Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, August 4, 2021, 11:38am
Been told this morning we’ve been given 600 tickets only

Sold on Ticketmaster and as such theres a charge, and no priority for ST Holders

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 4, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 1
Bad mistake Bromley 😂😂
Posted by: aldi_01, August 4, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 2
I understand selling on ticketmatser but surely they could muster up more than 600…
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 4, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 3
I’m sure there won’t be any town fans in the home end then 🤔
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 4, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 4
Ticketmaster are robbing illegitimates.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 4, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 5
Also…there’s zero reason they cant prioritise season tickets holders on there anyway…
Posted by: moosey_club, August 4, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 6
Really hope that isnt the case on all fronts, if so maybe the club could buy them all and then manage the sales from there?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 1:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

Sold on Ticketmaster and as such theres a charge, and no priority for ST Holders

Where have you heard this? There’s nothing on either club’s site.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 4, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Where have you heard this? There’s nothing on either club’s site.

Last night at the match
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Hagrid

Last night at the match

Yeah but from what kind of person? Someone with inside information, or just a rumour that was spread around town?
Posted by: marinerdazza, August 4, 2021, 3:24pm; Reply: 10
Well I ask you.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 4, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 11

Yeah but from what kind of person? Someone with inside information, or just a rumour that was spread around town?

That you don't want me around
I can't shake off my Grimsby blues,
everywhere I turn I lose.......
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 4, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

If Bromley are selling Away tickets themselves, why would they give a toss for season ticket holders.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Madeleymariner

That you don't want me around
I can't shake off my Grimsby blues,
everywhere I turn I lose.......

Not the way Mr McManus (aka Costello) wrote it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from marinerdazza
Well I ask you.

Indeed!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 4, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 15

Not the way Mr McManus (aka Costello) wrote it.

But a little closer to how an Andy Scott wrote it in 78
Posted by: Hagrid, August 4, 2021, 3:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from arryarryarry

If Bromley are selling Away tickets themselves, why would they give a toss for season ticket holders.

What?

And Kristine can confirm it
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 4, 2021, 3:47pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid

What?

And Kristine can confirm it

You said......"Sold on Ticketmaster and as such theres a charge, and no priority for ST Holders"

And I said, why should Bromley give a toss about season ticket holders.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 4, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 18
I think you know why i put that.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 4, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid
I think you know why i put that.  

I really have no idea.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 4, 2021, 6:19pm; Reply: 20
Why are we talking in code. ?
Posted by: bradzmilne, August 4, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 21
Picked up my season ticket today.

Was informed that an email has been sent from the club but we are yet to receive any information.

Bromley arranged additional meeting with police etc. As they’re not use to huge away followings with segregation.

Ticket office staff were fantastic… Even if they told me that I’d left purchasing my ST late!  ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, August 4, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry

I really have no idea.

Season Ticket holders get priority for limited tickets for away matches. What is your issue?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 4, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 23
Assuming Bromley are stupid enough to limit us to 600 quid, turning down cash then I’d imagine it’ll be first come first served with St holders…one for one and all that jazz…
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 4, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from aldi_01
Assuming Bromley are stupid enough to limit us to 600 quid, turning down cash then I’d imagine it’ll be first come first served with St holders…one for one and all that jazz…

Yep, they're throwing away money if they only give us 600. If they do, then the question remains which home end are the rest of us going in?
Posted by: Croxton, August 4, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 25
Lighten up lads and laugh at this commentary from Bromley:-

http://www.bromleyfc.tv/site/goals-bromley-3-0-crystal-palace-u23s/
Posted by: Davec, August 4, 2021, 7:13pm; Reply: 26
If I can not get a ticket for Bromley in away end then I have no hesitation in going in the home end.

I do not have season ticket, I have an 1878 membership however and I do not have a DN post code so Bromley will never know I am a grimsby fan in the home end if it comes to it
Posted by: aldi_01, August 4, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 27
Police advice or not, it does seem a ridiculous thing to do should it happen…I hate the phrase tinpot, we’re down here because we’ve been shot for years but this is tinpot…
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 4, 2021, 8:48pm; Reply: 28
But the amazing thing is that even if we are limited to 600, we will still out sing and out chant their crowd.

Nuff said
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 29
Has it actually been confirmed officially yet?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 4, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Croxton
Lighten up lads and laugh at this commentary from Bromley:-

http://www.bromleyfc.tv/site/goals-bromley-3-0-crystal-palace-u23s/

Trialists must be their equivalent of the Moores.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 4, 2021, 11:32pm; Reply: 31
Has it actually been confirmed officially yet?

Nope, don't think so.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, August 5, 2021, 7:52am; Reply: 32
I don't believe this for one minute, 5,150 (Seats 1,606) and issuing only 600 tickets to GTFC not only adds to any policing issues that there could be, also doesn't make financial sense considering Bromley's average attendance is around 1,400.

