Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 21, 2021, 10:20pm
Who do we support in the Hundred - I'm going for Northern Supercharge? Some may not like supporting Yorkies mind...
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 21, 2021, 10:59pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Who do we support in the Hundred - I'm going for Northern Supercharge? Some may not like supporting Yorkies mind...

I quite enjoyed the women’s match tonight. First time watching women’s cricket. Good quality.

It’ll never match test cricket but if it encourages people to play and watch sport, I’m all for it.

It will have to be Manchester Originals for me.
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 21, 2021, 11:27pm; Reply: 2
Southern Brave look strong on paper but I’ll go with Trent Rockets.

Test Cricket is and always will be the pinnacle to me but more Cricket to watch in any format is just fine by me, there is a time and place for it all.

Great some of it is on the beeb too
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 3
I always fall asleep after about 3 balls of any cricket match.   ;D
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 22, 2021, 11:53am; Reply: 4
I love Test cricket but you need a gateway to the sport. My lads love sport and play cricket but they are 8 and 6 and would struggle to sit and watch a Test for very long. Telling them it might get really exciting in three days doesn't quite cut it.

Can see why county fans are worried about franchises bit I guess the idea is to concentrate the quality into a smaller number of teams. Enjoyed what I watched last night though not the horrible on screen graphics but will have another look tonight.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 22, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 5

I quite enjoyed the women’s match tonight. First time watching women’s cricket. Good quality.

It’ll never match test cricket but if it encourages people to play and watch sport, I’m all for it.

It will have to be Manchester Originals for me.
Good name but will go down like a sack of sick with cricket followers in Liverpool.

Northern Supercharge is a crap name. Should have been The Vikings or the Northern Invaders. Viking / DaneLaw is a historic link for Yorkshire, Lincs and the North East.

Posted by: aldi_01, July 26, 2021, 6:08am; Reply: 6
Not a lot of thought can have gone in to the names but as a novice that knows shitall about cricket, what I’ve seen so far has been decent and the ex pros etc seem to think it’s a success.

My friend is a cricket nerd so I’m off to Trent bridge in a few weeks to take in hundred game.

I know purists probably worry and aren’t keen but anything to get younger folk in to the game and speed it up a bit can only be a good thing…
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 12:42pm