Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 24, 2021, 9:40pm

It's great getting all this GTFC YouTube stuff for free but I would have been happy to pay for it like I did for iFollow, more money for the club.

Anyway, Town v Rotherham, full 90 minutes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_-TB1yqv0
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 24, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice
It's great getting all this GTFC YouTube stuff for free but I would have been happy to pay for it like I did for iFollow, more money for the club.
The big clubs must be pulling in some reasonable revenue from monetisation on their YouTube channel.  When Man Utd announced the signing of Sancho yesterday its already pulled in 660k views.(ohmy) Obviously we won't be on par with the likes of them, but, the videos being shared more on social media, Twitter, Facebook, The Fishy etc where there's a reasonable amount of people to see them, also get people who have a YouTube account, set the alarm icon to get alerts for new videos to increase the amount of views.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 24, 2021, 11:37pm; Reply: 2
Cheers PP
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 25, 2021, 1:04am; Reply: 3
Monetisation is the key on YouTube. We could do with a viral video or 2 to set us up for that.
Posted by: livosnose, July 25, 2021, 8:07am; Reply: 4
I was an avid I follower but it’s been cancelled however 40 quid has now left my account. I’ve tweeted the club as I’m not sure what its for / what I’m expected to get but so far no response.  Can anyone help ?
Posted by: ska face, July 25, 2021, 8:23am; Reply: 5
Quoted from livosnose
I was an avid I follower but it’s been cancelled however 40 quid has now left my account. I’ve tweeted the club as I’m not sure what its for / what I’m expected to get but so far no response.  Can anyone help ?

Better off emailing the iFollow people directly as I don’t think the club has anything to do with it.
Posted by: oochiad, July 25, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 6
You need to contact ifollow to cancel. I sent them an email and they cancelled it straight away.
Posted by: BraStrap, July 25, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 7
Wish they'd put more highlights on. Than a full 90-minute dump of a game.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 25, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from BraStrap
Wish they'd put more highlights on. Than a full 90-minute dump of a game.

They will. I think they just put the full game on as soon as they can for fans, and the post an edited highlights a day or 2 later.
Posted by: BraStrap, July 25, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 9

They will. I think they just put the full game on as soon as they can for fans, and the post an edited highlights a day or 2 later.

OK, thanks. Does anyone watch a 90 min video in full, without fast-forwarding? Just curious,
Posted by: Barrattstander, July 25, 2021, 11:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 11140
OK, thanks. Does anyone watch a 90 min video in full, without fast-forwarding? Just curious,

I've been fast-forwarding through the highlights for the last 20 years.

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 26, 2021, 12:08am; Reply: 11

Anyway, Town v Rotherham, full 90 minutes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_-TB1yqv0

I see Macca dropped the match ball right at the end  8)

Posted by: ginnywings, July 26, 2021, 12:26am; Reply: 12
Quoted from BraStrap

I've just watched the film Stand By Me, without fast forwarding. It has a running time of 89 minutes, so I almost made it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 27, 2021, 2:22pm; Reply: 13

Interesting....

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2021/july/introducing-blues-tv/
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 27, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 14

Going to be some unhappy fans desperate for highlights:

The National League stipulate that clubs cannot publish any match footage on their own digital channels until Monday following a Saturday match, or 10pm the following day for non-Saturday matches. By comparison, the EFL permit clubs to publish match footage in the early hours the day following the match. The club apologise for any frustration this may cause.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 27, 2021, 3:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Going to be some unhappy fans desperate for highlights:

The National League stipulate that clubs cannot publish any match footage on their own digital channels until Monday following a Saturday match, or 10pm the following day for non-Saturday matches. By comparison, the EFL permit clubs to publish match footage in the early hours the day following the match. The club apologise for any frustration this may cause.

One question arises from that statement.....Why?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 27, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Les Brechin

One question arises from that statement.....Why?

I don't know when the BT highlights go live but I assume it has something to do with getting as many views/subscriptions on BT as possible.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 12:14am