I will wait for the official details rather than hear say at a pre season friendly.
Posted by: golfer, August 5, 2021, 8:51am; Reply: 33
I have just purchased 600 tickets from Bromley and will sell these at £40 each. Priority to  S.T. holders. Buy 5 - get 1 free
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 5, 2021, 8:54am; Reply: 34
Quoted from golfer
I have just purchased 600 tickets from Bromley and will sell these at £40 each. Priority to  S.T. holders. Buy 5 - get 1 free

I’ve got a ticket stub from a Sherpa van trophy game v millwall in 1986 and a programme from an Anglo Italian game vs chiesa, can I go onto the maybe list?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 5, 2021, 11:09am; Reply: 35
Quoted from brigg_mariner
I don't believe this for one minute, 5,150 (Seats 1,606) and issuing only 600 tickets to GTFC not only adds to any policing issues that there could be, also doesn't make financial sense considering Bromley's average attendance is around 1,400.

I will wait for the official details rather than hear say at a pre season friendly.

Hardly hearsay it was from the FLO🤣🤣
Posted by: brigg_mariner, August 5, 2021, 11:16am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Hagrid

Hardly hearsay it was from the FLO🤣🤣

One min your saying
Quoted Text
Been told this morning

Next min your saying
Quoted Text
Last night at the match

Like the decision, if true, doesn't make any sense.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 5, 2021, 12:01pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from brigg_mariner

Same TBH, it all sounds a bit "Facebook discussion"  to me. I'm sure for a number of reasons there must be some kind of contractual obligation that the visiting club gets to sell them, but then again it's the NL so they could end up being sold by Del Boy on some market somewhere..  
Posted by: aldi_01, August 5, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Same TBH, it all sounds a bit "Facebook discussion"  to me. I'm sure for a number of reasons there must be some kind of contractual obligation that the visiting club gets to sell them, but then again it's the NL so they could end up being sold by Del Boy on some market somewhere..  

Bloke in a leather blazer and roll neck?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 5, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 39
You’ll see when its announced
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 5, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 40
Selling tickets on Ticket Master is a bad move for many reason....

Fans feel cheated that they have to pay a premium price, a so called just to cover administration fee, but seems a bit high.

Anyone can buy, there is no control of who is buying the tickets. Banned or people just wanting to cause trouble could buy. Southern exile mariners will just buy tickets in the home stands, as will anyone who fails to buy through Ticket Master.

If they let Grimsby sell the tickets they will know who is buying and attending.

Bromley will lose the respect of the visiting fans.

It will put people off from attending......   and so on.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 5, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Hagrid

Season Ticket holders get priority for limited tickets for away matches. What is your issue?

Oh FFS, not when the home club is selling them themselves.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2021, 5:19am; Reply: 42
There was an issue with this sort of thing last time we were down here…it costs clubs to print tickets etc. That’s why most games you could only pay on the day.

I remember being in the ticket office in 2016 around the February time and the lady saying that the team we were playing were lining Becauee town essentially made it all ticket because of the numbers but the home side wouldn’t print tickets so town had to foot that bill…

The simple fact is, many a club use an online seller these days and most of the time it’s pretty simple. It’s easy to make it for ST only, much like seetickets did for the playoff final.

The bigger question is the number of tickets, or lack of. Even with some additional policing/stewarding you’d imagine they’d still make more money by giving us at least 1000…

In truth, and this isn’t a dig but it’s times like this when you realise we’re in the abyss…again. That’s when you get angry at the previous cockwombles in charge.

With so few tickets, assuming it’s true, surely a first come first served at the ticket office is easier, for ST holders…
Posted by: Hagrid, August 6, 2021, 7:58am; Reply: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

Oh FFS, not when the home club is selling them themselves.

Keep your knickers on

But yes sorry i misunderstood your point
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 6, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 44
Southend have sold 800 on day one of their sales being open for their first match of the season (away at Kings Lynn). Anyone got any idea about when information for tickets for Bromley is going to be announced?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 6, 2021, 10:23am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Son of Cod
Southend have sold 800 on day one of their sales being open for their first match of the season (away at Kings Lynn). Anyone got any idea about when information for tickets for Bromley is going to be announced?

My son's neighbour said he already got his ticket for Bromley
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2021, 10:25am; Reply: 46
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Home end then?
Posted by: forza ivano, August 6, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 47
Quoted from The Yard Dog

i doubt that very much - very very good source says that they are still to agree on exactly what our allocation will be, although they're more or less there
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 6, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 48
Quoted from forza ivano

i doubt that very much - very very good source says that they are still to agree on exactly what our allocation will be, although they're more or less there

Apparently he got his ticket off Charles Vernam when he bumped into him at Millfields...

Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 6, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Son of Cod

Apparently he got his ticket off Charles Vernam when he bumped into him at Millfields...

No, Vernam lives locally but I heard Bogle is staying at Millfields. Are you sure he your source didn't mean Bogle?
Posted by: buckstown, August 6, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 50
I've missed the annual "Omar's coming home" thread. Used to be well exciting on a boring July afternoon!
Posted by: buckstown, August 6, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 51
On the official site now
700 sold through BP
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/bromley-ticket-information/
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 52
Beat get queueing Sunday night then…
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 6, 2021, 4:41pm; Reply: 53
800, with 100 seated
Posted by: oochiad, August 6, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 54
700 standing, 100 seating. Possibly more to come…..
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 6, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 55
Well done Grimsby for insisting that they print and selling tickets. Another positive by the 1878 gang.
Posted by: Davec, August 6, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 56
As it stands I will be going in the home end, I know it says any Grimsby fans will be removed from the Stadium but I am happy to take that risk.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 6, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from oochiad
700 standing, 100 seating. Possibly more to come…..

Doesn’t sound like anymore to come, so 700 final allocation?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 6, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Davec
As it stands I will be going in the away end, I know it says any Grimsby fans will be removed from the Stadium but I am happy to take that risk.

If you're going in the away end then what's the problem?

It'll be fun seeing them trying to remove 700 Grimsby fans!   ;D
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 6, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Davec
As it stands I will be going in the away end, I know it says any Grimsby fans will be removed from the Stadium but I am happy to take that risk.

If you mean home end, same here. Will be a lot I’d imagine doing the same.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 60
Certainly not chancing the online platform so off me mam goes to the queue at the ground…me thinks it would be easier doing that anyway.

I appreciate folk can’t always get to the ground but with so few tickets it would make sense…
Posted by: Davec, August 6, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 61
Sorry I meant home end! I will be in the home end that's for sure! As will others.
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 6, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Mikey_345

Doesn’t sound like anymore to come, so 700 final allocation?

Loving the maths!!
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 6, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Posh Harry

Loving the maths!!

Sorry, missed the 100 seating. Was really making the point we might not get anymore looking at it
Posted by: brigg_mariner, August 6, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Hagrid
You’ll see when its announced

Oh
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 6, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Mikey_345

Sorry, missed the 100 seating. Was really making the point we might not get anymore looking at it

I know, only messing, made me chuckle.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 6, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 66
In 2021 I don't see what the problem is with a Grimsby Town fan sitting in the home end of a ground that never even gets half filled.

If they cause trouble fair enough, but clubs like Bromley should be grateful of the money.
Posted by: stevebiggin, August 6, 2021, 6:25pm; Reply: 67
Greeting fellow national league supporters.Your ticket allocation from our ground capacity is very much in line to what you can expect throughout the league.As for out singing here at Bromley,that will not be difficult however it’s most likely a warm welcome can be expected.
The national league you will find will be no pushover ,the last time we opened the season at home against a relegated team(Wrexham) we won 3-0.
Looking forward to welcoming You all
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 6, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from stevebiggin
Greeting fellow national league supporters.Your ticket allocation from our ground capacity is very much in line to what you can expect throughout the league.As for out singing here at Bromley,that will not be difficult however it’s most likely a warm welcome can be expected.
The national league you will find will be no pushover ,the last time we opened the season at home against a relegated team(Wrexham) we won 3-0.

Thanks, but been there, done that and got the T-Shirt......

(Hopfully for only one season this time?)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 6, 2021, 6:39pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from stevebiggin

Hiya Steve. Any recommendations on pubs? Does the Spoons opposite the station welcome away fans?

Took us 6 years to get out last time. I won’t remind you of our head-to-head results. 😉
Posted by: lazyllama, August 6, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 70
"Tickets can be purchased online at gtfctickets.co.uk, calling 01472 605050 or by visiting the ticket office from Monday. "

Well, they better get a shift on building that website. http://gtfctickets.co.uk
"Domain gtfctickets.co.uk has been registered by a customer of UK2."

For some of us London exile-Mariners, we'll see if there's anything left after the season ticket holders or it might just be risking the 'home' end.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 6, 2021, 6:43pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from lazyllama
"Tickets can be purchased online at gtfctickets.co.uk, calling 01472 605050 or by visiting the ticket office from Monday. "

Well, they better get a shift on building that website. http://gtfctickets.co.uk
"Domain gtfctickets.co.uk has been registered by a customer of UK2."

For some of us London exile-Mariners, we'll see if there's anything left after the season ticket holders or it might just be risking the 'home' end.

