Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2021, 1:56pm
Ok, there seems to be the interest so I will be starting a new prediction league, first games to be Saturday 21st August, when The National League starts.

We ended the last league with 24 entrants so there is still plenty of room for any newcomers. On the other thread I made, the following people who were not in the previous leage expressed an interest. DB, male private Nale, Northbank Mariner, Grimsby 2012, Rex Fannies and Connecticut Mariner. I will automatically enter the 24 who finished the previous league (unless I get a PM to say otherwise) so if all enter that will take us up to 30 entries.

Any newcomers can still join in so if you wish to please register your interest on here.

For the record the 24 people who fished the previous league are as follows. Those who expressed an interest in the new league already are in bold and I will PM the others to let them know about the new league starting. MALLYNER, CRUSTY OLE PIE, GOBBY CMACKENZIE, RICHARD WIZBIT TWO LEFT FEET WILLESDEN MARINER PONNYFAN, GTFC71 GRIMSBY PETE HAGRID, SONIK POSH HARRY ABDUL19 IVANO SANDWICH FISHOUTOFWATER, VINNO69 THEVERA NAWOO IPSWIN GERY ELTON GRANTHAM MARINER TAGG

I will give a quick resume of the rules before the game starts.
Posted by: mike_d, July 20, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 1
Hi Les, can I register my interest? Ta.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2021, 2:28pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mike_d
Hi Les, can I register my interest? Ta.

Certainly. I will be posting the first fixtures to predict a week before they ar played and I will explain all the exact rules then.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 20, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 3
im in les
Posted by: brigg_mariner, July 20, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 4
Count me in Les please
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 20, 2021, 8:15pm; Reply: 5
Well that’s a turn up for the books if Ipswin has lodged his interest!!
Posted by: Swanny, July 21, 2021, 6:20am; Reply: 6
Would you mind adding me as well please les
Posted by: Bignic69, July 21, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 7
I'd like to be included please Les
Posted by: GYRanger, July 21, 2021, 8:46am; Reply: 8
Please include me Les, Thanks
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 21, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 9
Room for all expressing an interest. I will list all participants just before the league begins.
Posted by: Spatchcock, July 21, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 10
Can you count me in as well please Les 😊
Posted by: Hurstomariner, July 21, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 11
Count me in please Les
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 21, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 12
If there’s space mate, let us know
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 21, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
If there’s space mate, let us know

Space for all Woz.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 21, 2021, 9:26pm; Reply: 14
Is this the points for correct score and scorers?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2021, 7:41am; Reply: 15
Is this the points for correct score and scorers?

No, this is the league that I have run for the past few years, where I give you 6 games to predict each week and you score points on the accuracy of your predictions.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2021, 9:25am; Reply: 16
Just to re-iterate, this is The Icenian Prediction League that I have ran for several years now, where I give you 6 matches to predict each week.

The league stage lasts for 12 weeks and then the top 16 go into a 1 off knockout stage so the competition could last up to 16 weeks, so please only enter if you intend to stay the course as it's a bit of a pain when people drop out during the course of the season.

This is not the prediction league for The Mariners results which is run totally seperate to this competition.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 23, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 17
OK Les book me in please.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 28, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 18
Just a quick reminder about this. Just to clarify though, this is not The Prediction League for the Town matches, this is The Icenian Prediction League that I have been running for a number of years now, just to clear up any confusion there may be. I give 6 games each week to predict and you score points on the accuracy of your predicitions. The league stage lasts for 12 weeks and then the top 16 go into the knockout stage, which is played on a one off person v person basis.

For the record the 24 people who finished the previous league are as follows. MALLYNER, CRUSTY OLE PIE, GOBBY, CMACKENZIE, RICHARD, WIZBIT, TWO LEFT FEET, WILLESDEN MARINER, PONNYFAN, GTFC71, GRIMSBY PETE, HAGRID, SONIK, POSH HARRY, ABDUL19, IVANO SANDWICH, FISHOUTOFWATER, VINNO69, THEVERA, NAWOO, IPSWIN, GARY ELTON, GRANTHAM MARINER, and TAGG. I have heard back from most who have confirmed that they will be entering again. If you are listed on here and do not wish to partake in the forthcoming league please let me know.

I have had a number of new posters express their interest in taking part too. They are...DB, male private NALE, NORTHBANK MARINER, GRIMSBY2012, REX FANNIES, CONNECTICUT  MARINER, MIKE_D, BRIGG_MARINER, SWANNY, BIGNIC69, GY RANGER, SPATCHCOCK, HURSTOMARINER, WOZOFGRIMSBY and HESWALL MARINER.

So, if all take part then we will start with 39 entrants, though no doubt some will drop out during the game.

I will be posting the first 6 fixtures to predict on Saturday 14th August, this will be for games played on Saturday 21st August which is the 1st week of the competition.
Posted by: Masirah Mariner, July 28, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 19
Please can you also count me in Les.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 28, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Masirah Mariner
Please can you also count me in Les.

No problem.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 21
Ok, I am just about to post the first weeks fixtures and will make the thread a sticky.

I will also give a quick resume of the rules on there.
Posted by: thevera, August 14, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 22
Les
If you don’t mind I will give this one a miss. We have a lot going on at the moment and don’t trust myself to remember to do it each week. If it’s ok I will watch this one and rejoin in the new year if there is one.
Thank you
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from thevera
Les
If you don’t mind I will give this one a miss. We have a lot going on at the moment and don’t trust myself to remember to do it each week. If it’s ok I will watch this one and rejoin in the new year if there is one.
Thank you

Ok mate, no problem. Thanks for letting me know.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 14, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 24
I will give it a miss as well Les sorry both my wife and I have got a few  problems at the moment.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will give it a miss as well Les sorry both my wife and I have got a few  problems at the moment.

Ok, Pete. Hope things get better for you soon mate.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 9:07am