Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: IrishMariner, July 27, 2021, 12:35pm
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1419983806367469568

This might sound like a stupid question to locals but where is this?

Great to see a bit of initiative being used in the pre-season!
Posted by: Fette Schlange, July 27, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 1
Waltham golf club…
Posted by: IrishMariner, July 27, 2021, 12:58pm; Reply: 2
Perfect, thanks!

At least it isn't Waltham Darts Club ;)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 27, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from IrishMariner
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1419983806367469568

This might sound like a stupid question to locals but where is this?

Great to see a bit of initiative being used in the pre-season!

Mottram Hall in Cheshire which fits in with the Hyde game on Friday.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 27, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Yeah found it on Google Maps

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3140151,-2.1736918,231m/data=!3m1!1e3

Posted by: pontoon442, July 27, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 5
Germany used Mottram Hall
as their base during Euro 96' which the won...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 27, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Trying to work out who would Red Cross a fact. 🤨
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 27, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Trying to work out who would Red Cross a fact. 🤨

I wish GrimRob would re-program the website to show the individuals that red cross all the time. The reasons they do it is a) because they are anonymous and b) they crave a reaction. It would stop if they were no longer anonymous.

Sad individuals, whoever they are.

p.s. To those saddo's, feel free to red cross me all you want because I have disabled seeing what people think of me. I don't care. You won't get a reaction from me.
Posted by: Fette Schlange, July 27, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 8
p.s. To those saddo's, feel free to red cross me all you want because I have disabled seeing what people think of me. I don't care. You won't get a reaction from me.

16 red crosses and 1 gold star, will keep you updated
Posted by: Fette Schlange, July 27, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fette Schlange

17 and 0 gold stars
Posted by: ska face, July 27, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 10

I wish GrimRob would re-program the website to show the individuals that red cross all the time. The reasons they do it is a) because they are anonymous and b) they crave a reaction. It would stop if they were no longer anonymous.

Just turn them off in your settings before you have a coronary.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 27, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ska face

Just turn them off in your settings before you have a coronary.

They have been turned off for over a year now.

The chance of a coronary is nil as I don't care whether people red Cross me or not.........but having been kept up to date it goes to prove there are at least 17 sad individuals on the site
Posted by: Poojah, July 27, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 12

They have been turned off for over a year now.

The chance of a coronary is nil as I don't care whether people red Cross me or not.........but having been kept up to date it goes to prove there are at least 17 sad individuals on the site

This is a forum aimed primarily at the long-suffering supporters of an unfashionable, perennially struggling, non-league football club. At the time of writing there are 6,006 registered members.

I think it's safe to say there are AT LEAST 17 sad individuals on the site, and I couldn't be prouder to be one of 'em.
Posted by: DB, July 28, 2021, 6:49am; Reply: 13

I don't always agree with you, but you're my gold star man today.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 28, 2021, 7:51am; Reply: 14
WB jockstrap is right if possible let’s see whose red crossing what etc.  This forum over the years has been mainly pro the old regime until very recently , seems a few still hanging around
Posted by: codcheeky, July 28, 2021, 9:25am; Reply: 15
I always thought it was fishy tradition to Red Cross anyone moaning about red crosses, if you are that worried about a few idiots who are succeeding in getting a rise every time someone moans then you need to turn the feature off or not bother posting
Posted by: Garth, July 28, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 16
I always red cross anyone who moans about red crosses, it's a gauge of people's thoughts most of the time.
Unless of course they are red crossing facts, that's just silly.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 28, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 17
So if I moan about the number of green crosses will people act the same?
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 28, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 18
Would be highly surprised if we don’t have a few trialists away from prying eyes while we are trining away. Maybe a couple of strikers that have yet to be announced.
Posted by: Macca_D, July 28, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 19
The fact you get d1ck hurt over a red cross says a lot about you then it does about the saddo giving you it!
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 28, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Fette Schlange

Don't worry about I am sure I have at least 2 red cross stalkers who would give me a red cross if i was to say it's a nice day,I take it as a compliment that I have disturbed someones equilibrium by making self reflect to cause them dissonance.
Posted by: DB, July 28, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

This is a forum aimed primarily at the long-suffering supporters of an unfashionable, perennially struggling, non-league football club. At the time of writing there are 6,006 registered members.

I think it's safe to say there are AT LEAST 17 sad individuals on the site, and I couldn't be prouder to be one of 'em.

What you failed to point out is on average there were about only 200+ active members per day for the last week. So 17 out of this figure is quite large, say 7.5%.

Just saying.

Posted by: codcheeky, July 28, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from DB

What you failed to point out is on average there were about only 200+ active members per day for the last week. So 17 out of this figure is quite large, say 7.5%.

Just saying.

8.5%
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 28, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 23
[youtube]VV1CvjTIFBc[/youtube]
Posted by: golfer, July 28, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from monkeyboy
Would be highly surprised if we don’t have a few trialists away from prying eyes while we are trining away. Maybe a couple of strikers that have yet to be announced.

Why are you talking about football on a football forum ?   An old woman went into Boodles in London and substituted diamonds for pebbles - my mate went in and stole them. She got 5 green ticks and he got 10 red x's   FFS
Posted by: golfer, July 28, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from IrishMariner
Perfect, thanks!

At least it isn't Waltham Darts Club ;)

I played golf there and often scored one hundred and eighteee
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 28, 2021, 10:13pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from golfer

I played golf there and often scored one hundred and eighteee

In 20 darts
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 29, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 27
I think it's safe to say that none of our players would make it as a golf pro!  :)
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2021, 8:49am; Reply: 28
Do we know if the players we told that they can go are with the squad at the training camp? The likes of Rose, Jackson, Williams….

I think they could all be good assets in the conference next season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 30, 2021, 8:51am; Reply: 29
Quoted from chaos33
Do we know if the players we told that they can go are with the squad at the training camp? The likes of Rose, Jackson, Williams….

I think they could all be good assets in the conference next season.

They haven't been seen in any video so I don't know where they are. Says it all that nobody has signed any of them yet though.
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2021, 9:10am; Reply: 30
Which surprises me a bit as I think they would all do well at ‘non-league’ level. I thought Jackson had assets and could improve under Hurst’s coaching to be worth keeping and using, and Williams has a good pedigree, can score goals and didn’t do badly at all last season IMO. Danny Rose is obviously older but has lots of experience at a higher level and he has class although didn’t show that to best effect in any consistent way last season. I guess Hurst knows best though.
Posted by: golfer, July 30, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 31
Maybe their present wages are so good that they don't want to take a pay cut.  Can't see Ragarse Rovers paying them what they are on here.
Posted by: blundellpork, August 1, 2021, 7:56am; Reply: 32
Rose looked way off the pace of the game last season, not just his legs, but mentally too. Honestly can’t see him playing at Conference level for anyone next year, and would need to drop at least one further division to get game time.

Williams may have something about him, but is far too delicate and fragile for Hurst.

I thought Jackson showed promise  and would probably do a reasonable job at Conference level. However, I trust Hursts judgement.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:47pm