Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 3, 2021, 12:47pm
Announced yesterday on Chesterfield Twitter page that it now a 2pm kickoff .Nothing mentioned from GTFC ?

Is this Mr Plod interfering again!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 3, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Announced yesterday on Chesterfield Twitter page that it now a 2pm kickoff .Nothing mentioned from GTFC ?

Says 1pm  (brought forward two hours)
https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/club-news/grimsby-kick-off-brought-forward
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 3, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 2

[tweet]1422543257976836098[/tweet]

Thought so !
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 3, 2021, 3:24pm; Reply: 3
I actually wonder how Humberside police ever managed to control the Grimsby hordes at the recent pre season “ friendly” against Cleethorpes, they probably had the metropolitan polices horse mounted unit and a couple of squads of SAS at the ready.
Posted by: grimps, August 3, 2021, 4:32pm; Reply: 4
To be fair we’ve caused a lot of aggro there over the years
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 3, 2021, 4:38pm; Reply: 5
I was once told a while back that the reason the police like early kick-offs is that they can utilise officers within there shift pattern and not have to pay them overtime.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 3, 2021, 6:53pm; Reply: 6
I was once told a while back that the reason the police like early kick-offs is that they can utilise officers within there shift pattern and not have to pay them overtime.

I suspect it’s to reduce the pre-match alcohol intake.

Apparently, Mike Newell hated them  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last

In that case it’s a good idea, you don’t want drunk coppers in charge of public safety.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 3, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Civvy at last

So why dont they move it to a 9.30am KO, surely there aren't that many Weatherspoons
Posted by: mimma, August 6, 2021, 12:51am; Reply: 9
Remember the Donny game, kick off was brought forward to stop us drinking? Donny pubs were rammed with Town fans by 10!!!  That worked well didn't it?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2021, 5:13am; Reply: 10
The obsession with moving KO’s to negate drinking etc. has to be a waste of time in the long run. There’s multiple ways folk can get hold of and can participate in drinking at any time of the day.

I’ve been trying to find a research paper that a professor wrote, big football fan but was convinced policing methods and the obsession with drinking or stopping it was futile. Made a point that if fans were alllwed to drink at the game like pretty much every other country then you’re unlikely to see the kind of ‘swill it down quick as and ram loads of pints in’ mentality…

I was surprised to see us pick Chesterfield as a pre season game but I guess it’s fairly near by and so forth…

How many conference sides are playing each other that day? It would’ve been easier to just make that fist game of the season…
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:06am