Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 9:11am
Officially announced that he has joined Leicester City now.

[url]https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1421017725699305473?s=19[/url]

Is Louis Boyd still with us?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 30, 2021, 9:13am; Reply: 1
Thats the first time I have ever seen a photo of him.

Good luck to the lad.
Posted by: grimps, July 30, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 2
Are we getting a fee for him ?
Posted by: quebec38, July 30, 2021, 9:31am; Reply: 3
Thats the first time I have ever seen a photo of him.

Good luck to the lad.

Same, seems he is quite an illusive guy. Most places that have written a story on him over the past month have just gone with a picture of Louis Boyd ha ha.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully the club have been rewarded well for their work with him.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 30, 2021, 9:32am; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimps
Are we getting a fee for him ?

Think I saw in the region of £500K compensation mentioned ?
Posted by: thefish, July 30, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let’s hope so! I’ve seen everywhere from £10K to £500K speculated!
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 30, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 6
Good luck to the lad hope it works out for him.

A nice sum of money for us to get that much needed goal scorer.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

It looks like we will get a paltry £60k with fixed fees as he makes appearances.

[url]https://jobs4football.com/how-does-the-eppp-category-system-work/[/url]

Edit: I missed a year off and it's actually £70k we are "entitled" to.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 30, 2021, 9:54am; Reply: 8
Let’s hope Neil woods and his team get the credit they deserve too.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 30, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 9
Good luck to the boy hopefully the new transparent gtfc will inform the fans of the deal
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, July 30, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 10
Has this lad made a first team appearance? or made the squad?

Excellent stuff again from our youth set up - just sometimes wish we could get to see some of this talent play
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 30, 2021, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It looks like we will get a paltry £60k with fixed fees as he makes appearances.

Had a look at this James - how did you come up with 60k?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 2:16pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Had a look at this James - how did you come up with 60k?

Looks like I missed a year out of my calculations and it's £71.5k but that's still peanuts.

In the academy at the age of 9, 10 & 11 - 3x £3k = £9k
In our category 3 academy at the age of 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 - 5x £12.5k = £62.5k

If we've managed to get more than £70k up front for him then fair play to the board and Leicester City. It absolutely stinks that they can have a kid we've spent 8 years training for £70k and we can't do anything to stop it.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 30, 2021, 2:28pm; Reply: 13
I think because there was more than one interested party, it basically kicks in as a normal transfer rather than EPPP, i.e it became/becomes a bidding war.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think because there was more than one interested party, it basically kicks in as a normal transfer rather than EPPP, i.e it became/becomes a bidding war.

Reading the article on the OS, it implies that it was down to Ben to decide which club was best for him so I don't think it became a bidding war in terms of the transfer fee. Due to EPPP, whoever wants him only has to pay us £70k and then it's down to those interested clubs to convince him that they are the best destination.
Posted by: MarinerMal, July 30, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc

That EPPP system is a disgrace.

So if Grist was to be a success and go on and make 40 Premier League appearances and look the real deal, before being sold to someone like Man City for £50 million (hypothetical, I know)  Town would be due just £600,000?

Why are we apart of such a system? I assume we get some paltry hand me down form the EPL clubs?

It is interesting to note the the clubs who don't take part

Brentford - Just promoted to the Premier League for the first time in their history
Huddersfield - Promoted the Premier League a couple of years ago for the first time
Wycombe - Promoted to the Championship for the first time in their history
Tranmere - National League to League One in successive seasons before being unluckily relegated to League Two because of a curtailed season.

It makes you wonder if there is more benefit not being part of such a system?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MarinerMal

That EPPP system is a disgrace.

So if Grist was to be a success and go on and make 40 Premier League appearances and look the real deal, before being sold to someone like Man City for £50 million (hypothetical, I know)  Town would be due just £600,000?

Why are we apart of such a system? I assume we get some paltry hand me down form the EPL clubs?

It is interesting to note the the clubs who don't take part

Brentford - Just promoted to the Premier League for the first time in their history
Huddersfield - Promoted the Premier League a couple of years ago for the first time
Wycombe - Promoted to the Championship for the first time in their history
Tranmere - National League to League One in successive seasons before being unluckily relegated to League Two because of a curtailed season.

It makes you wonder if there is more benefit not being part of such a system?

Ben Grist is a really promising talent and he's potentially gone for £70k without playing a game having been coached by our academy staff for 8 years.

Mattie Pollock was coached elsewhere and joined us having been released from the academy system. After 3 years and a good number of games, we've just received £250k plus potential add ons.

Rumarn Burrell joined us as another player released from the academy system that we signed at 16. After 3 years and 4 cameos was sold for a rumoured £100k.

And then we have Ryan Bennett, released by Ipswich and joined us at 16. 100 games later we sold him for £500k and got another £500k when he was sold to Norwich.

In our first team squad we've currently got Evan Khouri, a player with a similar back story to Pollock, Burrell and Bennett. Easy to see why a few clubs are beginning to think an academy is a waste of time.
Posted by: Lincspoacher, July 30, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jamesgtfc

GTFC have received 200K so far but a multitude of add ons including playing for England etc in the future
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 30, 2021, 4:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Lincspoacher

GTFC have received 200K so far but a multitude of add ons including playing for England etc in the future

200k? Where did this come from Poacher?
Posted by: Tommy, July 30, 2021, 5:41pm; Reply: 19

Leicester City presumably. 😉
Posted by: Meza, July 30, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Lincspoacher

And what happens to these "add ons" when he is released or sold to another club.  Do they still apply, very much doubt it.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 30, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 21
This should give GTFC more reason to improve and progress as a club . If we were a successful team in L1 players like Grist , Pollock and Burrell would be more likely to stay longer , develop and become more valuable saleable assets , increasing income and giving us a bigger budget for improving the squad and infrastructure….
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 30, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Tommy

Leicester City presumably. 😉

Ha! Ok where did the source of your info come from over the 200k already received? Obviously not from the EPPP.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 30, 2021, 6:39pm; Reply: 23
Great move for the lad, if its 200k then that is probably excellent, nobody knows if these lads are really going to break through. Maybe he'll play for England and be worth 50 million or maybe he'll never play a first team game.
Posted by: Poojah, July 30, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Great move for the lad, if its 200k then that is probably excellent, nobody knows if these lads are really going to break through. Maybe he'll play for England and be worth 50 million or maybe he'll never play a first team game.

Fair point. I think we’re all just a bit scarred by Jack Barlow’s golden ball winning performance at the Euro’s.
Posted by: Lincspoacher, July 30, 2021, 10:44pm; Reply: 25

Sorry, am going to have to duck that question, but I have no reason to make that figure up. It’s good business for Town and for Leicester as Ben has real talent and perhaps more importantly at this age, the right attitude and work ethic
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 30, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 26
There are two massive pluses for this. Firstly we get some decent money coming in. £200k is a big deal especially added to the Pollock money. The youth set up is more than funding itself and that’s so important for the club and the community. Secondly, it shows we can be trusted with young players. Our place in the food chain means that that could result in bigger clubs lending us some talent. Woods is doing a tremendous job here and long may it continue.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 8:02am