresa Green and Heidi Heyho
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 18, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 10

Five-a-side football competition locally, Waltham I think it was, sunny day, beer tent, families.

A guy went up to the lady on the tannoy and asked if she could put out a call for their missing player Mike Hunt and she duly obliged.

True story.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 11
I worked with a retired fireman (surname King). whose nickname in the FB was Nosmo. There was a NO SMOKING sign on double doors which was spread over the two doors. When the doors opened one side said NOSMO the other KING.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from promotion plaice

Five-a-side football competition locally, Waltham I think it was, sunny day, beer tent, families.

A guy went up to the lady on the tannoy and asked if she could put out a call for their missing player Mike Hunt and she duly obliged.

True story.

Wasn't Bart Simpson was it?

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 21, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 13
T.Watt scores for Motherwell today!  :)
Print page generated: May 15, 2024, 8:36pm