Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 27, 2021, 1:04pm
As the “Rumours” thread shows we really are desperate to see those final pieces fall into place. I’d prefer to not have another 13 page thread that descends into Dictionary Corner, so for the love of god can we get these players signed?

Anyone got any ideas who they might be? 😉😂
Posted by: mimma, July 27, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 1
No!!
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 27, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
As the “Rumours” thread shows we really are desperate to see those final pieces fall into place. I’d prefer to not have another 13 page thread that descends into Dictionary Corner, so for the love of god can we get these players signed?

Anyone got any ideas who they might be? 😉😂

Pretty sure your use of the word rumours should be in single inverted commas there, but perhaps someone can clear that up for us?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 27, 2021, 2:05pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Son of Cod

Pretty sure your use of the word rumours should be in single inverted commas there, but perhaps someone can clear that up for us?

Superb - Pythonesque humour that...

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 27, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 4

Let's be patient.

Is it let's or lets ?
Posted by: coddy60, July 27, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 5
Have patience, there's work going on behind the scenes, biggest signings to come 😉
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 27, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's be patient.

Is it let's or lets ?

Let's. It should be let us be patient, so the apostrope replaces the missing u.  :)
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 27, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 7
Patience is about to be rewarded

Some on here even have PM’s on which they can time check against official announcements and any usual media rumour mill mentions
Posted by: Ipswin, July 27, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Some on here even have PM’s on which they can time check against official announcements and any usual media rumour mill mentions

Just straight forward PMs surely, no need for the apostrophe unless there is something belonging to the PM of course (like Mrs Johnson perhaps)

Alternatively you could be trying to say the PM is something,The PM's a fat lying twit would be correct for example
Posted by: Davec, July 27, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 9

I can corroborate this.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 27, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 10

Why not share your nuggets of information with everyone?
Posted by: thefish, July 27, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Because they are more chicken nuggets than golden nuggets!
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 27, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Because I just get criticised when I  do. So instead I choose to just inform a few people when they can start to keep refreshing for an announcement
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, July 27, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 13

Because I just get criticised when I  do. So instead I choose to just inform a few people when they can start to keep refreshing for an announcement

Could you suggest a timeline, minutes, hours or days?
Posted by: Mikey_345, July 27, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 14

You mean like you’ve said several times and nothing happened… Then made some rubbish up like you didn’t say which Friday!

As I’ve said before, quite happy to admit I’m wrong if I am. All you have to do is give some more specific info. Instead of your usual cryptic bullshit than can be applied to anything after the event.
Posted by: Barrattstander, July 27, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 15
According to this article if a released player hasn't got fixed up with a new club then he is paid until the end of July by his previous club....so expect a lot of action in the next few days as players accept contracts or become unemployed.
[url]https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19455050.bantams-unhappy-way-york-handled-donaldson-signing/[/url]
Posted by: Abdul19, July 27, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 16
One certain former club majority share holder must be gutted he never thought of that
Posted by: Squinter, July 27, 2021, 5:53pm; Reply: 17

With no footy to watch at the moment, I quite like trying to figure out the cryptic clues ( even if a couple have been a bit Ted Rodgers ).  Go on give us a clue, music related is good.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 27, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 18
I must admit I do quite like Fillipe’s cryptic posts, even just for how much it winds others up 😂
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 27, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Squinter

With no footy to watch at the moment, I quite like trying to figure out the cryptic clues ( even if a couple have been a bit Ted Rodgers ).  Go on give us a clue, music related is good.

https://youtu.be/uzR5jM9UeJA
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from coddy60
Have patience, there's work going on behind the scenes, biggest signings to come 😉

Who do you think you are, Felipe?

😁
Posted by: moosey_club, July 27, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 21

You have made that a bit easy Filipe for all us pop pickers ....

Anastacia - the a.k.a stage/  recording name used by female artist ....

whose real name is Omar Bogle .

Posted by: Squinter, July 27, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 22
Clutching at straws with that clue, but Charles Vernam, plays OUTSIDE on the LEFT and maybe we have got him on A LONE
Posted by: Abdul19, July 27, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 23
Ian Holloway wanted to bring in Anastasia Dobromyslova
Posted by: ginnywings, July 28, 2021, 12:04am; Reply: 24
Do outside lefts still exist in football?

