Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 29, 2021, 5:10pm
Long time since this has been allowed for Town fans.

Anyone going to Hyde tomorrow night can have a beer whilst watching the game!

Quoted Text
Where to Eat & Drink

The tea bar, which is behind the main stand, will be serving hot and cold food on the night.

The Social Club will also be open and welcomes visiting fans. Bottled beer and cans are available.

Drinking is allowed on the terraces, as long as any alcohol is in plastics cups, which are available at the bar.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 29, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
Literally zero reason this shouldn’t be the norm…literally one of the few countries left that don’t allow it…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 29, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 2
One of the reasons I liked wandering over to see Hampton & Richmond (National League South so half decent football too).
Posted by: Stadium, July 29, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 3
"encouraging" supporters to have a beer.
It's an outrage.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 29, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner
One of the reasons I liked wandering over to see Hampton & Richmond (National League South so half decent football too).

I don't drink much but watching a game of football, outside with a pint of pale ale just feels right.
Posted by: BraStrap, July 29, 2021, 9:12pm; Reply: 5
It would stop me going altogether. I stopped going to cricket because I hated the alcohol, you could get drenched in the stuff. You might think it's harmless fun but it's poison to a lot of people.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 29, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 6
When’s having a beer during the match ever got you 3 pints 😉
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 29, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 7
Having said that, I did see one lad who must have smuggled his beer out of the bar, supping a pint in The Upper Findus on Saturday.
Posted by: WetFlannel, July 29, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from BraStrap
It would stop me going altogether. I stopped going to cricket because I hated the alcohol, you could get drenched in the stuff. You might think it's harmless fun but it's poison to a lot of people.

There’s a stand at all cricket games which is a non alcoholic stand. Could do the same with football. Allow drinking, and have the main stand as a non alcohol stand for those who don’t like it. I feel like it would certainly help with the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground. Everyone’s happy.
Posted by: BraStrap, July 29, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WetFlannel

There’s a stand at all cricket games which is a non-alcoholic stand. Could do the same with football. Allow drinking, and have the main stand as a non alcohol stand for those who don’t like it. I feel like it would certainly help with the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground. Everyone’s happy.

Thanks, I didn't realise that. Staying sober is the most important thing in my life. Cricket is just an excuse to drink though and the result is irrelevant to most. I'd like to think that football matters more to onlookers than what goes down their throat.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 29, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 10
Whilst I’ve never encountered a ‘dry’ stand so to speak, there are areas of grounds I’ve been to on the continent that don’t get rowdy etc.

Equally, in Italy, if you don’t like rowdiness or flares etc then don’t stand behind the goal…simples…
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 30, 2021, 12:41am; Reply: 11
Could the game be in doubt due to torrential rain from Storm Evert?
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:10am