There won’t be any left for us mate. I’ll be in the home end as will a lot of other exiles!
Posted by: stevebiggin, August 6, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 72
Firstly you will discover Grantham Mariner this NL has moved on since your last inclusion,players now being transferred for upto 250k with 1st and 2nd division salaries plus the reliance on signing players towards the end of their career is diminishing.
Yes Kingston Mariner spoons opp the station is convenient pub together with the Bricklayers Arms on Masons Hill where you can have some heathy banter .
Posted by: MaccasBoots, August 6, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 73
Bromley have been daft with the ticket allocation of only 800, they know there'll be more than 800 town fans going. They've got a choice between giving us a reasonable ticket allocation, or having town fans in their half empty home end: can't have it both ways.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 6, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 74
Well i still stand by what Kristine said

But apologies as obviously got it wrong
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 6, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Hagrid
Well i still stand by what Kristine said

But apologies as obviously got it wrong

Well it was 33% bigger than what you said. Still inadequate allocation.
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 6, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 76
No mention of Ticketmaster😂😂
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 6, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 77
No mention of Ticketmaster😂😂
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 6, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from stevebiggin
Firstly you will discover Grantham Mariner this NL has moved on since your last inclusion,players now being transferred for upto 250k with 1st and 2nd division salaries plus the reliance on signing players towards the end of their career is diminishing.

lol no it hasn't, Forest Green & Eastleigh were both chucking money at football league players and had enormous budgets last time we were down here. No different now just because Stockport and Wrexham are flinging cash and multi-year contracts at L1 & L2 players.
Posted by: ska face, August 6, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 79
Exactly. An artificially inflated transfer market doesn’t mean the players are any better. Jamie Vardy was down here last time time we were relegated.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 6, 2021, 9:55pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from buckstown
I've missed the annual "Omar's coming home" thread. Used to be well exciting on a boring July afternoon!

I'm still living in hope, not pulled any trees up at donny.

Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 6, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from stevebiggin
Yes Kingston Mariner spoons opp the station is convenient pub together with the Bricklayers Arms on Masons Hill where you can have some heathy banter .

We were there for 6 seasons from 2010/11 to 2015/16 seasons. For the first 4 seasons we had Luton with a L1 budget. And we had Crawley & Fleetwood promoted with big budgets in 2010/11 & 2011/12. We then had Bristol Rovers promoted in 2014/15 with a League 1 budget. And we had Forest Green increasing their budget year on year until they were the highest spenders in the season we escaped. And there were others such as Eastleigh spending big too.

Stockport & Wrexham didn't invent having big budgets in the Conference/National League. We coped back then with an owner as tight as a gnat's chuff so you can understand why we are quietly confident with new owners willing to invest in players, improving the facilities at the club (pitches at BP & training ground, sprinkler system, new gym, new video analysis/briefing room etc...) & increasing our backroom staff (Increased first team coaching staff, new First Team Performance Analyst, new Club Chef etc...)

And signing players at the end of their career didn't work back then either. Wrexham tried that again and again & this is their 14th season at this level I think.
Posted by: LH, August 6, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 82
Christ - if I read any more comments from other club’s fans saying we know nothing about non-league I’ll go mad. I know more than I’ve ever expected or wanted to know about non-league already, thanks.
Posted by: Belfast Town, August 7, 2021, 7:59am; Reply: 83
An initial 800 tickets go on sale on Monday to season ticket holders on a one for one basis. Presumably we’ll be allocated more if these sell out and us exiles might get a chance to buy tickets in due course.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 7, 2021, 8:09am; Reply: 84
Quoted from Belfast Town
An initial 800 tickets go on sale on Monday to season ticket holders on a one for one basis. Presumably we’ll be allocated more if these sell out and us exiles might get a chance to buy tickets in due course.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up…it makes zero sense on Bromley’s part to give us so few tickets…their ground hasn’t been open for over a year, surely you’d wanna fill it as best you can. You’d imagine so few tickets is likely to cause more issues than just giving us say 1500.

And whilst I’m aware it’s done with good intentions but we don’t need someone telling us how excrement the conference is and how teams throw obscene cash at things…sadly, Becauee of urine poor club management we’ve been down here before…
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 7, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 85
Quoted from stevebiggin

It might be very much in line with the rest of the division, but your club should be recognising the fact that this is the first competitive match back after such a long absence. You're also not in a position to be throwing away upwards of 50k over the course of the season which is what you're essentially doing by giving us,
Stockport, Notts, Wrexham, etc. limited allocations like that. Is there a specific reason why you can't give us more? Hopefully they'll see sense and increase that allocation somehow. If not and you really want to be a nice welcoming fellow non-league supporter, perhaps you can be kind enough to let us know which home end we need to be in to be next to or as close as possible to the Town fans in the away end?
Posted by: Garth, August 7, 2021, 9:25am; Reply: 86
Quoted from stevebiggin

