Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 22, 2021, 6:43pm
Three games announced (+ one behind closed doors v Mansfield).

Nothing in the two week before the start of the season, so are we going to have more, or maybe a training camp somewhere with a couple of games.?

Anyone any idea, or know anything else?

STAY SAFE.
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 22, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 1
Yeah would imagine there'd be another two or so? Under the old regime in recent years, you'd have been able to put good money on at least one of Gainsborough, Barton or Donny. It would have been good to get something going on with Watford as part of the Pollock deal, but doesn't seem like that's happened.

Boston and Alfreton are decent choices, I think. Where was the Mansfield one announced? I didn't know about that.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 22, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Son of Cod
Where was the Mansfield one announced? I didn't know about that.

Anounced a while ago, Tuesday 20th July @ Mansfield behind closed doors !  I believe at 16.00 hrs, but where? Ground or Training ground???

Posted by: Mariner16, June 22, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 3
The Mansfield one was confirmed on their twitter, its at their training ground.
Posted by: Youngy, June 22, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 4
Dave Roberts mentioned a few weeks back on the club Youtube channel that there are home friendlies arranged starting late July.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, June 23, 2021, 8:30am; Reply: 5
Ideally we plan the more difficult friendlies nearer to the start of the season but in the 2 weeks before our season starts, the EFL has already started.

The next "hardest" games would be the teams in our own league which I doubt we would be playing. Not ideal but the same for everyone I suppose.

A training camp has been arranged.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:17pm