Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 30, 2021, 4:45pm
I genuinely am not sure if this 'football related' enough...but please read until the end

Born April 2 1963 Mill Road Maternity Hospital.
1982 left for Preston, Lancashire to study Fine Art
1985 went to Durham to be very unemployed and quite, quite miserable
1986 went to Newcastl to try and start my own business
1989 went Newcastle Uni to become a  teacher
1990 went to London to be a teacher
1994-2021 Kuwait-China-Jakarta
2021, September 14: Back in the town of my birth, using the season ticket I just bought today, hoping to be greeted by some fellow mariners supporters in the bar, because I know absolutely nobody!
I was Beijing Mariner, now I am Jakarta Mariner, but Iam coming home

I will be happy to drink with you

UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, July 30, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from BeijingMariner
I genuinely am not sure if this 'football related' enough...but please read until the end

!982 left fro Preston, Lancashire to study Fine Art
1989 webnt \Newcastle Uni to become a  teacher
2021, September 14: Back in the town of my birth, using the season ticket I just bought today, hoping to be greeted by some fellow mariners supporters in the bar, because I know absolutely nobody!

I will be happy to drink with you and buy everyone a pint.

UTM

That's a very generous offer,  best hope you dont get recognised .  
Posted by: IrishMariner, July 30, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 2

!982 left fro Preston, Lancashire to study Fine Art
1989 webnt \Newcastle Uni to become a  teacher

UTM

Great news.

I have always enjoyed your contributions to the forum and I'm glad you're getting home for the game!

Let's hope it's a good result :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 30, 2021, 6:35pm; Reply: 3
Bit vague about 94-2001 Beijing πŸ˜†. Best not to pry too closely.

Welcome back to Blighty!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 30, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

That's a very generous offer,  best hope you dont get recognised .  

I see what you did there. I will seek you out and get you a shandy. and then send you to a scunny reserves game
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 30, 2021, 7:00pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Bit vague about 94-2001 Beijing πŸ˜†. Best not to pry too closely.

Welcome back to Blighty!

Thank you but either your maths or eyesight is a bit off (or both) but will still have a pint with you :-)
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 30, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

That's an overly generous offer,  please let me pay instead

ok mate cheers, thats very generous.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 30, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 7

Thank you but either your maths or eyesight is a bit off (or both) but will still have a pint with you :-)

Neither. It’s my typing. Should have said 94-2021. πŸ˜„
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 30, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 8

1982 left for Preston, Lancashire to study Fine Art
1989 went Newcastle Uni to become a  teacher

UTM

Welcome back - I suspect you missed Brigg Grammar School / SJN off that list, am I right?

I don't think I'll be at that game, but I'll be at a few home and away so see you in the fan zone sometime - you going to live in Gy / Clee area?

Posted by: gary_elton, July 31, 2021, 1:24am; Reply: 9
Welcome HOME...  did you really attend BGS/SJN  ? I am an Old Briggensian too... Hope to catch you at BP sometime, perhaps the odd away one too  ;)
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 31, 2021, 5:52am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Welcome back - I suspect you missed Brigg Grammar School / SJN off that list, am I right?

I don't think I'll be at that game, but I'll be at a few home and away so see you in the fan zone sometime - you going to live in Gy / Clee area?

I did indeed! Was I being stalked all that time? Technically I missed off Laceby too :-) I'll be living in Cleethorpes for the first year I thinki. See you in the fan zone!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 31, 2021, 5:55am; Reply: 11
Quoted from gary_elton
Welcome HOME...  did you really attend BGS/SJN  ? I am an Old Briggensian too... Hope to catch you at BP sometime, perhaps the odd away one too  ;)

Yes sir, 1974-81, day student, Ken Lamming was the art teacher and Jock Longdon the cruel Chemistry tyrant. See you there!
Posted by: DB, July 31, 2021, 6:27am; Reply: 12

Yes sir, 1974-81, day student, Ken Lamming was the art teacher and Jock Longdon the cruel Chemistry tyrant. See you there!

Jack Moore was far superior and Jock could only teach theory with his notes! Without them, he could only spend the time trying to find them. He wasn't much better at PE either. As you say a tyrant.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 31, 2021, 6:35am; Reply: 13

I did indeed! Was I being stalked all that time? Technically I missed off Laceby too :-) I'll be living in Cleethorpes for the first year I thinki. See you in the fan zone!

I'd say more a Product of Reason...

(I'm getting like Fillipe Noche now...)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 31, 2021, 6:44am; Reply: 14
Quoted from DB

Jack Moore was far superior and Jock could only teach theory with his notes! Without them, he could only spend the time trying to find them. He wasn't much better at PE either. As you say a tyrant.

Feck...we need our own sub-forum - Fishy Briggensians - Twas in the Days of Charles...

Archie Moore was ace...I would say that though he was my god parent. Sadly died of Alzheimer's, I went to the funeral and met a few of the old teachers, for some of whom I was the bane their teaching life for a while...
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 31, 2021, 6:50am; Reply: 15
Quoted from gary_elton

Didn't realise that Gary and your only down the road as well...

We do have Briggensian / Ancholme Jolly Boys trips to away games - had just started planning one for Stockport when they shifted it to the Tuesday night.  

Posted by: DB, July 31, 2021, 7:01am; Reply: 16

Feck...we need our own sub-forum - Fishy Briggensians - Twas in the Days of Charles...

Archie Moore was ace...I would say that though he was my god parent. Sadly died of Alzheimer's, I went to the funeral and met a few of the old teachers, for some of whom I was the bane their teaching life for a while...

My favourite was 'chips' Morris for french, not forgetting a first year Physics teacher Dave Britton. Fortitudine

Posted by: moosey_club, July 31, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 17

ok mate cheers, thats very generous.

Touche
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 31, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 18

I'd say more a Product of Reason...

(I'm getting like Fillipe Noche now...)

Wow, very nice call. There is talk of more PoR music, incidentally :-) I have just made an album with Mark Automaton from the Instant Automatons too. Now this is definitel;y non-football :-)
Posted by: gary_elton, July 31, 2021, 4:33pm; Reply: 19

Didn't realise that Gary and your only down the road as well...

We do have Briggensian / Ancholme Jolly Boys trips to away games - had just started planning one for Stockport when they shifted it to the Tuesday night.  

Came back to Grimsby a year ago... moved away in 1971 when I joined up.  Always up for any ex BGS/Jolly boys trip... Me  the better half and the lad just become S/T holders for the first time...

Remember Archie Moore /Jock Longdon and many others... and can still recall the first verse of the School song... Good grief... πŸ™„  UTM  πŸ΄πŸ³πŸ΄πŸ³πŸ΄
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 1, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from gary_elton

Came back to Grimsby a year ago... moved away in 1971 when I joined up.  Always up for any ex BGS/Jolly boys trip... Me  the better half and the lad just become S/T holders for the first time...

Remember Archie Moore /Jock Longdon and many others... and can still recall the first verse of the School song... Good grief... πŸ™„  UTM  πŸ΄πŸ³πŸ΄πŸ³πŸ΄

Lovely. I will remind you when I am back. But I won't be singing the school tune, because that's Your Song.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 4:37pm