Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Poojah, July 20, 2021, 10:30pm
It's been a long time coming, but there are subtle signs of professionalism beginning to creep in at GTFC. There's a painful irony that it's taken us to find ourselves back in non-league to start acting like a football league club, but you can't change the past - only the future.

UTM!

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1417582343641047047
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1417445542775431189
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1414966702320799749
https://twitter.com/bullimore_bully/status/1414932006140526597
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1413865561751175178
Posted by: bobbyturtle, July 20, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 1
great to see, but i did imagine the posts gone haha
new look needs a new stadium please
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2021, 11:30pm; Reply: 2

That irrigation system looks miles better than the old one  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9e0QgHjDZc
Posted by: Harry Haddock, July 20, 2021, 11:43pm; Reply: 3
Shame it was only icey water
Posted by: Ships Cat, July 21, 2021, 7:21am; Reply: 4
Not bad for a bunch of tyre kickers.....
Posted by: pen penfras, July 21, 2021, 8:23am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ships Cat
Not bad for a bunch of tyre kickers.....

Pretty sure the tyre kicker was primarily Shutes. It's pretty obvious that he only wanted to be involved to make money and was trying to amplify the bad will against Fenty to push him out and lower the price. When that didn't happen, he backs out at the last minute having contributed to a whole load of chaos that left the 2 people who actually care about the town and club to pick up the pieces. JS comments about Shutes suggest they're unhappy with him.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 21, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 6
That video of the Findus 😍
Posted by: aldi_01, July 21, 2021, 8:29am; Reply: 7
Quoted from pen penfras

Pretty sure the tyre kicker was primarily Shutes. It's pretty obvious that he only wanted to be involved to make money and was trying to amplify the bad will against Fenty to push him out and lower the price. When that didn't happen, he backs out at the last minute having contributed to a whole load of chaos that left the 2 people who actually care about the town and club to pick up the pieces. JS comments about Shutes suggest they're unhappy with him.

Shutes and Fenty became personal and I’d imagine political…whether Shutes was ever in it for anything other raising stature and cash we’ll never know…ironic though that Fenty essentially called out someone who is exactly the same…

It’s weird, something as simple as this already makes the stand look smarter, I’d imagine there’s whole row of seats at least that can now be sold at full price too…
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 21, 2021, 8:48am; Reply: 8
The improvements to the youngs stand look great, such a simple change makes quite a difference to the overall ascetics. I wonder what else they got instore for our old lady!
Posted by: buckstown, July 21, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 9
It's great to see some positive actions moving the club forward after years of decline. Just hope it translates into a successful season on the pitch
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 21, 2021, 9:04am; Reply: 10
In a recent interview Macca mentioned something around Debbie and the new owners brining "standards" to the club, I think the kind of thing we've seen in the Twitter clips illustrates that as well as a bit of overdue minor investment.

Even though it's a pre season friendly I can't wait to get back to BP on Saturday.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 21, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 11
Quoted from pen penfras

Based on what evidence? There are a lot easier ways of making money than taking over decrepit football clubs, and trying to turn dockside industrial facilities into arts centres.

JS only made noises to the effect he was drunk off with Shutes. The obvious reason for that is because he pulled out at the last minute causing JS and AP to bear a bigger financial risk.
Posted by: Poojah, July 21, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 12
Quoted from pen penfras

Who knows what the truth is, but one unequivocal fact is that Fenty was the architect of his own demise when he went into business with a serially convicted criminal (and not petty crime, either). That one act transcended all of the bad will he had generated over the years (whether you believe that to be fairly or unfairly), and made hanging on to his control of the club completely and utterly untenable.

Let's not make him out to be the victim of subterfuge here.
Posted by: MarinerRob, July 21, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 13
I think without Shutes we may not  have got Jason and Andrew and been stuck with Fenty. If that what a 'tyre kicker' does then I am very happy with Shutes doing the kicking.

And to claim Shutes was only in it to make money in the same sentence mentioning Fenty takes the biscuit.
Posted by: MarinerRob, July 21, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 14
Hello 'pen penfras' and friend I see you have your red marker out again.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 21, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 15
I'm surprised that anybody believes a word the Principle Funder says, evidence of his bullsh*t is clearly documented in Cod Almighty's Fenty Years pieces.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 21, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MarinerRob
Hello 'pen penfras' I see you have your red marker out again.

'Pen penfras' is Welsh for 'cod head'. Learn something new every day. Slow day at work etc.
Posted by: toontown, July 21, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MarinerRob

And to claim Shutes was only in it to make money in the same sentence mentioning Fenty takes the biscuit.

Yeah that had me giving a rye chuckle at the cheek
Posted by: White_shorts, July 30, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

I hope those transparent panels are fixed securely, or someone in the lower tier could be injured.

The Findus Stand was a poor design 39 years ago. Most upper tier seating is accessed via aisle vomitories, with a refreshment concourse and toilets on the same level.

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:21pm