Hasn't moved on that much when clubs like yours still have a crowd mentality of ten years ago, can't teach your grandmother to suck eggs

Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 7, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 87
Regardless of the ticketing situation if we take 800 all the way to Bromley for a 5.15 kick I reckon that's a pretty good effort.
Posted by: stevebiggin, August 7, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 88
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.At no time have tried to teach anyone to suck eggs,the basic fact is the NL has moved on at quite a rate ,just look at the teams who have been promoted in recent seasons and how they have established themselves.Back to the allocation of tickets ,it’s a business call I think,live on BT late kick would have been an influence,in the past visiting clubs have sold out and further tickets have been allocated .
Our capacity is 5150 so 800 is a fair % ,let’s look forward to a special day for both teams.
If anyone can get a ticket to be close to the away fans enclosure you need to be in the standing area behind the goal as opposed the seating area behind the goal,I hope this helps.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 7, 2021, 10:21am; Reply: 89
800 might be a fair percentage if you normally got 4000 home fans.

How much money does the home team make from BT televising s game? From memory last time round, it was barely enough to buy a quick how’s your father with Sticky Vickie up Star Lane in St Mary Cray, and a some crab powder afterwards.

PS you can have your cake and eat it. Regardless of whether it’s on BT Sport, over 1000 Grimsby fans will turn up.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 7, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 90
Quoted from stevebiggin
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.At no time have tried to teach anyone to suck eggs,the basic fact is the NL has moved on at quite a rate ,just look at the teams who have been promoted in recent seasons and how they have established themselves.Back to the allocation of tickets ,it’s a business call I think,live on BT late kick would have been an influence,in the past visiting clubs have sold out and further tickets have been allocated .
Our capacity is 5150 so 800 is a fair % ,let’s look forward to a special day for both teams.
If anyone can get a ticket to be close to the away fans enclosure you need to be in the standing area behind the goal as opposed the seating area behind the goal,I hope this helps.

I have a couple of questions on this,

- I think from my CSE Maths 800 is around 15% is that what you'd normally allocate?
- Do you normally do ticket only for away fans and if the game wasn't on BT would you think we'd have been given more?
- Do you have a 4G pitch? I'm really interested to see what the difference looks like, personally I like the idea and think it should be extended into the EFL.  
Posted by: stevebiggin, August 7, 2021, 10:38am; Reply: 91
Re 15% I need be more ,as explained depends on the uptake,regarding BT it’s a a rare event s cannot answer with honesty,finally we have a 4g pitch which financially is a godsend.We receive additional income 52 weeks a year together with other outdoor pitches.We are also tenants to another club Cray Valley Wanderers who are a semi pro club .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 7, 2021, 11:29am; Reply: 92
Quoted from stevebiggin
Re 15% I need be more ,as explained depends on the uptake,regarding BT it’s a a rare event s cannot answer with honesty,finally we have a 4g pitch which financially is a godsend.We receive additional income 52 weeks a year together with other outdoor pitches.We are also tenants to another club Cray Valley Wanderers who are a semi pro club .

Thanks, the 4G thing is a really good thing for any small club.    
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 7, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from stevebiggin

The top end of The Conference is weaker than when we were last down there. You only have to look at the squads for a few minutes and compare them to the teams that were getting promoted previously. However, it seems very much like the rest of the division has picked up and there are no longer really any whipping boys.

Cheers for the stand advice, so are you saying go in The North Terrace then? I'm trying to get my head around the layout of your ground and where the seating/standing areas are but can't figure it out.
Posted by: stevebiggin, August 7, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 94
Your looking for the north terrace ,if you intend to use the home entrance remember to use your very best southern accent or failing that I suggest sign language.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 7, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from stevebiggin
Your looking for the north terrace ,if you intend to use the home entrance remember to use your very best southern accent or failing that I suggest sign language.

Haha cheers, I've already decided I'm a ground hopper who was a kink for going wherever the BT cameras are and nobody can prove otherwise.
Posted by: BraStrap, August 7, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 96
Going to be hard to go to games this year. Can see me drifting away altogether. Especially as got out of the habit. At least it means less misery.
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 7, 2021, 4:45pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Son of Cod

The top end of The Conference is weaker than when we were last down there. You only have to look at the squads for a few minutes and compare them to the teams that were getting promoted previously. However, it seems very much like the rest of the division has picked up and there are no longer really any whipping.

I don’t think that’s true. Sure there was generally one or two good teams but this season there’s much more competition with Stockport, wrexham, county and Chesterfield all having strong squads. I don’t think it’s wide of the mark to say the national league has risen in quality since we were last down here.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 7, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from Son of Cod

Haha cheers, I've already decided I'm a ground hopper who was a kink for going wherever the BT cameras are and nobody can prove otherwise.