Maybe we are getting one on loan.

I think I can stand the suspense until we officially announce someone.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 28, 2021, 12:49pm; Reply: 25

Do you get it now 😂😂
Posted by: Squinter, July 28, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 26

Do you get it now 😂😂

Bit Ted Rogers that one Fillipe, no chance of getting that.   Keep them coming though
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 28, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Squinter

Bit Ted Rogers that one Fillipe, no chance of getting that.   Keep them coming though

It was a bit wasn’t it. I couldn’t find a song that mentioned left back or left full back or left wing back.

Best I could do sorry 😂
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 28, 2021, 1:07pm; Reply: 28

It was a bit wasn’t it. I couldn’t find a song that mentioned left back or left full back or left wing back.

Best I could do sorry 😂

Fillipe what is your response to this?

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNdcFPjGsm8[/url]
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, July 28, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Fillipe what is your response to this?

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNdcFPjGsm8[/url]

I have no news regarding who we will sign as our Number 9 at this present time.

Exciting though, waiting for news on this. When you consider the strikers we already have in the building, and none of those have been given 9, it must mean someone special is about to arrive
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 28, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 30
https://youtu.be/RVFwARLFOGY

Is it him?
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), July 28, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 31
Just to confirm; Fellipe accurately predicted this signing yesterday at 3pm!

Fair play!! UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 28, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 32
So he works at/for the club. Wow. What a legend.
Posted by: Davec, July 28, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from 1542
Just to confirm; Fellipe accurately predicted this signing yesterday at 3pm!

Fair play!! UTM

And I can confirm this.

It's not the first time he has correctly predicted a signing, he has done it several occasions.

Maybe it is about time people give him a bit of credit as he does seem to have contacts/sources.
Posted by: Meza, July 28, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Davec

And I can confirm this.

It's not the first time he has correctly predicted a signing, he has done it several occasions.

Maybe it is about time people give him a bit of credit as he does seem to have contacts/sources.

Its because people think FN is Philip Day, and because he was JF no.2 is automatically hated.   Personally not had any issues with FN and kudos for continuing to give info despite all the crap he gets.

#givehimabreak
Posted by: acko338, July 28, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 35
And now we wait patiently for the hard to find attacking players to finish off this year's squad.

Will the match against Burnley's Under 23's perhaps throw up an emerging gem?

If so, it would probably be a winger, rather than a 20 goals a season centre forward.

Watching the Rotherham game, we look to be good at finding attacking opportunities, but lack the sharpness of a quality striker.

An established forward in reasonably decent form could have had a couple of goals with ease.

It's possibly the most important and potentially expensive addition to date, unless we find a hidden Connell, Bogle or Amond hiding without a current goalscoring record in place as none of them did when they joined us.
Posted by: toontown, July 28, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from acko338
And now we wait patiently for the hard to find attacking players to finish off this year's squad.

Will the match against Burnley's Under 23's perhaps throw up an emerging gem?

If so, it would probably be a winger, rather than a 20 goals a season centre forward.

Watching the Rotherham game, we look to be good at finding attacking opportunities, but lack the sharpness of a quality striker.

An established forward in reasonably decent form could have had a couple of goals with ease.

It's possibly the most important and potentially expensive addition to date, unless we find a hidden Connell, Bogle or Amond hiding without a current goalscoring record in place as none of them did when they joined us.

Bogle wasn't one of those he had scored about 50 goals in his two seasons prior to joining us and was a 'hot property' rather than being a hidden gem.
Posted by: ska face, July 28, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 37
New article on the official site hints that a new signing might be in tomorrow. What do we know Phil? My PMs are open if you need to speak in confidence. (ziped)
Posted by: Mariner56, July 28, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ska face
New article on the official site hints that a new signing might be in tomorrow. What do we know Phil? My PMs are open if you need to speak in confidence. (ziped)

Yes I noticed that too, the comment was added in brackets to PH's interview.
Fingers crossed it's a striker!

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 28, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 39
The article  also mentions the 10 new signings.  Revan is no11 so maybe he was the one hinted at
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 8:01pm