Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, July 31, 2021, 3:12pm
It looks like this is back on following a ruling by European Court of Justice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58032324

Although this refers to Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus it will probably include the 6 English clubs. So it looks as if the outcome of an ESL may be here by the end of this season.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 31, 2021, 3:33pm; Reply: 1
I don't think the European Court of Justice has done anything yet, reading that  :-/
Posted by: blundellpork, July 31, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 2
Pretty straightforward for me. Enter that and you aren’t welcome in ANY of the domestic competitions.
Posted by: mimma, July 31, 2021, 3:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from blundellpork
Pretty straightforward for me. Enter that and you aren’t welcome in ANY of the domestic competitions.

They would argue that this is punishment, and argue that it goes against this ruling.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 31, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Abdul19
I don't think the European Court of Justice has done anything yet, reading that  :-/

Yes, it was a domestic Spanish court ruling. I can't see how they have any real jurisdiction over UEFA.
Posted by: supertown, July 31, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from DB
It looks like this is back on following a ruling by European Court of Justice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58032324

Although this refers to Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus it will probably include the 6 English clubs. So it looks as if the outcome of an ESL may be here by the end of this season.

Do you believe the English clubs will go with that again? It wasnt anything to do with the courts that made it fold , it was public backlash .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 31, 2021, 4:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from supertown

Do you believe the English clubs will go with that again? It wasnt anything to do with the courts that made it fold , it was public backlash .

I wouldn’t put it past them. They’re probably just re-grouping and thinking of ways to weaken the opposition.
Posted by: DB, July 31, 2021, 6:00pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from supertown

You don't know what to believe. 50 years ago if you asked me Americans, Russians and Arabs would control clubs in Div 1, now Premier League, I would have said no way.

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 31, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 8
There’s no way the foreign owners , especially the yanks will be giving up on the golden goose yet .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 31, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 9
I’m not bothered about the ESL it won’t impact GTFC will it?
Posted by: Ipswin, July 31, 2021, 6:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from blundellpork

Can we enter then ? One way of getting out of the Conference
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 31, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

Can we enter then ? One way of getting out of the Conference

Nice to see you back old friend :)
Posted by: DB, July 31, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
There’s no way the foreign owners , especially the yanks will be giving up on the golden goose yet .

If the goose can lay the same golden egg, but you feed it less hen thas more profit!

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 31, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from DB

If the goose can lay the same golden egg, but you feed it less hen thas more profit!

I can forgive you thinking that you feed hens to geese, but do you have to write it in a Yorkshire dialect?

Thas more profit (tha knurs).
Posted by: DB, August 1, 2021, 7:13am; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I can forgive you thinking that you feed hens to geese, but do you have to write it in a Yorkshire dialect?

Thas more profit (tha knurs).

Unfortunately, the 'T' key on my laptop is playing up.

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 12:23pm