Whatever floats your boat 😂
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 7, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Mariner93er

I don’t think that’s true. Sure there was generally one or two good teams but this season there’s much more competition with Stockport, wrexham, county and Chesterfield all having strong squads. I don’t think it’s wide of the mark to say the national league has risen in quality since we were last down here.

Okay, I'll rephrase that...before this coming season, the top end in most recent seasons looked weaker than when we were last down here. This is going mainly off the opinion of people I know who support Conference teams. Last time round, it seemed much more like there was a gulf between the sides going for the playoff spots and those in midtable and below. Now it seems like the quality in those sides from say 10th down is better. I do agree that the top looks like it's gonna be tough this season, however I still don't think any of the sides up there will be anything as good as the likes of Crawley, Fleetwood and Luton from our first stint down there. Paddy Madden, Scott Quigley and Paul Mullins are way off the likes of Vardy and Andre Gray.
Posted by: LH, August 7, 2021, 9:55pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from stevebiggin
Well my short friendly note to Grimsby supporters has seemed to upset some commentators.

Apologies if my comment came across as aggressive. I’ve seen a few comments on facebook and twitter telling us in a quite patronising tone from fans of various clubs about how the Conference works as if we didn’t serve a six year sentence down here previously.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 9, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 101
On sale early....................
Posted by: aldi_01, August 9, 2021, 9:36am; Reply: 102
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

To be honest, makes sense…I thought they may have done 9am in the office and 10am online…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2021, 9:38am; Reply: 103
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Just got mine via the on line ticketing system, it is 1000% better than anything we've had before. Well done Town.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 9, 2021, 9:41am; Reply: 104
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Just got mine via the on line ticketing system, it is 1000% better than anything we've had before. Well done Town.

Assuming it’s an E ticket or do you have get one posted?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 9, 2021, 9:49am; Reply: 105
Nothing online now…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 106
Quoted from aldi_01

Assuming it’s an E ticket or do you have get one posted?

It's postal at the moment but I think if you have an account but are not a STH it's an e-ticket.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 107
Quoted from aldi_01
Nothing online now…

DO you have an account?
Posted by: brigg_mariner, August 9, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 108
Sorted, very easy transaction £3 postage.

Another positive step forward from GTFC.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 9, 2021, 10:42am; Reply: 109
Quoted from HertsGTFC

DO you have an account?

Yeh, bought my ST and then used it to buy my rovrum ticket.

Not an issue, my old dear queued up but was curious …
Posted by: thornemariner, August 9, 2021, 11:07am; Reply: 110
I ordered mine online without any problems. Have had to pay a booking fee, even for collection, but that is the norm at many clubs with a similar system. It is a big plus for exiles like me.

Next job is to link my account with ST holder friends so we can book tickets together which seems to be an option.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 9, 2021, 11:25am; Reply: 111
Only 5 seating tickets left…
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 9, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 112
Any idea when then go on sale to 1878 members ?
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 9, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from Civvy at last
Any idea when then go on sale to 1878 members ?

Nothing mentioned, assume club believe they wont get that far and ST holders will take the allocation. Usually they give a time frame for ST holders to get them but they look like they've left this open ended, which is a bit strange. Nothing about opening tickets up to any other groups.

Hopefully more to come as cannot see any logical reason for Bromley not to increase the allocation. Otherwise a fair few are going to have to work on our London accents for the Home end  :)
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 9, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from Mikey_345

Nothing mentioned, assume club believe they wont get that far and ST holders will take the allocation. Usually they give a time frame for ST holders to get them but they look like they've left this open ended, which is a bit strange. Nothing about opening tickets up to any other groups.

Hopefully more to come as cannot see any logical reason for Bromley not to increase the allocation. Otherwise a fair few are going to have to work on our London accents for the Home end  :)

Yeah, I think it's almost a given that they won't get to 1878 members, hence the lack of mention of this in the initial announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if they're soldout today or tomorrow.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 9, 2021, 12:08pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, I think it's almost a given that they won't get to 1878 members, hence the lack of mention of this in the initial announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if they're soldout today or tomorrow.

Yes, would be surprised if they're not. Bromley have average crowd of 1900 with a stadium with a capacity of around 5000. Fingers crossed the allocation is increased....
Posted by: GTFCH, August 9, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 116
Just ordered over the phone. Very helpful service. Plenty of standing tickets left, only 300ish sold so far.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2021, 12:25pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from aldi_01

Yeh, bought my ST and then used it to buy my rovrum ticket.

