Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nutsy, July 25, 2021, 6:05pm
I’ve missed much of preseason and not followed the games, can some people breakdown who we’ve signed and who’s performed well (and what positions they play)!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 1
From the top of my head we’ve signed 2 right-backs, a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a winger, a couple of forwards and an old fashioned big striker.

Some of them performed well and others not so much.

I’d expect some of them to start the season in the XI and others not too.

I hope that’s useful.
Posted by: golfer, July 25, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 2
Thankyou.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 25, 2021, 10:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GollyGTFC
From the top of my head we’ve signed 2 right-backs, a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a winger, a couple of forwards and an old fashioned big striker.

Some of them performed well and others not so much.

I’d expect some of them to start the season in the XI and others not too.

I hope that’s useful.

More incisive than most tv pundits.
Posted by: somersetmariner, July 26, 2021, 1:48am; Reply: 4
There was a guy a few years ago who would offer the most in depth analysis of every player, every game.

His posts were always insightful and helpful for an exiled fan. Though he did get a bit carried away sometimes.

I’m not sure what happened to him. Probably drowned in his bullet points…

Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 26, 2021, 6:54am; Reply: 5
Crooks (LB) - Looks a very steady and assured type from what I've seen. A Gregor Robertson type, consistent every game.

Michee Efete (RB) - Engine like a mustang will look to get forward whenever possible and another attacking outlet, don't think we've had a full back with that much imagination to get up the pitch since Aswad Thomas. Could be a gem.

Ryan Sears (CB, RB) - Utility player who can cover a number of positions, good height and looks a very physical player. Think it was he who was at fault for goal Saturday?

David Longe-King (CB) - One of the ones I'm most excited about. Looks absolutely monstrous and will probably win just about anything in the air. Think if played next to Shaun Pearson all year he will develop leaps and bounds with positioning ect.

Shaun Pearson (CB) - Should never have been allowed to leave.

Ben Fox (CM) - Think he will turn out to be best signing of the lot, proper ball playing midfielder with absolutely bags of energy. Can see why Burton fans wanted to keep him.

Erico Sousa (LW, RW) - Another that I think will be a fan favourite. A winger that likes to get a ball and run at people, sometimes will be worth the Match day ticket price alone. Look forward to watching him play!

Joel Grant (RW, LW) - Great pedigree at a higher level and you've obviously got something about you if you've got over 20 caps for your country. If his head is in it then another gem of a signing.

Jason McAtee (AM) - Anyone who leaves Scunthorpe for Grimsby must have abit about them, looks like he will run all day and chase down balls, the sort of player who's work will go unnoticed.

Ryan Taylor (ST) - Fans everywhere he's been haven't got a bad word to say about him, only seen him for the brief cameo against Clee - hopefully his injury isn't going to keep him out for a while. Could be very very useful in this league.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 26, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 6
There’s a new candy girl
Posted by: Hagrid, July 26, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 7
Quoted from somersetmariner
There was a guy a few years ago who would offer the most in depth analysis of every player, every game.

His posts were always insightful and helpful for an exiled fan. Though he did get a bit carried away sometimes.

I’m not sure what happened to him. Probably drowned in his bullet points…

80’s glory
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 26, 2021, 9:10am; Reply: 8
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Crooks (LB) - Looks a very steady and assured type from what I've seen. A Gregor Robertson type, consistent every game.

Michee Efete (RB) - Engine like a mustang will look to get forward whenever possible and another attacking outlet, don't think we've had a full back with that much imagination to get up the pitch since Aswad Thomas. Could be a gem.

Ryan Sears (CB, RB) - Utility player who can cover a number of positions, good height and looks a very physical player. Think it was he who was at fault for goal Saturday?

David Longe-King (CB) - One of the ones I'm most excited about. Looks absolutely monstrous and will probably win just about anything in the air. Think if played next to Shaun Pearson all year he will develop leaps and bounds with positioning ect.

Shaun Pearson (CB) - Should never have been allowed to leave.

Ben Fox (CM) - Think he will turn out to be best signing of the lot, proper ball playing midfielder with absolutely bags of energy. Can see why Burton fans wanted to keep him.

Erico Sousa (LW, RW) - Another that I think will be a fan favourite. A winger that likes to get a ball and run at people, sometimes will be worth the Match day ticket price alone. Look forward to watching him play!

Joel Grant (RW, LW) - Great pedigree at a higher level and you've obviously got something about you if you've got over 20 caps for your country. If his head is in it then another gem of a signing.

Jason McAtee (AM) - Anyone who leaves Scunthorpe for Grimsby must have abit about them, looks like he will run all day and chase down balls, the sort of player who's work will go unnoticed.

Ryan Taylor (ST) - Fans everywhere he's been haven't got a bad word to say about him, only seen him for the brief cameo against Clee - hopefully his injury isn't going to keep him out for a while. Could be very very useful in this league.

There’s always one…
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 26, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 9
Maybe 80’s glory was shot by his own bullet points rather than drowned in his bullet points?

His analyses were very thorough and helped any discussion. People did not have to read them if they didn’t want to,
Posted by: somersetmariner, July 26, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 10
Brilliant, Thanks

Yeah it was 80’s Glory. I did enjoy his reviews.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 26, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GtfcGarner

He was actually getting in position to block the free header that two other players let their man have, one maybe two of the youths didnt track or challenge the header, Sears and Macca collided as they both looked to block/ save it.
Sears wasnt on for long but he looked quite quick strong and ok in the air too.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 26, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
There’s a new candy girl

You are my world...
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:12pm