Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 15, 2021, 10:21am
I have a few questions about ticket prices etc.

How much is a match day ticket,  early bird etc?

The 1878 club, exactly what do you get for your £25
Is the 6 for the price of 5 exclusive for 1878 members.  if it is the it will probably cost more for the aforementioned 6 tickets than if bought on a match day.  You will only benefit on subsequent 6 for 5 purchases, then only by nominal amount.

Can any one enlighten me please and show why I should become an 1878 member
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 15, 2021, 11:14am; Reply: 1

Is the 6 for the price of 5 exclusive for 1878 members.  if it is the it will probably cost more for the aforementioned 6 tickets than if bought on a match day.  You will only benefit on subsequent 6 for 5 purchases, then only by nominal amount.

1878 gets you 6 for 5, discount in the club shop, priority after season ticket holders but before stub holders for away games and big games.

If you don't buy anything from the club shop but get to half of the home games then it comfortably pays for itself.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 15, 2021, 11:36am; Reply: 2

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/tickets/
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 15, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

The link shows....

19/20 Matchday Prices at Blundell Park

Unless the price has been frozen for this coming season?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 15, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 4
Just got my 1878 membership pack. Some nice goodies and the option of 6 tickets for the price of 5.
Well done to whoever thought this up.
Does anyone know how many of these have been sold?
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 15, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Just got my 1878 membership pack. Some nice goodies and the option of 6 tickets for the price of 5.

I bought mine on 30th June (still haven't received the pack though) and they said they'd only sold around 20 at that point, but I think there's been a bit of a take up this month.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 15, 2021, 4:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jamesgtfc

1878 gets you 6 for 5, discount in the club shop, priority after season ticket holders but before stub holders for away games and big games.

If you don't buy anything from the club shop but get to half of the home games then it comfortably pays for itself.

I was assuming that 6 for 5 is a one time thing only, so you get a 6th ticket free after your 5th one and that's it. Are you saying if you get to another 5 games you get another free one? I can't see that being the case if that's what you are saying.
Posted by: toontown, July 15, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 7
Where do you sign up for it, it's not particularly promoted or obvious on gtfc page if it's there
Posted by: toontown, July 15, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 8
OK so it's under "new ticketing system" under tickets. Not exactly obvious
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 21, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 9
Has anyone who ordered 1878 membership received their card through the post yet?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 21, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Son of Cod
Has anyone who ordered 1878 membership received their card through the post yet?

Yes, came very quickly and impressed with the offers it contains.
Posted by: ska face, July 21, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Son of Cod

Ordered mine Friday, arrived today.

Also gets you a free pint/drink at the fanzone, a “bring a friend for a fiver” voucher for what will be designated games, 3-day free gym pass for 2 people, a free programme, £20 off an online programme subscription and a load of other offers. That’s on top of the 6-for-5 offer and 10% off in the shop.

Well worth £25 if, like me, a season ticket isn’t viable.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 21, 2021, 10:15am; Reply: 12
Ah right, cheers mates. Mine's definitely gone missing in that case, will give them a bell. Those offers sound great for £25. My dad stopped going to Town years ago so I know who I'll be using that bring a friend voucher on.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 21, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 13

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but tickets for the Boston game are now on sale.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/tickets-for-boston-united-now-available/
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, July 21, 2021, 3:44pm; Reply: 14
Anyone know if you can pay on the gate on Saturday?
Posted by: Spidey, July 21, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Ooooh, what goodies do you get, I paid my £25 on Monday, and only got a membership card?
*edit* just read a previous post, saying you get a friend in for a fiver, discount on digital match day programs, so presuming that's the "goodies"
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 22, 2021, 9:46am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Spidey

Ooooh, what goodies do you get, I paid my £25 on Monday, and only got a membership card?
*edit* just read a previous post, saying you get a friend in for a fiver, discount on digital match day programs, so presuming that's the "goodies"

There are vouchers for various things including free pint, discount at Steels etc.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:34pm