Not an issue, my old dear queued up but was curious …

Good news!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 9, 2021, 12:41pm; Reply: 118
Just an heads up if you’re buying online and collecting, wait 24 hours as me wife’s just been turned away after queuing ages.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 9, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 119
im not going to Bromley but i am ST holder, if i can help anyone out by getting them a ticket, please PM me
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 9, 2021, 12:51pm; Reply: 120
Yup. At the shop now. Sold out seating and 450 out of 700.
Definitely no more coming due to policing.
Posted by: midlandsmariner, August 9, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from Hagrid
im not going to Bromley but i am ST holder, if i can help anyone out by getting them a ticket, please PM me

I've sent you a PM
Posted by: DG98, August 9, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 122
Hi everyone, new member here! Been on the fishy for a few years but have only made an account today. I’m just wondering if anybody else had any trouble with the new ticketing system? I tried to book tickets online but it said my account was not allowed as I was not a season pass member (i actually ordered two season tickets through my account). I registered when I got told to do so about a month ago so was wondering if anybody else experienced this issue? I’m sure the system itself is very good, I’ve seen a few posts saying it’s very easy to book tickets now, maybe just a few bugs to fix? Or maybe it’s just my account haha. Luckily I got through on the phone and was able to book the two tickets I needed so I’m looking forward to the big day now!!  :) UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 9, 2021, 2:28pm; Reply: 123

Ironically they’ve created a bigger policing problem.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 9, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 124

That does not make sense when the tickets are being sold to known Season Ticket holder, and known 1878 or Trust members as they are the ones who are less likely to cause any problems. The ones who are likely to cause problems are very few and will go in the home end if they can't get a ticket in the away end.

Exiles will go in the home end if necessary as they have done on numerous occasions in the past and will not cause any problems.

Limiting tickets makes no difference as to if there will be problems or there will not be problems. The Police do not help matters as they are still in 1970/80's hooligan mode. Especially in London with the amount of CCTV and the use of spotters at strategic points should be able to respond quickly to any problems with the minimal of personnel. You do not need 200 police offices forming a ring around the ground any more, in any case this just moves the problem elsewhere. We are in the 21st century now, why can't we have modern up to date policing?
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 9, 2021, 2:36pm; Reply: 125

Ironically they’ve created a bigger policing problem.

Yep, absolutely. It creates more problems than it solves. It isn't just going to be the odd one or two in the home end.

Really strange thing to do...
Posted by: mariner83, August 9, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from DG98
Hi everyone, new member here! Been on the fishy for a few years but have only made an account today. I’m just wondering if anybody else had any trouble with the new ticketing system? I tried to book tickets online but it said my account was not allowed as I was not a season pass member (i actually ordered two season tickets through my account). I registered when I got told to do so about a month ago so was wondering if anybody else experienced this issue? I’m sure the system itself is very good, I’ve seen a few posts saying it’s very easy to book tickets now, maybe just a few bugs to fix? Or maybe it’s just my account haha. Luckily I got through on the phone and was able to book the two tickets I needed so I’m looking forward to the big day now!!  :) UTM

Have you done this?
Quoted from Grimsby Town F.C.

Our staff have been working hard over the last 12 months implementing a new ticketing system to help ensure a smooth and simple customer experience for our supporters going forward. We appreciate your patience with us over the last few weeks whilst we have continued to migrate our systems across and ingest our databases across during this transitional season for us.

As always, your season ticket seats will be reserved for both Friendly & Cup fixtures at Blundell Park. Our new system will allow you to purchase tickets to then be 'topped up' onto your season ticket card, eliminating the need for you to come into the ticket office to collect. You can also choose to have your season ticket delivered as an e-ticket via your e-mail to be scanned at the turnstile. These delivery methods can be selected at checkout.

We understand that a number of you have yet to sign up for our new ticketing system, especially those who have renewed your tickets in-store or via or original system.

The e-mail address you have received this communication to is the address we hold for your season ticket, meaning this is the address that you must use to sign in to the account that has been set up for you.

If you have not created your account yourself, you will be required to reset your password to gain access to the system with this account. In order to do this, please click the link below.

[url=https://venuetoolbox.com/grimsby/ASP/login.asp?forgottenPassword=true&email=]CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD[/url]

If you have any issues with your account, please do not hesitate to e-mail sam@gtfc.co.uk, who will be more than happy to assist.

We would like to thank you for your continued support throughout what has been an incredibly difficult period for us all and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Blundell Park.
Posted by: Croxton, August 9, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from mariner83

Have you done this?

I've had similar issues yesterday and today. Contacted Sam but the reset password bit hasn't worked with my email address yet. A very helpful lady in the office is working to solve it. I'll phone back now and try old school method!
Posted by: DG98, August 9, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from mariner83

Have you done this?

Yeah I registered and reset my password, hopefully it’s just a minor error that’s occurred. At least I’m not the only one then Croxton, my account is getting looked into too, I rang up earlier no problem so the old school method is definitely still going strong
Posted by: aldi_01, August 9, 2021, 4:56pm; Reply: 129
To be fair, mines been registered since Sam sent the emails but this morning I couldn’t see the option for Bromley tickets until we’ll after 10am yet others were able to buy before then…

There’ll be teething problems, the understandable but once you ge through its much simpler and intuitive…
Posted by: lukeo, August 9, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 130
Booked my ticket...

In all stars, Taunton. Already requested and they've accepted for me to have one of the screens for the game!  8)
Posted by: Croxton, August 9, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from DG98

Yeah I registered and reset my password, hopefully it’s just a minor error that’s occurred. At least I’m not the only one then Croxton, my account is getting looked into too, I rang up earlier no problem so the old school method is definitely still going strong

Sam has sorted my registration now but I had to switch to another email address. Even then, the reset password link went to Junk!
The office staff have been excellent. These gremlins crop up with any new systems.

Posted by: jaf243, August 11, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 132
Do you need the physical 1878 club ticket to buy bromley tickets? I.E. If I bought my 1878 membership now, would I then be able to go straight online and purchase my Bromley ticket?

Cheers
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 11, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 133
Quoted from jaf243
Do you need the physical 1878 club ticket to buy bromley tickets? I.E. If I bought my 1878 membership now, would I then be able to go straight online and purchase my Bromley ticket?

Cheers

Nope don't need the card, it's linked to your online account so you should be able to do that I'd imagine. I just bought a Bromley ticket and didn't need to use my 1878 card.
Posted by: MaccasBoots, August 11, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from Son of Cod

Nope don't need the card, it's linked to your online account so you should be able to do that I'd imagine. I just bought a Bromley ticket and didn't need to use my 1878 card.

Thanks, managed to get mine! Giddy with excitement!
Posted by: jaf243, August 11, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yep , cheers did that this morning - can't bloody wait!!
Posted by: Belfast Town, August 12, 2021, 6:52am; Reply: 136
Got mine. Flights and accommodation sorted. My first match since December 2019. So excited for the game, and a pub crawl with old friends in London as a bonus.
Posted by: Yossarian, August 12, 2021, 8:50am; Reply: 137
Just booked tickets directly from the Bromley site - will be in the home end, but I'm not some kind of nutter spoiling for a fight, so look forward to a good chat with Bromley fans.....  see you all there chaps!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 12, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 138
Quoted from Yossarian
Just booked tickets directly from the Bromley site - will be in the home end, but I'm not some kind of nutter spoiling for a fight, so look forward to a good chat with Bromley fans.....  see you all there chaps!

120 tickets left on the Town site.
Posted by: nigelh, August 12, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 139
Less than a  hundred available when I bought mine by phone just now, as a Mariners Trust member.
The on-line system wouldn't allow me to book.
Has any Mariners Trust member successfully bought a Bromley ticket on-line? Is there a linkage I'm missing? The ticket office didn't seem to know.
It's a bit of a pain if I have to phone to get  away tickets (before they go on  general sale) every time.
Although, hopefully other games I can get to will be pay on the gate.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 12, 2021, 11:16am; Reply: 140
Quoted from nigelh
Less than a  hundred available when I bought mine by phone just now, as a Mariners Trust member.
The on-line system wouldn't allow me to book.
Has any Mariners Trust member successfully bought a Bromley ticket on-line? Is there a linkage I'm missing? The ticket office didn't seem to know.
It's a bit of a pain if I have to phone to get  away tickets (before they go on  general sale) every time.
Although, hopefully other games I can get to will be pay on the gate.

The 1878 membership is ordered/paid directly to the club/ticket office so they'd linked them all to our online accounts. Unless the club has done this with a list of our trust membership numbers then the two won't be linked, I guess?
Posted by: Southernboy, August 12, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 141
I joined the trust and called ticket office 10 mins later - they had to go and look it up but was all ok and ticket on the way!
Posted by: nigelh, August 12, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 142
Quoted from Son of Cod

The 1878 membership is ordered/paid directly to the club/ticket office so they'd linked them all to our online accounts. Unless the club has done this with a list of our trust membership numbers then the two won't be linked, I guess?
That makes sense as they're different data sources. It's not a big deal for the few occasions I have to buy away tickets in advance
Posted by: brigg_mariner, August 12, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 143
Can you be a season ticket holder and and 1878 member thus getting 2 tickets?
Posted by: Ashby mariner, August 12, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 144
Anyone know if we have any left?
Posted by: ska face, August 12, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 145
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Anyone know if we have any left?

https://mobile.twitter.com/lisagtfc/status/1425890775716483072
Posted by: Ashby mariner, August 12, 2021, 8:48pm; Reply: 146
Thank you
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:00am